Super Bowl Predictions?

I would be curious to see if Pat's or Geno's was busier than normal after the parade. I do miss, sometimes, heading to Philly for one of those killer cheesecakes.

The parade looked amazing! From afar, I went onto Philly.com (Philadelphia Inquirer’s website, for those of you who don’t know it) and checked out what the newspaper deemed the ‘best’ photos of the day. Best Tweets too. They also had an article entitled something like “what parade goers climbed on parade day”. So funny….and so very Philly! My parents are back living in the area and are kind of sad that everything will kind of calm down now. With everything else going on in the world, it was really a great time and so fun to have something to celebrate! Though I'm sure the feeling will last for quite a while. Philadelphia really was the city of brotherly love yesterday!

I would be curious to see if Pat's or Geno's was busier than normal after the parade.

Who cares about Geno’s? Pat’s is all that matters!

Jim’s on south street is way better than either of those two. But i prefer pats over Genos.

Ohhhh yeah!!!!! Jim's is hands down the best cheesesteak in Philly. During my college years I lived on South St between 9th and 10th, so many trips to Jim's were made.

We went to the parade today and it was absolutely amazing. An experience I’ll nrver forget. I’m sure this is the best day of my sons life.

We got up at 5 am and we’re at the train station at 7 am. We got great spot at Logan’s circle. Only two kids in front of us. Then we stood for 5 hours. Lol. Almost froze to death. But so worth it View attachment 301120View attachment 301121View attachment 301122View attachment 301123

I’ll try to post a few pics.

Thanks for the pics. i wonder how much Embassy Suites was charging for a room of the view of the parade. That would a lot more comfortable than standing for hours in the cold!

I wasn't willing to get there early in the AM and stand for hours, so I had to settle for a spot about 10 people back near LOVE park. Got there about 1130 am, the parade passed this spot about 1245 pm.

27657971_10213040930956764_541949319429841210_n.jpg

Parade day was amazing!

Attachments

• D627EF90-D040-4C3C-B1D5-ECF0552C70EB.jpeg
    D627EF90-D040-4C3C-B1D5-ECF0552C70EB.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 8
  • E545A6CE-8EB1-4BA9-8B6E-CE5552F70828.jpeg
    E545A6CE-8EB1-4BA9-8B6E-CE5552F70828.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 0F2852A1-5C2B-4D94-989A-012AAFF10B29.jpeg
    0F2852A1-5C2B-4D94-989A-012AAFF10B29.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 8
Those are probably the three most well known cheesesteak places in Philly, but I'll bet there are a dozen or more hole-in-the-wall neighborhood places that put all three to shame.

I’ve heard great things about johns. Their cheesesteaks and roast pork sandwiches.

Just read through this whole post and it is amazing! Eagles fan here still getting my voice back ;) Got to share the win with my dad who will be 70 this year. We were at the game the Phillies won in 2008 but he could not make the parade (My husband and I watched the Phillies ceremony from behind home plate at the ballpark...I was almost 8 months pregnant then and we had our 2 year old son with us...and Philly fans may recall that it was Halloween so my poor son did not get to trick or treat...but he was only 2 anyway).

This time, I shared the game and the parade with him. We watched the beginning of the parade since my dad has bad knees and has trouble standing for long periods of time and because we brought our 9 year old son (the one I was pregnant with during Phillies win our 11 year old preferred to go to school :confused3). We saw the ceremony at Victory Beerhall in Xfinity Live, which was amazing....especially during Kelce's speech which the whole place chanted his name. I will say that I have only witnessed my dad, a First Recon Marine Viet Nam Vet, cry on few occasions and the man was in tears. Congrats to my fellow Eagles fans! Great game Pat's fans...they truly are an epic team! Fly Eagles Fly!

Oh and I agree that Jim's is better than Pats or Genos, but my fave is Campos !

Last edited:
Heard that Boston people are sore losers when they lose. That is from a friend at the gym that used to live in Mass. And does not like the Patriots. But still Eagles players sound like class acts and humble. And low key compared to the Patriots, as they shove it in people's faces. Just my two cents.

Heard that Boston people are sore losers when they lose. That is from a friend at the gym that used to live in Mass. And does not like the Patriots. But still Eagles players sound like class acts and humble. And low key compared to the Patriots, as they shove it in people's faces. Just my two cents.
:rolleyes:

I don't think that NE is alone in their passion(positive or negative) for their teams. I feel like it's a north eastern thing honestly and it spans many sports... Baseball, hockey, football...

No one is more passionate than a NY fan(Yankees, Giants, Bills, Jets etc.) or a NE fan(Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics etc.). They're not afraid to cheer, heckle or boast.

...Maybe college football fans. They can be pretty ruthless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter