Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotels in California (with limited exceptions) can’t reopen until Friday at the earliest.
We stayed in a Holiday Inn in Hollywood first weekend in May and had absolutely no problem booking it. In fact, the entire hotel actually only had four occupied rooms.

We’re booked at the DLH 8/15-20 through Costco but with flex passes. I’m wondering how my phone call with Costco travel will go tomorrow. Fingers crossed they can make space for us somewhere. Part of me wants to rebook for later in winter but part of me wants to be there so badly. These last few months have been a struggle, it would be nice to have some magic. My plane tickets are changeable at least.

Ugh. The ticket thing scares me. We rented DVC points to stay at VGC and, of course, didn't buy the cancel insurance 😭 So if we don't go, we're out a LOT of money. For tickets, we have vouchers from LMTC with our dates on them, that we were to turn in at the gates or at the hotel desk for the actual tickets. Now I'm worried we're going to be stuck deciding if we go and stay at the resort for a week without being able to go to the parks, or stay home and be out the money for VGC. I really, really hope our LMTC tickets count as already purchased and we're able to go.

Honestly, I think they'd be really silly not to guarantee on-site guests entry. If you don't, I'd imagine a lot of people won't go.

I feel for the CMs — they’re not happy about going back this soon, some are feeling like they have to quit to protect their families.

Ugh. The ticket thing scares me. We rented DVC points to stay at VGC and, of course, didn't buy the cancel insurance 😭 So if we don't go, we're out a LOT of money. For tickets, we have vouchers from LMTC with our dates on them, that we were to turn in at the gates or at the hotel desk for the actual tickets. Now I'm worried we're going to be stuck deciding if we go and stay at the resort for a week without being able to go to the parks, or stay home and be out the money for VGC. I really, really hope our LMTC tickets count as already purchased and we're able to go.

Honestly, I think they'd be really silly not to guarantee on-site guests entry. If you don't, I'd imagine a lot of people won't go.

What dates are you going? How big of a unit did you get?

I find the comments on each coast interesting. WDW got slammed (and still is) on their forums for opening so late on July 11 and 15 (universal orlando already open) and so I find it interesting on here that end of July is seemed as "too soon".

Intersting how different areas of the country view things. Not saying one is right or wrong but find it interesting.

I’m going to hold my tongue a bit here, but the differences between the WDW crowd and the DL crowd when responding to things on DISboards is night and day.

it’s like a whole other magnitude of....intensity :rolleyes1 :furious::disrocks:

ETA: I guess that’s what happens when you have to plan rides 6 months in advance, which is nuts. I’ve planned entire weddings and 2 week international trips in half that amount of time 😂

Last edited:
FWIW, when I was on the phone with them earlier this afternoon, a message came through that said emails would be going out to anybody booked at the DLH prior to 9/30 with options of rebooking.

I was able to get mine moved to the Grand this evening even though the email hasn't come through.
I guess I'm calling first thing in the morning to re-book a 3rd time.... i still see rooms available at the grand but no club level rooms at all.... i had club level for the 1st time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts