Super overwhelmed with a few questions

Tygerlilly

DIS Veteran
After looking around and pricing out different options, it was mentioned that renting DVC points was actually a really great idea. My problem is that I don't even know where to begin with this. I'm looking at booking for 3 nights in November 2019, specifically the 8th-11th for the first half of our honeymoon. I think we'd really enjoy any of the boardwalk resorts (BW, BC, YC) or as a fun surprise for my hubby to be, a savanna view at AK. Since it's just the 2 of us for only a few days, we're fine in a regular studio room.

Where do I even begin to figure out how many points I need for each of those? I can't even begin to book anything until March, when all the actual wedding stuff will be paid off. Will that be too late to rent?

Also, can a DVC rental add in the dining plan? We only need 3 day tickets, but may upgrade to an annual pass when we get there. Any tips for a newbie who wants to rent for the first (of hopefully many) time?

David's vacation rentals is the only online site I would trust with renting. he is a sponsor of the boards and an owner himself. He has lots of villa videos on YouTube and a good customer base. That is where I would go if I didn't know a member personally. There is also a rent and trade board here so that you might find an owner that will work with you. The owner is in charge of your reservation at all times and would need to add the dining plan. AVK savanna view is a booking category. You can get point charts at DVCNews.com

November will be a busy time for DVC...as soon as you have the dates you need to book.

If you sign up for his website he will send you some last minute reservation options as well. You need to know that cancelling a DVC reservation can affect the owners points which is why most times I think it is non refundable.

If you want BWV or BCV for November, you need to find an owner (or Davids) with those points to book 11 months in advance. In the past, AKL has had pretty good availability, but 7 month (or shorter) bookings have been getting tighter every year (Oct-beginning of Jan). If an owner would be willing to waitlist then you may have a shot booking in March (but not every owner may want to do this - we only have 2 waitlists that can be active and they may already be in use, or they just may not have the time or inclination). Also, studios typically go the quickest, so you may have more luck with a 1BR if that's in the budget. Good luck and congrats!

I have to agree. If you're not booking until March, cross of BWV or BCV. YC is not DVC, so it's not an option.

By March, you might be able to still get AKV-Kidani.

I have to agree. If you're not booking until March, cross of BWV or BCV. YC is not DVC, so it's not an option.

By March, you might be able to still get AKV-Kidani.
Agreed. Those nights in November are really popular with members because of Veteran Day, Jersey Week, end of F&W and Wine & Dine Half Marathon. March might even been too late for those nights. The earlier you can book them, the better. You can book those starting Dec 8.

David’s also has a point/cost calculator on the website. You plug in the dates and resort of choice and it gives you the amount of points you will need for each level of accommodation and the corresponding cost to rent them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!