SURVIVOR 35 • Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers - "Come on in, guys!"

@xjillianpaige How is ethan these days? I haven't heard anything about him in a while. Last I heard his cancer came back but then i think he was in remission again, and not sure what happened after that.

Ethan now lives in New York (I'm fairly certain it's NY) with his wife - his family still lives nearby but my grandmother has dementia and her social circle has shrunk so we don't really see the Zohns anymore (his mom and my grandmother knit together and his older brother was good friends with my uncle - who now lives in FL - as kids). His cancer did come back, but he received a stem cell transplant from his brother and has been in remission ever since.

• What is your name (or preferred alias)?
  • Ok in honor of my screen name going with what Obama called him - Little Ball of Hate - or LBH for short
  • What season did you first start watching?
  • Season 1 - never turned back - never stopped watching
  • What is your favorite season?
  • Season 1 - it got me hooked
  • Who is your favorite player?
  • This is tougher - Boston Rob - Rudy - Rupert - really hard to choose one.
  • Do you think you could survive Survivor?
  • Maybe 20 years ago but now I wouldn't even want to audition, that would be too tough. I'll sit on my couch with my Chardonnay and quitely scream when someone makes a stupid move - kinda like with BB:rotfl2::drinking1 - we need a wine emoji!!

Ok I am starting with: How is an Actuary a Hero? Some how number cruncher used to being praised?

Okay and a Probation Officer is a Healer? Nope he is a monitor for criminals to keep them in line - put him with Heroes.

Ok I am starting with: How is an Actuary a Hero? Some how number cruncher used to being praised?

Okay and a Probation Officer is a Healer? Nope he is a monitor for criminals to keep them in line - put him with Heroes.

Maybe because Actuarys make a ridiculous amount of money. On the lists I see of best-paying jobs, Actuary is always on there. I guess it's praise in monetary form?

I'd probably have put probation officer in Hustler, actually. Healer for me is very lovey-dovey peace. Maybe he's a probation officer for kiddos in the system and is actually very healer-y?

• What is your name (or preferred alias)? lovin'fl
  • What season did you first start watching? Early on, the beginning but skipped some in the middle and recently binge watched them
  • What is your favorite season? I don't remember things very well but I liked the black widows season (Micronesia???poor Erik), I think I liked the one Cochran won (Caramoan???), I liked the early one that Colby was 2nd, I really liked one of the recent ones but can't remember which (one with a bunch of great TC craziness)
  • Who is your favorite player? Wow, some I love one one season but not another (Boston Rob,Sandra, Amanda, Spencer Bledsoe, Cirie). Some I love for hunkiness (Colby, Malcolm, Joe Anglin). Some I love for great strategic gameplay (Aubry, Adam, Cochran, Boston Rob, Spencer Bledsoe, Cirie). Some I like for being comp beasts (Ozzy, Joe Anglin, Stephanie, early Colby).
  • Do you think you could survive Survivor? Nope, not at all. Biggest thing I couldn't handle is the critters.

Last edited:

My DH is an actuary. Huh, they have an actuary in the hero tribe? Odd.

Maybe because Actuarys make a ridiculous amount of money. On the lists I see of best-paying jobs, Actuary is always on there. I guess it's praise in monetary form?

I'd probably have put probation officer in Hustler, actually. Healer for me is very lovey-dovey peace. Maybe he's a probation officer for kiddos in the system and is actually very healer-y?

Actuary - I would buy monetary praise but the others are the usual type Heroes - FF, Marine etc.... so Actuary I wouldn't put with that category - just me maybe:confused3

PO for kids makes that person more of a Hero. All the PO's I know are really not lovey-dovey peace. :daisy::daisy:

I go by Kim
Been watching since Season 1 (and every one since).
My favorite seasons were the first 2 (my least favorite is the one where the Used Car Salesman won. I can't remember his name. Was it in Thailand?)
I would like to think I could handle being on the show but probably not. However, I would go on the show and be fine with being the first voted out!

[​
What is your name (or preferred alias)?
Diane

What season did you first start watching?
Season 2

What is your favorite season?
Don't really have a favorite.

Who is your favorite player?
Boston Rob

Do you think you could survive Survivor?
Nope never

Can I ask what might be a dumb question?

Has ANYONE here every truly cared about the "theme" of a season? I don't mean the twists of the game....I just mean the theme they use from the beginning to determine teams, etc.

I've just never cared. Halfway through each season there's a merge anyway, and more often then not the teams are switched up before the merge even happens, so whatever theme they use for teams usually lasts 4-5 weeks, max.

I just think the game is good enough as it is. I don't mind smart twists, but trying to force people into categories just for the sake of a theme seems pointless and unnecessary to me.

And I get it....they need to put out SOMETHING different to hype each season. Back when they were switching locales each season(man, I miss those days), the locale change was enough. But now that they're stationary, they have to use something else to promote.

I just hate how forced the themed groups feel.

Am I alone in thinking this way?

Last edited:

Has ANYONE here every truly cared about the "theme" of a season? I don't mean the twists of the game....I just mean the theme they use from the beginning to determine teams, etc.

I've just never cared. Halfway through each season there's a merge anyway, and more often then not the teams are switched up before the merge even happens, so whatever theme they use for teams usually lasts 4-5 weeks, max.

I just think the game is good enough as it is. I don't mind smart twists, but trying to force people into categories just for the sake of a theme seems pointless and unnecessary to me.

And I get it....they need to put out SOMETHING different to hype each season. Back when they were switching locales each season(man, I miss those days), the locale change was enough. But now that they're stationary, they have to use something else to promote.

I wouldn't say I "care" about the season's theme however some of them make the game more interesting. The Blood Vs Water theme comes to mind. Wasn't that the season where family members played? It was interesting to see how the dynamics played out between the family members as well as the attitudes others had to one family member that was based on their feelings of the other family member.

On another note, I always find it interesting when people lie about their profession to hide their game play or to hide the reaction they assume others will have if they knew their true identity.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about Blood/Water, because those "roles" weren't slapped on the contestants. The family roles were built in.

And I loved that season, by the way.

I'm talking more the "Brains/brawn/beauty", "blue collar/white collar/no collar", and the current season, where CBS has decided those roles. I'm just not sure it made any difference at all in how those seasons played out.

Is anyone interested in doing the fantasy league at tribal-council.com again this season?

I am! I had fun playing :-)

Where have I been??? I hadn't realized they weren't switching up locales!

But, I agree, the themes never to seem to matter in the end.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about Blood/Water, because those "roles" weren't slapped on the contestants. The family roles were built in.

And I loved that season, by the way.

I'm talking more the "Brains/brawn/beauty", "blue collar/white collar/no collar", and the current season, where CBS has decided those roles. I'm just not sure it made any difference at all in how those seasons played out.

I think those seasons are producers trying to create some type of psychological experiment that never really works as people cannot be typed by such superficial classifications. Epic fail....but I still love the show!!!!

And they use the same Ponderosa.

I don't mind the themes. They really are irrelevant but is a way to divide up tribes at start.

Here are mine.
  • What is your name (or preferred alias)? PC
  • What season did you first start watching? Very first one
  • What is your favorite season? Vanuatu. Just because the way Chris won being the last man
  • Who is your favorite player? don't have just one but do like Tyson, Penner, Sandra
  • Do you think you could survive Survivor? I think so. Of course I wouldn't be there that long before I was voted out. Stupid and whinny people irritate me and it would not be long before I said something I shouldn't

Last edited:

I agree! I find the themes kind of a non issue for me. As soon as I start getting to know the players I forget there even is a theme most times! I do really love when they bring back old players though. Those are my favourite seasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter