Super Bowl Predictions?

. Perhaps if the Steelers spent more time studying the Jags and less time planning their end zone celebration, the result would have been different.

Seriously? :rolleyes2

Pretty sure end zone celebrations were not why we lost. We tend to lose to teams we SHOULD beat because management looks ahead.

And there were a bunch of questionable play calls that should have never been.

Planning their celebrations had nothing to do with it. I know I've NEVER seen a Patriot celebrate:rolleyes2

Perfect example of the Patriots level of seriousness and dedication to the team - They are the only team in the league in which their captains don't wear a "C" on their jerseys. They are also the only team that didn't have a choreographed end zone celebration. Perhaps if the Steelers spent more time studying the Jags and less time planning their end zone celebration, the result would have been different.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000086245/Gronk-s-royal-celebration

Nope. No choreography here.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-engla...e-TD-celebration-It-just-happened-on-the-spot

Or here.

As for the Steelers loss, when you score 42 and lose, the loss is probably on the defense. I doubt the defense spent much time at all planning any celebrations.

Pretty sure end zone celebrations were not why we lost. We tend to lose to teams we SHOULD beat because management looks ahead.

Planning their celebrations had nothing to do with it. I know I've NEVER seen a Patriot celebrate:rolleyes2
The Steelers coach has lost all control of his team. The players do what they want.

You can absolutely get a ticket through a broker (Stub Hub, Vivid). Get them ONLY through one of these vendors that "guarantee" the ticket (i.e., it will work or you get your money back). The face value of the tickets range from $950 to $5000, but you can't get one of those UNLESS you know someone or are a season ticket holder of one of the teams in the game, AND win the lottery. Assuming it's the Vikes in the game, about 1 in 5 season ticket holders will get the chance to purchase a face value ticket. On the secondary market, you will pay AT LEAST 3-4x the face value. Currently the cheapest seats on that market are around $4000, I kid you not....and those are nosebleed seats. The best are currently priced at $17500 per seat.

I got my playoff game ticket from Stub Hub. Worked just fine. I did pay about $170 a ticket (plus fees) but in the end it was worth every penny. Best game I will ever see in my lifetime, and I was there. :-) They were "nosebleed" seats around the 30 yard line, and our view was great. Saw everything no problem, including the Minneapolis Miracle. I took my German exchange student to see her one (and likely only) NFL game....her standards are going to be very high after this one. LOL.
Wow, I was going to post the packer fans paid $2000 for tickets when Brett Favre took the team to New Orleans, and I thought that had to be wrong. I cannot imagine paying $17,500 for a seat.

And if it were my team i would be enjoying the ride too!

And believe me we are!! We know the Brady/Belichick era will end but until then just enjoy.

The Steelers coach has lost all control of his team. The players do what they want.

Yeah and darn clean your beard!! Just nasty

Oh and Diggs it was a division game - not a conference - or SB - You ain't Butler yet

No, ultimately they lost because Tomlin is more of a cheerleader than a coach. That and their defense is pretty bad. And let's face it, the Steelers were already planning on the AFC Championship game.

Celebrating is one thing. Getting together with 7 of your teammates and planning your celebration are 2 totally different things.

No, ultimately they lost because Tomlin is more of a cheerleader than a coach. That and their defense is pretty bad. And let's face it, the Steelers were already planning on the AFC Championship game.

Celebrating is one thing. Getting together with 7 of your teammates and planning your celebration are 2 totally different things.

ITA - really saying you are looking to the conference game rather then playing the game in front of- stupid!!! Duval!!! yeah righto_Oo_Oo_O

No, ultimately they lost because Tomlin is more of a cheerleader than a coach.

I, and much of the NFL community would disagree with you there. Tomlin is a heck of a coach. Have we even had a losing season since he took over? (Not that I wouldn't love to have Cowher back)

That and their defense is pretty bad.

No, our defense was terrible during that game, no denying that. But we have a good defense. Not as good as it has been, but good. Also, we lost our heart (Shazier) and sold our soul (Harrison) this year. I'm still devastated with how he was treated. We should have played him.

And let's face it, the Steelers were already planning on the AFC Championship game.

Yes. They do have the tendency to focus on the "harder win on the horizon" then focus on their current challenge. It's why we often lose to teams we shouldn't lose to.

I, and much of the NFL community would disagree with you there. Tomlin is a heck of a coach. Have we even had a losing season since he took over? (Not that I wouldn't love to have Cowher back)

He has lost control of his players. He's a coach not a friend.

No, our defense was terrible during that game, no denying that. But we have a good defense. Not as good as it has been, but good. Also, we lost our heart (Shazier) and sold our soul (Harrison) this year. I'm still devastated with how he was treated. We should have played him.

Yes. They do have the tendency to focus on the "harder win on the horizon" then focus on their current challenge. It's why we often lose to teams we shouldn't lose to.

They lost twice this year to J'Vill. In fact whipped good. How could they look past a team that kicked their butts the first time.

With the amount of offensive talent Pittsburgh has, they shouldn't be losing to anyone. Best WR in the game. Best RB in the game. One of the top 5 QBs in the game. Multiple other deep threats at WR.

As for Shazier, things happen. OT, so good to see he is recovering. That being said, it's all about making adjustments, and that falls on the coach. The Patriots lost their best receiver and their best defensive player for the year. They're still there though. Tomlin let's his players do whatever they want. And he doesn't prepare well enough for the task at hand. No one would deny his knowledge of the game. But again, with that team, falling short of winning it all falls on him.

Maybe the Steelers lost to the Jags because the Jags are the better team, not because the Steelers did something wrong. By blaming the Steelers for "looking ahead" or whatever, you are basically saying the Jags didn't deserve the win and the better team lost.

Since it's the playoffs, the Jags have to be a good team, right? I mean, it's not like they got there by accident.

Maybe they are just the better team.

Anything is possible at this point. It's the playoffs. Heck the Pat's lost to the Giants twice in the super bowl. I bet no one saw that one coming. When it's do or die, your back is against the wall, miracles can happen. I won't count any team out at this point.

It's like the people who say the Eagles are only good this year because they played bad teams.

Well, they are in the NFC Championship now. They must be pretty good.

They lost twice this year to J'Vill. In fact whipped good. How could they look past a team that kicked their butts the first

You're absolutely right. Both losses were embarrassing. I don't think the Steelers put the attention into developing a game plan against them that they should have.

With the amount of offensive talent Pittsburgh has, they shouldn't be losing to anyone

100% agree, so when we lose, it is on us.

Maybe the Steelers lost to the Jags because the Jags are the better team, not because the Steelers did something wrong. By blaming the Steelers for "looking ahead" or whatever, you are basically saying the Jags didn't deserve the win and the better team lost.

Stastically, the Jags aren't the better team. We were second seed, and had better record. We DO have the best WR and best RB and top 5 QBs in the league, not to mention Boswell who is fantastic as well. On paper, we should have won. Should've been a tough, hard fought game, but we should have won. We didn't. Play calling was questionable. Execution didn't always happen. And our defense was apparently on leave, they certainly didn't show up at Heinz Field.

The Jags absolutely deserved to be in the playoffs. But our loss is on us. We SHOULD have won. And we flaked.

That being said, it's all about making adjustments, and that falls on the coach. The Patriots lost their best receiver and their best defensive player for the year.

Agreed. The Jags lost their/a top receiver to an ACL injury in week 1 and he still isn't back.

Steelers fans keep saying they were better statistically but that isn't exactly true. The Steelers had the better record but that includes 2 games against the Browns and they scored fewer/gave up more points than the Jaguars.

Steelers fans keep saying they were better statistically but that isn't exactly true. The Steelers had the better record but that includes 2 games against the Browns and they scored fewer/gave up more points than the Jaguars.
Isn't that like people who say the Eagles had an easy schedule and don't deserve to be where they are?
The Jaguars deserve to be there, for sure, but the Steelers are statistically better. You can pull criteria that make just about any team "look better". Well this team had more TD completions. This team had more sacks. This team.... Yadda yadda yadda.

What gets you to the playoffs is your record, so I would argue that is the most important statistic.

And we beat the Browns the second time using our second string. So while they were an "easy target", that doesn't discount our victory.

Isn't that like people who say the Eagles had an easy schedule and don't deserve to be where they are?
The Jaguars deserve to be there, for sure, but the Steelers are statistically better. You can pull criteria that make just about any team "look better". Well this team had more TD completions. This team had more sacks. This team.... Yadda yadda yadda.

What gets you to the playoffs is your record, so I would argue that is the most important statistic.

And we beat the Browns the second time using our second string. So while they were an "easy target", that doesn't discount our victory.

Other than the win-loss record, how are they statistically better?

Other than the win-loss record, how are they statistically better?
Passing
Receiving
Kicking
Field Goals

They are ranked higher than JAX in all of these according to NFL statistics. All fairly important, but what really matters is record. At least to me.

Passing
Receiving
Kicking
Field Goals

They are ranked higher than JAX in all of these according to NFL statistics. All fairly important, but what really matters is record. At least to me.

LOL, there are others that list JAX higher.

Don't worry, I'm just yanking your chain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter