SURPRISE!!!!

Sarah Marie

Its a SHABBBY Life
We have been planning a trip for three years now. We were supposed to go last November. Some conflicts with the coparent has forced us to move the trip.
Anyways. Our girls have NO CLUE we are going.

I have typed up a scavenger hunt. Which will get the girls to pack their backpacks (my MIL made them):
We will wake them up at like 4am and be like OMG!! Look someone came into the house and left this for you!!!
The note will read "Hi-Ya friends (Get it like mickey says) Boy oh Boy (see again!) I have a surprise for you!!! But to find it you must go on a little hunt! The first Clue is in a bag made just for you by Grandma.

Next note: So you found item number one. Just what you need to take with you on an adventure! Your next clue can be found in the drawer you keep your coloring stuff in! (Brand new crayons and markers)

Next note: Hurray you found clue number two! A special new item can be found where the video games are kept. (This will be coloring books and sticker books)

Next Note: Hot diggity Dog youre on a roll! The next item is a special lunch box just for you! Now pack your bags and get ready to go, your final clue is with Grandma. (the lunch boxes will have their snacks for the plane ride)

We will have already told the girls we have to pick grandma up at the airport. So we are going to park our car and head to the airport where she will be with their brother and shirts that say Disney bound.

How did you tell your kids you were going?

Wow! That's pretty cool.
We can't spring surprises on DS, he has ASD, and big surprises make him very anxious and upset. Especially a surprise that is going to affect his routine etc.
So, we talk to him, and get him to help choose restaurants and rides. This makes him understand what will happen, and gets him excited. We made count down paper chains, watch ride videos, and are working on a trip journal we are going to take with us to fill in.
It's not the surprise route, but it's still fun!

Wow! That's pretty cool.
We can't spring surprises on DS, he has ASD, and big surprises make him very anxious and upset. Especially a surprise that is going to affect his routine etc.
So, we talk to him, and get him to help choose restaurants and rides. This makes him understand what will happen, and gets him excited. We made count down paper chains, watch ride videos, and are working on a trip journal we are going to take with us to fill in.
It's not the surprise route, but it's still fun!
If the girls had ADHD like my 15year old stepson has we would tell them and let them help with planning our days. He is going on a solo trip with the grandparents (He doesnt want to do the kiddie girly things) so hes been able to help plan.

Fun!!! I made a book for my girls that told the surprise! We were at the airport bc they thought we were going on a "boring work trip with daddy". I had my 6 year old read the book to my 5 year old....it was about them going on the work trip and then finding out mommy and daddy tricked them and instead they were going to Disney World! They loved it :)

So much fun! What a great idea!

Last year for Spring Break, we surprised my DD. My Dad lives in South Florida, so we said that we were going to visit him. We met up with my family at T-Rex for lunch. We then surprised my daughter with an Elsa Build-a-Bear that had a message recorded us, saying that we were headed to Disney World "today."

So much fun! What a great idea!

Last year for Spring Break, we surprised my DD. My Dad lives in South Florida, so we said that we were going to visit him. We met up with my family at T-Rex for lunch. We then surprised my daughter with an Elsa Build-a-Bear that had a message recorded us, saying that we were headed to Disney World "today."
so cute!

Fun!!! I made a book for my girls that told the surprise! We were at the airport bc they thought we were going on a "boring work trip with daddy". I had my 6 year old read the book to my 5 year old....it was about them going on the work trip and then finding out mommy and daddy tricked them and instead they were going to Disney World! They loved it :)
Thats super cute!!! That would have been good but my girls cant read yet :-/

These are adorable!! The planning and countdown are really part of the excitement to DS, so we've always let him in on it, but I love reading such creative ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!