Surprise solo trip Help!!!!!

I had planned a trip with my friend and her daughter but she just backed out. If I cancel I loose my money (I rented points) but I'm nervous about doing a solo trip. It's a short trip Sep 22-26 staying at Animal kingdom villas. Need a little bit of encouragement. How do I plan ? Thanks in advance :)

I had planned a trip with my friend and her daughter but she just backed out. If I cancel I loose my money (I rented points) but I'm nervous about doing a solo trip. It's a short trip Sep 22-26 staying at Animal kingdom villas. Need a little bit of encouragement. How do I plan ? Thanks in advance :)

I go alone several times a year. Don't plan. Take this opportunity to "fly by the seat of your pants" I absolutely love going alone - eat when I want - ride what I want - sit and people watch - long chats with CM's. I could roam around WDW along for days! Meet lots of new people. You will be amazed how much you will love doing WDW when you only have to worry about yourself - not worry about making others happy! It's the best way to go!

I love solo trips! Is there anything you've always wanted to do, but didn't want to burden others with? Maybe a tour, or spending lots of time exploring all the little areas in World Showcase?

Do it! Do it! Just as the PPs have said, it's so nice to only have to worry about pleasing yourself. Want to hit the parks full speed from RD to close? Want to sleep in and spend the afternoon at the pool? Ride Small World over and over? Popcorn and a Mickey Bar for dinner? It's all up to you.

If you have one or more TS restaurants you've wanted to try, I would see about ADRs, and if you want to do some of the more popular rides (TSM, Soarin', 7DMT) try to get FP+ for them, but you probably don't have to knock yourself out with planning.

Don't be shy about meeting characters or dining solo. If you're uneasy about safety/security, read the other recent thread here about "Question for Female Solo Travelers":

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3305722

I am not the most adventurous person, and I was nervous before doing my first solo trip in 2012. But I loved it so much, I've made it an annual thing and am now impatiently waiting for 2015 rates and seasons to be released on Wednesday so I can start making concrete plans for 2015.

DO IT! :cool1:

I have never gone solo! Maybe one day, but I also say do it!! I agree with PP about trying what you want to try.

I hope you will do a trip report and maybe a pre trip report. I would love to see what all you decide to do or not do!

NO BRAINER.... GO. My last solo trip I stayed at Animal Kingdom. Loved watching animals from my balcony and hanging out at the hotel. Loved just spending hours floating around the lazy river at Blizzard Beach, eating at some restaurants, going to the movies, hotel hopping. You will see a lot of people walking alone. I bring a book to read at meals. I even spent a few hours getting a mani/ pedi at the Coronado. I was her only guest all day so we spent time talking and being pampered. Have fun :)

I am going solo to the Poly September 2nd for 4 nights…got an amazing rate $212 including tax and two free water parks. Never done it before but I am really looking forward to it. Have planned my days on MDE, FP+s, ADR….
Counting the days. 37! Go for it!

Go, go, go. The only problem with solo trips is that you may enjoy it so much that you never want to go with anyone again ;) You don't need to plan too much and it is seriously relaxing doing what you want, when you want and how you want at the pace you want.

I would also say GO!

I have my first solo trip planned in about 3 weeks and I am so excited about it!
I plan to do things that the rest of my family wouldn't really want to do.

Day 1, DTD dinner wherever I want, characters in flight if the weather allows, and maybe a movie. Bc I never see movies at home.
Day 2, breakfast at Kona, then to Typhoon Lagoon. we usually go during the winter and I haven't done a Disney water park in about 20 years so I'm really excited! I also might use the evening to resort hop since I'm staying at AS Music and will be close to AS Sports and AS Movies.
Day 3, 4 parks - 1 day. start off at AK with EMH (we usually skip AK), hop to MK where I've got FP's for midday and want to do BOG for lunch, over to Epcot to roam around WS where I'll eat, drink, and be merry. I also want to wonder through all the stores that my two little bulls (Ages 4 and 1) don't normally let me go through). Then it's over to HS for Frozen fireworks and Aerosmith.
Day 4, home to the munchkins and my DH.

It's going to be pretty awesome and I'm not going to let guilt get to me since we have family trips planned for Nov and Feb.

Animal Kingdom Villas is the BEST place for a short, solo trip in September. I've done it several times. It's kind of hot in the parks, and AKV has so many great activities. Last year, I did a no-parks trip at AKV. One activity not to miss is the jewelry-making. Great way to get your own "custom-made" souvenier.

Solo trips are the best! I've done a bunch of them!! Most of them coming before the change in FP, but I tend not to plan too much!

I'll pencil in a park for each day after checking crowd calanders/park hours, a lot of the time I'll do EMH and then hop somewhere else (making fp+'s for the second or third park)

The best thing about going solo is that you can do literally whatever you want! Spend 8am to 1am in the parks? Do it, spend half the day by the pool bar, done and done! You get to go at your own pace, no other people having to stop for snacks or bathroom breaks, no having to go on rides you don't really like, it's great! :thumbsup2

Thank you all I am starting to feel better about the possibility of a solo trip. I'm glad I have all of you for support thanks :)

I'm going solo in two weeks and can't wait!! I planned a little but am excited to be spontaneous!! : ))

Another vote for Definitely Do It!! The freedom that a solo trip brings to a vacation is so amazing!! I usually do some planning like what parks on what days & make FPs in advance but still play things by ear. If I don't get to a ride for the FP time, oh well. :cool1: And if I feel like hopping to another park on a whim, then off I go. Have fun on your trip! AK Villas sounds like an amazing place to stay for a solo trip. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!