Sunday's code??

heath dog

Can't get enough Disney!
We have ressies for ASMu in May. I am trying to get a better deal for this as I hate to pay $99 for this resort. We love this resort but we have never paid that much and hearing all the deals that people are getting and paying not much more for moderates is tough to hear.
Anyways, I was looking on mousesavers (none of the other deals pertain to us) because I have been waiting for the new code to come out on Sunday. I was reading about the code CGK or something and they were saying that the same code different name will be coming out for everyone else on Sunday. The deal is excellent but it looks like for travel 6/23-8/?. This obviously doesn't help us. We have already bought the plane tickets so no switching. I was wondering if you all think it will be just for those dates? Do you think that they would let us use that code for our time? Has anyone ever talked anyone into that?
Thank you for your help. Sorry for the rambling.....

We're not even paying $99 to stay in a moderate in May. I would call CRO and see what they can do for you. With the amount you're paying, it might be time to upgrade to a moderate.

I called twice and asked and nothing. They say no. We are not DVC/AP/DC members so I can't seem to find a deal anywhere. May I ask you what kind of deal you got? and where? Not trying to be too personal.
Thanks

There was a code for $94 a night at moderates, but it expired a couple weeks ago. It also discounted All Stars -- $74, I think. I need to adjust my dates and am also waiting for a code for early June. Fortunately, I have four of my six nights with the old code. I have gotten good discounts last minute, so don't give up YET.

We're paying $93.24 at POFQ in May and at POR in July. We're paying $110 for Coronado this month. Some of the reservations were made a while ago while others were just made. We are FL residents so that may have gotten us some deals. I would keep calling back. Talk to a supervisor. Send an email - that always works for us! :)

Thank you all for your thoughts.
I don't have AAA but right now I am wishing that I had something.:p
If I were to send an email then who would I send it too?

tiffany, thanks for the tip! i was able to get the lower rate for my trip in july. now we are saving $60 at the WL!:p

To send an email go to www.disneyworld.com to the guest services section at the bottom of the home page. There are plenty of choices to send a message. Disney has always been wonderful in getting back with us within a couple of days. Send an email at your earliest convenience and let them know your situation. :)

Originally posted by disney queen
tiffany, thanks for the tip! i was able to get the lower rate for my trip in july. now we are saving $60 at the WL!:p

You are welcome disney queen. There is all most nothing better then saving money on a Disney trip :D

Heath dog - I've responded to most of your other posts, but just had a new thought. Have you called to see if they have any "Upsells" or "Manager's Specials" at a moderate. I know it might be a little backwards, but maybe you can at least get a moderate for the price or slightly more then you're paying for a value resorts.

If you're main purpose is strictly to save money, then obviously this doesn't help, but if you are just not happy paying so much for a value when everyone is paying less, maybe you'd be happy getting a moderate for a good rate. Just a thought.

Thank you all so much!!
Yep, I did call and ask about an upgrade to a moderate. Nope, they twice said no deals. I guess it is both for me. I am trying to save money but also it is hard to see people get moderates for the same I am paying. I don't begrudge anyone though.
It is annoying to hear that the code expired on March 30th and I reserved before and repeatedly asked if there were any deals or codes,etc. and nope. I looked everywhere too and called 2w's before I even reserved. I am not trying to sound whiny or annoying myself.:p :p

Depending on how many nights you are staying you might save money joining the Disney Club (39.95 unless your employer participates then it's 29.95). The rate for the Value resorts with the DC discount in May would be about 84.00 a night. ~:)~

I am going the second week in june and have also been skipped over by these discounts. I told the cro that we fell through the cracks on discount coming late spring/early summer. 4/6/02 and he said "some may be coming out on the official website soon and to keep checking every couple days, because they would be limited. He booked my room without disney club discount for now as tthe savings aren't much. So keep checking! He couldn't say any more, but was very helpful! I hope his hints are too! I also emailed disney and am waiting for a reply. We have airline tickets for then too so can't change, but I didn't tell them that.

sjjdbatch.......please keep me informed if you see or hear anything else. ;)
We are also going 2nd week of June and I need to make a few adjustments.
But I've been told no more discounts available for that time. :(
The new discounts start June 23, :(
Thanks

tar heel - how did you get last minute discounts in the past? I need one night in May and it seems that I've missed out on the codes. I am hoping that someway I can get a better rate than AllStars for $99.

Just keep in mind that DC and AP do not guarantee a discount room rate.
We have AAA, DC and are AP members.
When I booked some time ago for the end of May, no AP room discounts were available for ASMo.
We stayed at ASMo the first full week in January for $55 a night, incl taxes. In May, that same room was going to cost us $94 a night, with taxes and even with the DC rate! :p
I was able to get the discount rate that was available to anyone at that time for a mod at $94 a night + tax. (= $104 a night)
I would have booked at S/D if I could have gotten a rate equal to the teacher/nurse/gov rate.
I would just keep on calling back often to see if something opens up too. There's always hope. Or most likely I would skip CRO and contact Dreams Unlimited and see if they can work some magic figures.
Good luck!

My story is sad too. I started coming to DIS boards October 2000, I had already booked and paid for April 2001 trip so I never paid attention to CODES on these boards at the time. Once I started cluing in, I realized I got NAILED big time. I paid $174.00 per night for CBR, I live in Canada, so that's $300 at night Canadian!!!! OUCH! When I returned in April 2001, I noitced there was a $99.00 CBR code!!! I have a wonderful friend who called this my TUITION of knowledge for CODES! LOL! This year I waited for the codes and books CSR at $94.00 for this month, we leave in two weeks for 10 nights. Last year I made a plan, no more than $99 per night on site April 2002. So that meant All Star without code or CSR with code. I just watched mousesavers.com at got the code. I understand your frustration completely! Same but different thing happened this year. Since I was a little girl I had a dream to stay at the CR ~ even now as the monorail goes thru CR I have my hands and face pressed up against the window of the train. I just had it in my head that we were staying 10 nights at CSR. Never did it occur to me that we could split our nights and stay at CR a couple night. A code for $154.00 standard at CR came up, but we decided to keep thing the way they are. Next trip will be with AP's 5 nights POFQ and 4 nights CR! Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter