Super Sports & More Swap 2012~Slideshow in post #3~Complete!

DisneyBarlans

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Super Sports and More Swap!!:wave2:

I am so excited to be hostessing this swap! Below are the general requirements for this swap. I would love to hear your suggestions for groups....

*Signups-February 10-13th* Sign ups will begin on February 10th at 9 am EST

There are two different types of groups listed:

-The first is for elements~you pick an element from the list below and make one for each member of your group. These are to be embellished two ways per the guidelines listed below.

-The second is for 2'' Altered letters~new to this swap! You will pick a letter or letters, and it will combine to spell out the entire word. Make your specified letter(s) 2 inches tall with a shadow/mat behind it. Embellish your letter(s) at least once to go along with the theme of the title. You may use patterned paper or solid colored cardstock. Please be creative and use colors that represent your group selection.

Guidelines:

1. Due date is April 30th, 2012. That is when I need to receive your package. Mail by date is April 25th, to make sure your package arrives to me on time.
Please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

2. You pick your group and the element you will doing in that group. Please use the element list below. If you are doing altered letters, please let me know your first and second choices for letters.

3. Required: Please see the element list for the number of elements to make for EACH swapper.

4. Packaging: A. Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS or page with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this:

DisneyBarlans
Anne Barlan
Group A

Element Groups~Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not.

Altered Letter Groups~Please place all of your letters in a jewelry or snack size bag, then they all go into a QUART size bag. *Please make sure all of your baggies fit comfortably inside of a quirt size baggie. Sandwich bags are too big for individual letters.*

5. Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after April 23rd [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. DO NOT include click-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed. Here are the current rates: Envelope-$5.15, Small Box-$5.35, Medium/Standard box $11.35, Large box-$15.45.

-Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)

-If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the .75, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the .75 and the filled out DC form.

6. If you haven’t swapped with me before, I am limiting you to TWO groups only. If you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

7. Please be mindful of your time management. Do NOT sign up for more than you can handle.

8. Most importantly HAVE FUN!! I know we all get worried about our stuff sometimes. I know everything will be GREAT! Just make something you would be proud to have in your own albums, and everyone will love it!!

Element list:
*Title = standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles,mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, photo mat, altered CD.
*2 photo mats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
*2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
*2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
#1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
#1 file folder or matchbook (2 if smaller than 3x4) - -embellished
#2 slide mounts -- embellished
#2 Frames - needs to fit 4x6 photo please - Sizzix okay even though smaller
#Altered CD
#3 altered paper clips
#1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished and no smaller than 2x3
#1 license plate
#3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
#1 ATC embellished 3 ways
#4 inchies embellished 2 ways
#Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
#Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
#Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches embellished

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, bling). :woohoo:

Groups:

Element Groups:
2. Backyard Fun~MAKE 2
1. DB-title
2. ckmom97-tags

3. Baseball~MAKE 3
1. ckmom97-tags
2. LM3K-paper clips
3. DB-title

4. Softball~MAKE 3
1. ckmom97-title
2. LM3K-mats
3. mybestieismickey-license plate

5. Basketball~MAKE 3
1. ckmom97-tags
2. DB-title
3. mybestieismickey-mats

6. Football~MAKE 2
1. DB-title
2. ckmom97-PP

7. Soccer~MAKE 3
1. ckmom97-title
2. DB-PP
3. MT2P-mats

8. Wrestling~MAKE 2
1. LM3K-title
2. DB-mats (choose school colors)

9. Beach~MAKE 3
1. LM3K-pins
2. mommy2mrb-title
3. DB-mats

10. Birthday~MAKE 4
1. LM3K-tags
2. wdwmickey-shapes
3. mommy2mrb-mats
4. DB-title

11. Camping~MAKE 2
1. DB-title
2. mybestieismickey-lyric

12. Dance~MAKE 2
1. ckmom97-title
2. mommy2mrb-poem

14. Performance –Drama/Music~MAKE 4
1. ckmom97-tags
2. wdwmickey-shapes
3. mommy2mrb-mats
4. MT2P-title

16. Pool~MAKE 2
1. LM3K-tags
2. DB-title

18. Zoo (general, must say ZOO, not animal name)~MAKE 2
1. LM3K-pins
2. DB-title

19. Volleyball~MAKE 2
1. mybestieismickey-license plate
2. MT2P-title

22. Fishing~MAKE 2
1. LM3K-title
2. mybestieismickey-tags

Altered Letter Groups:
B. Backyard Fun (each swapper chooses 3 letters)~FULL
B-DB
A-ckmom97
C-MazdaUK
K-MazdaUK
Y-DB
A-ckmom97
R-DB
D-MazdaUK
Icon-ckmom97

C. Baseball (Choose 2 letters)~FULL
B-ckmom97
A-LM3K
S-DB
E-ckmom97
B-LM3K
A-ckmom97
L-LM3K
L-DB
Icon-DB

F. Soccer (Choose 2 letters)~FULL
S-ckmom97
O-DB
C-MT2P
C-ckmom97
E-DB
R-MT2P

G. The Beach (Choose 2 letters)~FULL
T-LM3K
H-MM2000
E-M2MRB
B-DB
E-LM3K
A-MM2000
C-M2MRB
H-DB

H. Happy Birthday (each swapper chooses 3 letters)~FULL
H-LM3K
A-wdwmickey
P-mommy2mrb
P-MazdaUK
Y-LM3K
B-wdwmickey
I-mommy2mrb
R-MazdaUK
T-DB
H-LM3K
D-wdwmickey
A-mommy2mrb
Y-MazdaUK
Icon-DB

I. Camping (each swapper chooses 2 letters)~FULL
C-DB
A-mybestieismickey
M-ckmom97
P-DB
I-MM20001
N-ckmom97
G-mybestieismickey
Icon-MM2000

J. Dance~FULL
D-ckmom97
A-mommy2mrb
N-MM2000
C-JJ&JHsmom
E-MT2P

L. On Stage~FULL
O-DIT
N-ckmom97
S-wdwmickey
T-MazdaUK
A-J&JHsmom
G-MT2P
E-ArizonaRita

N. Pool~FULL
P-DB
O-MazdaUK
O-MM2000
L-M2MRB

Q. Zoo~FULL
Z-LM3K
O-DB
O-MM2000
Icon-ckmom97

R. Aquarium (choose 2 letters)~FULL
A-DIT
Q-DB
U-mommy2mrb
A-MM2000
R-DIT
I-DB
U-MM2000
M-mommy2mrb

T. Softball (Choose 2 letters)~FULL
S-ckmom97
O-LM3K
F-mybestieismickey
T-MM2000
B-ckmom97
A-LM3K
L-mybestieismickey
L-MM2000

U. Volleyball (Choose 3 letters)
V-ckmom97
O-mybestieismickey
L-MT2P
L-MT2P
E-ckmom97
Y-mybestieismickey
B-MT2P
A-ckmom97
L-mybestieismickey
L-MT2P

Y. Music~FULL
M-DIT
U-ckmom97
S-wdwmickey
I-mommy2mrb
C-MazdaUK
Icon-MM2000
Icon-MT2P

Z. Theatre (Choose 2 letters)~FULL
T-DIT
H-ckmom97
E-wdwmickey
A-MazdaUK
T-ckmom97
R-wdwmickey
E-MazdaUK
Icon-DIT

A1. Ballet (Choose 2 letters)~FULL
B-ckmom97
A-MM2000
L-mommy2mrb
L-ckmom97
E-MM2000
T-mommy2mrb

B1. Tap~FULL
T-ckmom97
A-J&JHsmom
P-MM2000

C1. Jazz
J-ckmom97
A-J&JHsmom
Z-MM2000
Z-JJ&JHsmom

Mini Kit Groups (Title and 2 elements)~Please list your title
2a-Performance (In General-can be dance, drama, or music)~MAKE 4
1. ckmom97-"Show Time"
2. wdwmickey-"Bravo"
3. mommy2mrb-"Got To Sing"
4. JJ&JHsmom-"A Star is Born"

3a-Play (In general-playing outside, playground, exploring, etc)~MAKE 2
1. DB-"The Playground"
2. ckmom97-"Explore" or "Discover"

4a-Water (Beach or Pool themed)~MAKE 2
1. DB-"Fun in the Sun"
2. M2MRB-"Seashore"

5a-Dance (different kinds of dance-list your choice)~MAKE 2
1. ckmom97-
2. mommy2mrb-"The Ballerina"

6a-Sports (in general, no specific sport)~MAKE 3
1. DB-"Game On"
2. mybestieismickey-"Good Sport"
3. ckmom97-"All Star"

Swappers and Groups:
DisneyBarlans-2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,16,18,B,C,F,G,H,I,N,Q,R,3a,4a,6a:woohoo:
ckmom97-2,3,4,5,6,7,12,14,B,C,F,I,J,L,Q,T,U,Y,Z,A1,B1,C1,2a,3a,5a,6a:woohoo:
LM3K-3,4,8,9,10,16,18,22,C,G,H,Q,T:woohoo:
mybestieismickey-4,5,11,19,22,I,T,U,6a:woohoo:
MT2P-7,14,19,F,J,L,U,Y:woohoo:
momm2mrb-9,10,12,14,G,H,J,N,R,Y,A1,2a,4a,5a:woohoo:
wdwmickey-10,14,H,L,Y,Z,2a:woohoo:
MazdaUK-B,H,L,N,Y,Z:woohoo:
MM2000-G,I,J,N,Q,R,T,Y,A1,B1,C1:woohoo:
JJ&JHsmom-J,L,B1,C1,2a:woohoo:
DIT-L,R,Y,Z:woohoo:
ArizonaRita-L:woohoo:

Check Ins:
February 14th-check groups and PM me your info
March 5th
March 29th-give detailed update-last call for angels
April 25th-Mail by date

You Mailed them :thumbsup2
I have them :cool1:
Postal to you :yay:
You have :woohoo:

Slideshow:

Ooooh! I wasn't going to do this one (as I have a HUGE box of swaps waiting to be used:rolleyes1) but letters are easy to hide....errr..don't take up much room;):rotfl:

I'll be playing too :) I don't have much general/everyday stuff and those are the books I'm working on. I would love letters that spelled "on stage". Let me think about pages and what type of "kit", I'll let you know later.

ETA: Just noticed that during sign-ups I'll be in NYC with Sarah. Could someone "buddy" me please?

Cheryl I can be your buddy!

I'm in for 2" letters! and like the mini kit ideas!

Yea!! I've been waiting for this one. I love the dance/drama groups. I have tons of those pics to scrap. Can we add soccer? My kids don't play anymore, but I'm way behind.

Cheryl, I can be your sign up buddy. I'll be up and the DH and kids will be out of the house by sign up time.

Yea!! I've been waiting for this one. I love the dance/drama groups. I have tons of those pics to scrap. Can we add soccer? My kids don't play anymore, but I'm way behind.

Cheryl, I can be your sign up buddy. I'll be up and the DH and kids will be out of the house by sign up time.

Y'all are so sweet :hug: I'll choose Lisa because she was just a bit quicker ;) Thanks so much!

:woohoo: I get to be the choosen one!

just send me your list when you have it together Cheryl!

went back through the list will want

element groups and the 2" letters for beach, birthday and dance

I'll be playing too :) I don't have much general/everyday stuff and those are the books I'm working on. I would love letters that spelled "on stage". Let me think about pages and what type of "kit", I'll let you know later.

ETA: Just noticed that during sign-ups I'll be in NYC with Sarah. Could someone "buddy" me please?

Yay! Welcome Cheryl!!:yay:

Welcome Lisa! So glad to have you!!:woohoo:

Yay Sheila! Welcome!!:yay: I will definately add soccer!

I will up for a few letters and element groups. I prefer no mini kits. The title plus an element seems to be moving along quickly. Or, I like choosing one element and making that for everyone. Whatever you decide will be fine though!

ETA: Softball sounds great! Not sure anyone will really be up for the wrestling besides me (and I know you did it last year)??

I will up for a few letters and element groups. I prefer no mini kits. The title plus an element seems to be moving along quickly. Or, I like choosing one element and making that for everyone. Whatever you decide will be fine though!

ETA: Softball sounds great! Not sure anyone will really be up for the wrestling besides me (and I know you did it last year)??

Welcome Erin! So glad you're playing!:yay:

I'll add softball and wrestling and see how much interest we get. As far as the mini kits go, I was thinking to leave the element groups like they are, and add a couple of generic mini kit groups that would work for various sports and/or activities. LIke "Performance" for drama/music/dance, or "Sports" that would work for several sports in general. Whatcha think?

How about "compete" or "competition" instead of sports, then it could cover all sorts of things. (Can you guess my boys aren't sporty?:rolleyes1) even messing about on bikes and stuff in the park.

I like performance:thumbsup2 because a lot of DS(18)'s drama things are in the round with no actual stage!

I'm interested in the softball groups -- elements and letters. I'd also join the volleyball letter group. Our school doesn't have a volleyball program, but our youth group at church usually play for a while after Wed night services. My kids love it!

How about "compete" or "competition" instead of sports, then it could cover all sorts of things. (Can you guess my boys aren't sporty?:rolleyes1) even messing about on bikes and stuff in the park.

I like performance:thumbsup2 because a lot of DS(18)'s drama things are in the round with no actual stage!

Great idea Mazda-I'll change "Sports" to "Compete"

Could we add Volleyball to the 2"letters? I realize it will be a gamble to fill, but a girl can dream! Thx!

Sure thing! Thanks for the idea!

I'm interested in the softball groups -- elements and letters. I'd also join the volleyball letter group. Our school doesn't have a volleyball program, but our youth group at church usually play for a while after Wed night services. My kids love it!

Awesome!!:)

I will be in for volleyball and softball, maybe basketball. I would definitely be in for fishing or hunting if there were others who were interested too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter