Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just saw this... I am not sure how to feel. We have a trip planned the week of July 27th... So many questions about all this. We are FlexPass Holders (with MaxPass) so we would need to make a reservation regardless, but how will all this work.

Because I'm confused - you were able to see Oct 1st reservations for DLH today? But nothing before that? I booked for August last week, so I'm stuck in limbo right now. I had the Grand in my cart to switch when they turned off the ability to book.

This is correct. When looking for all three hotels it would show a price for GCH & PP and “unavailable” for DLH. When you actually clicked on a hotel to move on to book it you got the message that reservations were currently unavailable...

Ok I just got through. Not surprisingly they don't have any information on the DLH, nor are they able to move anything for me as their systems are completely down too. He told me to call back tomorrow and hopefully they would have information on the opening of DLH or assist me in moving my reservation to one of the two open hotels. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but he didn't say an Aug stay there was definitely a no go, so I guess it's what I have to take for now.

This is correct. When looking for all three hotels it would show a price for GCH & PP and “unavailable” for DLH. When you actually clicked on a hotel to move on to book it you got the message that reservations were currently unavailable...
I wonder if they were taking them down one by one. I was able to get the Grand into my cart to check out before it timed out. Then when I went back all showed as unavailable to book.

I wonder if they were taking them down one by one. I was able to get the Grand into my cart to check out before it timed out. Then when I went back all showed as unavailable to book.

WDW has closed all new resort reservations for now so not surprised DLR would do the same,

I absolutely did not see the park reopening BEFORE the hotels seeing as WDW DVC resorts are opening several weeks before WDW even opens.

I just changed my Harbor hotel reservation for 7/16-7/19 to aim for rope drop on Friday 7/17. Obviously dependent on whether a) I'll get a park reservation and b) whether I'm confident in the risk mitigation processes.

But yay good news! That deleted tweet was real!

DVC resorts as timeshares legaly have to open. They couln't delay their opening anymore.

Hey all,

I’m just here to offer some words of support after watching the WDW boards blow up when they had their announcement. Here is how it went:
WDW froze everythjng. Calling them will do no good today.

they will then slowly send emails and contact people effected immediately by the news and then move slowly week by week.

if you are dead set on going in July and need tickets you need to seek them from a 3rd party like get away today.

however know that no one knows yet how the park reservations are going to work.

WDW suspended fastpass plus and dinning reservations. Have no idea with Disneyland will do that same but keep that in mind when considering tickets with maxpass.

Friday 7/17 yeehaw, we may try for park spot, just kind of feel like being there for the "re-opening" since we were scared/cautious to go for the last day a few months back.

We have a trip booked for GCH for July 19th-24th. Bummer that they’ve decided to push the opening of the hotels as that means we won’t be going now as that was really the last week we could go before school starts. Now that the local school district has said there will be no fall break this year it looks like we’ll also just look towards maybe a May 2021 trip.

I own at DVC and am trying to figure out the rationale behind that since AUL and VGC remain closed without legal issues.
Hotels in California (with limited exceptions) can’t reopen until Friday at the earliest.

I had given up on any news today until I saw Casey's (of DisneylandDaily) post on FB 15 minutes after she posted. I have been busy busy busy canceling reservations and making new ones in July on booking dot com so I have options for when I'm able to get a park reservation! Just me, since I'm the only one in my family with an AP, and since I wouldn't pay for kids' tickets to have them wear masks all day in July or August... But I am super excited to finally have some news!

Response I got from Get Away Today regarding pre-purchased tickets

Hi Lindy,

Disneyland will have a new dated reservation's system (at this time no one's tickets are entered in as of yet). Disney just released this information a few minutes ago (See Get Away Today's facebook page for additional information). They still haven't stated their procedure in how guests' tickets will be entered in - but they've stated they will soon. They have said they are shutting down their ticket system for any additional ticket bookings - so it's good you booked yours when you did.
We'll keep you updated as soon as we know more.

Thank you,

A friend of mine was still able to get tickets through Get Away Today- for whatever reason they haven't had their ticket sales paused yet. Just FYI for anyone that was wanting one!

The July 23 date does include vgc.

so only dvc still closed will be hawaii and they are being very strict on things.

I have a 5 day max pass ticket I got from GAT back in October. Was supposed to use June 1. I'd imagine everyone is going to be up very early the morning they open reservations, trying to get that golden spot. Talk about a nightmare. Squeezing a whole summer's worth of guests into the last 4 weeks...with limited capacity.

Looks like I'll be using that "peace of mind" option and selling them back. Really wanted to take the kids to see Star Wars Land finally. Or just anywhere. I hate this year. The whole freaking thing.

I can't believe they're reopening so soon! Without the nighttime entertainment, we'll probably wait until later when that starts back up. Still super exciting though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter