Super Bowl Predictions?

They were playing a Prince song too, when they won the game.

After the game, the 4 commentator's were talking and I think Mike Ditka explained how the defense should not touch the Vikings, since they felt the clock would run out. They did not want to incur any penalties.

That's what 2, 1st quarter pass interference calls will do to you; it freezes your aggressive play.

If I were a Minnesota Fan and gambled on a ticket right now to buy, how much would the ticket be, or would it even have a chance to even get a ticket.

If I were a Minnesota Fan and gambled on a ticket right now to buy, how much would the ticket be, or would it even have a chance to even get a ticket.
You can absolutely get a ticket through a broker (Stub Hub, Vivid). Get them ONLY through one of these vendors that "guarantee" the ticket (i.e., it will work or you get your money back). The face value of the tickets range from $950 to $5000, but you can't get one of those UNLESS you know someone or are a season ticket holder of one of the teams in the game, AND win the lottery. Assuming it's the Vikes in the game, about 1 in 5 season ticket holders will get the chance to purchase a face value ticket. On the secondary market, you will pay AT LEAST 3-4x the face value. Currently the cheapest seats on that market are around $4000, I kid you not....and those are nosebleed seats. The best are currently priced at $17500 per seat.

I got my playoff game ticket from Stub Hub. Worked just fine. I did pay about $170 a ticket (plus fees) but in the end it was worth every penny. Best game I will ever see in my lifetime, and I was there. :-) They were "nosebleed" seats around the 30 yard line, and our view was great. Saw everything no problem, including the Minneapolis Miracle. I took my German exchange student to see her one (and likely only) NFL game....her standards are going to be very high after this one. LOL.

Could be. But the Bank is LOUD. My hearing still hasn't returned. Regularly exceeded 118-120 decibels during every offensive play by the opponents. Has to have an effect.

Even if Minnesota gets there, many of the tickets have already been bought, so it won't be 100% Vikings fans. Even so, the Patriots are the best road team in the league (and have been for a while). Noise doesn't hurt Brady. He's too smart, too well prepared and has too much experience. The Patriots practice with excessive crowd noise piped in to mimic wherever they are playing. To beat them, you have to outplay them.

Even if Minnesota gets there, many of the tickets have already been bought, so it won't be 100% Vikings fans. Even so, the Patriots are the best road team in the league (and have been for a while). Noise doesn't hurt Brady. He's too smart, too well prepared and has too much experience. The Patriots practice with excessive crowd noise piped in to mimic wherever they are playing. To beat them, you have to outplay them.
A If the game is in Minnesota and the Vikings are in, I'd be more than willing to bet that a lot of (for example) Eagles fans who bought tickets will resell them yet again. If will be a majority of Minnesotans in that stadium if the Vikings are in the game. :-)

A If the game is in Minnesota and the Vikings are in, I'd be more than willing to bet that a lot of (for example) Eagles fans who bought tickets will resell them yet again. If will be a majority of Minnesotans in that stadium if the Vikings are in the game. :-)

True. Still, given the Pats are 15-1 on the road the past 2 seasons, I think they can handle it.

I don't care who wins the Super Bowl as long as it's not NE. Enough already! :headache:

Enough already of what? An experienced team of players who train and practice day and night, who are willing to sacrifice and leave everything out on the field, and have the wins to prove it, shouldn't be there? Who else should be there? The Patriots are not my favorite football team, but knowing football and understanding what it takes to play the game, especially at that level, they certainly have my respect, and there is no way I can say that any other team other than the two who do make it to the SB deserves to be there. Advice to football teams everywhere: Play till the whistle blows, and one call doesn't make or break a game. There are 60 minutes to play, and if one call or play causes your team to lose, then you didn't do something right in the other 59:30 of the game.

Last edited:
Enough already of what? An experienced team of players who train and practice day and night, who are willing to sacrifice and leave everything out on the field, and have the wins to prove it, shouldn't be there? Who else should be there? The Patriots are not my favorite football team, but knowing football and understanding what it takes to play the game, especially at that level, they certainly have my respect, and there is no way I can say that any other team other than the two who do make it to the SB deserves to be there. Advice to football teams everywhere: Play till the whistle blows, and one call doesn't make or break a game. There are 60 minutes to play, and if one call or play causes your team to lose, then you didn't do something right in the other 59:30 of the game.

Hey, I know a team that played till the whistle blew. :P

Well said. If you're tired of them being there, blame your team. It's as if people expect the Patriots to stop trying to appease the haters. It's not even like the Bulls in the 90's where it was pretty much the same team. The Patriots have had Brady, but completely different players every year, with the exception of 7 or 8. It's the work ethic, the effort, the belief they have in the coach and the passion they have for the game, the fans, and their owner.

Well said. If you're tired of them being there, blame your team. It's as if people expect the Patriots to stop trying to appease the haters. It's not even like the Bulls in the 90's where it was pretty much the same team. The Patriots have had Brady, but completely different players every year, with the exception of 7 or 8. It's the work ethic, the effort, the belief they have in the coach and the passion they have for the game, the fans, and their owner.

My kids play football and cheer and we were at the Mid-America Little Scholar Banquet last year for Pop Warner. The keynote speaker was a former player (current dad and coach for a PW team) who played with Brady on the Patriots in the mid-2000's. He explained to the kids at the banquet that Tom Brady's success did not just happen - he said that Brady was the first one in the weight room/meeting room every morning, and the last to leave. He never took a rep off, or a day off, or a play off. He talked about how many hours of film Brady and the team would study each week, and how they ran practices like it was a game. He talked about the expectation the coaching staff had of the players, and vice versa. The Patriots system is a system of belief - belief in the way they do things, how to behave, how to act toward yourself, your coaches, your teammates, and your fans. These players buy in to the system, and it shows. That's why they can change wide receivers and other positions every year and still get the same results.

I'll never forget some of his final words to the kids: "Players who look for the praise and glory on the big play don't do well in New England."

Sums it up perfectly.

I think some are taking the “sick of the pats” in the super bowl too seriously.

I know they are an awesome team and deserve to be where they are. They work their butts off and deserve it. I would never take that from them.

But i like change. It would be nice to see another team in that spot. Im not saying the pats should just hand it over. Not at all. It would just be refreshing to see a new quarterback and team earn that spot. Getting to see new excitement and joy from different faces.

I felt the same with Dallas and the Bills when i was a kid. It got old. Change is good.

I know they are an awesome team and deserve to be where they are. They work their butts off and deserve it. I would never take that from them.

But i like change. It would be nice to see another team in that spot. Im not saying the pats should just hand it over. Not at all. It would just be refreshing to see a new quarterback and team earn that spot. Getting to see new excitement and joy from different faces.

I felt the same with Dallas and the Bills when i was a kid. It got old. Change is good.

I'm assuming you are talking about me.

Any TEAM (the QB doesn't work alone) that would like to step in and take over is free to do so, nobody's stopping them from trying.

Personally, I would love to see Matt Stafford and team win more than a handful of games a year, but that's on them.:rolleyes1

Last edited:
I'm assuming you are talking about me.

Any TEAM (the QB doesn't work alone) that would like to step in and take over is free to do so, nobody's stopping them from trying.

Personally, I would love to see Matt Stafford and team win more than a handful of games a year, but that's on them.:rolleyes1

I didn’t even look at the SN but others on this thread have said the same. I get it.

If the pats win they definitely deserve to be there just like all of the previous times. They worked for it. It’s juat my opinion, in my own little world, that i would like to see a different team. I usually route for the underdog too.

If i don’t see a new team this year I’ll still watch and enjoy the game. I hope it’s as exciting as last years!!!

My kids play football and cheer and we were at the Mid-America Little Scholar Banquet last year for Pop Warner. The keynote speaker was a former player (current dad and coach for a PW team) who played with Brady on the Patriots in the mid-2000's. He explained to the kids at the banquet that Tom Brady's success did not just happen - he said that Brady was the first one in the weight room/meeting room every morning, and the last to leave. He never took a rep off, or a day off, or a play off. He talked about how many hours of film Brady and the team would study each week, and how they ran practices like it was a game. He talked about the expectation the coaching staff had of the players, and vice versa. The Patriots system is a system of belief - belief in the way they do things, how to behave, how to act toward yourself, your coaches, your teammates, and your fans. These players buy in to the system, and it shows. That's why they can change wide receivers and other positions every year and still get the same results.

I'll never forget some of his final words to the kids: "Players who look for the praise and glory on the big play don't do well in New England."

Sums it up perfectly.

Perfect example of the Patriots level of seriousness and dedication to the team - They are the only team in the league in which their captains don't wear a "C" on their jerseys. They are also the only team that didn't have a choreographed end zone celebration. Perhaps if the Steelers spent more time studying the Jags and less time planning their end zone celebration, the result would have been different.

Right. In the end it’s entertainment nothing more so if ppl are no longer entertained by seeing the same show over & over, its not personal. Not everyone is saying they’re sick of the patriots b/c they want to see their team. Some are saying they’d like to see almost ANY other team.

I predict that I will not be watching this year since I haven't watched a game after week one, and because we're getting home from Florida the day before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter