SURVIVOR 37...and NOW Survivor 38 (no spoilers)

Yes but .. EoE was Survivor's plot device. Chris followed the rules. If he follows the rules and makes it to the final, it wouldn't be cool to then say "sorry even though you followed the rules, you can't win because you didn't play the game."

I agree that Devins was easily the best player. Not even close. I can't understand people posting that he wasn't strategic. Makes no sense.

All he did was find idols (that Production probably intentionally hid in a way that benefited him), while mocking the people whom he was about to vote out in order to make the jury laugh; to him, that is "jury management" -- but it turns Survivor into a big joke.

All he did was find idols (that Production probably intentionally hid in a way that benefited him), while mocking the people whom he was about to vote out in order to make the jury laugh; to him, that is "jury management" -- but it turns Survivor into a big joke.

Devins was mocked by others, primarily Ron and Julie when they both participated in making a fake idol for him to find. And Lauren was laughing her butt off. So I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for either one of them!

And Devins did a lot more than find idols. He won the most immunity challenges. And he won his way back from EoE. If you don't like him, that's okay. But don't misstate his achievements.

Devins was mocked by others, primarily Ron and Julie when they both participated in making a fake idol for him to find. And Lauren was laughing her butt off. So I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for either one of them!

And Devins did a lot more than find idols. He won the most immunity challenges. And he won his way back from EoE. If you don't like him, that's okay. But don't misstate his achievements.

If Devens had stuck to winning immunity and playing his idols at strategic times, then I would have been satisfied if he'd gone on to win.

The fact that he chose to constantly pander to the jury with such blatant showboating ruined any credibility he had, with me. It convinced me that he was simply playing to the camera the whole time. It's also a wee bit suspicious that he always seemed to magically find Hidden Immunity Idols at "just the right time."

If Devens had stuck to winning immunity and playing his idols at strategic times, then I would have been satisfied if he'd gone on to win.

The fact that he chose to constantly pander to the jury with such blatant showboating ruined any credibility he had, with me. It convinced me that he was simply playing to the camera the whole time. It's also a wee bit suspicious that he always seemed to magically find Hidden Immunity Idols at "just the right time."

To me he was letting the jury know that he was the one responsible for whatever happened, good jury move. He's not the first to find a lot of idols but when you are constantly looking and they continually hide them in similar locations it only stands to reason that you would find lots of idols.

The alliance that feel they are in control never seem to worry about finding idols until it is too late.

If an idol is used in TC then everyone knows it will be back in hiding that night. And Devins would look. Nobody else really did. You bet I would be looking. Even when they knew he was looking, they barely followed him.

I usually watch on Saturdays with my family, so I generally don't post on this thread since by the time I see the show, it's all been hashed out and I'm probably just repeating other posters now, but I need to say...

Just watched the fire making challenge, and I'm out. So is my son, but my daughter and husband are still watching. I have watched every episode of every season, and this is the first time I haven't finished watching a season. And it's not like an angry thing, I've watched plenty of seasons that I haven't loved and/or haven't liked or rooted for the winner, but with this one and the way it was done, I just have no interest.

I don't believe Jeff when he says that they wanted to have EOE to further explore stretching people to their limits, yada yada yada. They had it in place so in case the returning players were voted off early, they'd still get screen time. I didn't like it and I think it negates the whole Outlast, Outwit, Outplay thing (in general, I prefer an all new or an all returning cast, mixes aren't my faves). So I'd rather they not do it at all, but even if they were going to do it, they needed to end it much earlier. It makes no sense to me to have someone come back from the Edge in the finale and win (my daughter told me!). Any person that came back from the EOE would have a huge advantage. They'd have all that time to make amends for any betrayals and build relationships (without the stress and paranoia of the game) with people on the jury. Plus they come back to the game with lots of intel. Lame. Hope next season is better!

If anyone is still reading, I have a question.

So on EOE (which I did not like, btw), Aubry found a clue in one episode that gave her the advantage to practice at a competition she would be in at some point. Does anyone else remember this?? I never saw her practice. Nor did I see the competition! It was so strange!!! Did I miss something???? Was I dreaming? I also could have sworn it was a ring toss thing with a rope on it like you would hook something with the ring and pull it. ??????

Also, I don't even know if I will watch next season. The whole "mentor" thing looks incredibly stupid. I love Survivor. I have watched every season. Nothing in that preview looked interesting/appealing, and if anything, it looked stupid. Don't bring back old players. We are so tired of them!!!!

If anyone is still reading, I have a question.

So on EOE (which I did not like, btw), Aubry found a clue in one episode that gave her the advantage to practice at a competition she would be in at some point. Does anyone else remember this?? I never saw her practice. Nor did I see the competition! It was so strange!!! Did I miss something???? Was I dreaming? I also could have sworn it was a ring toss thing with a rope on it like you would hook something with the ring and pull it. ??????

Also, I don't even know if I will watch next season. The whole "mentor" thing looks incredibly stupid. I love Survivor. I have watched every season. Nothing in that preview looked interesting/appealing, and if anything, it looked stupid. Don't bring back old players. We are so tired of them!!!!

My recollection is that it was knots to untie. I tend to have fuzzy memories with these details, but my daughter who has weird Survivor memory skills, says it was knots for that final challenge that Chris won. I thought it was for the first one that Devens won, but she says no, but weird that they wouldn't have shown her practicing more? So not sure if that's correct or not!

My recollection is that it was knots to untie. I tend to have fuzzy memories with these details, but my daughter who has weird Survivor memory skills, says it was knots for that final challenge that Chris won. I thought it was for the first one that Devens won, but she says no, but weird that they wouldn't have shown her practicing more? So not sure if that's correct or not!

That sounds entirely plausible. Maybe they didn't show her practicing more because she did not end up winning. We got to see Chris read his letter instead. Ugh. Not happy that a guy who spent most of the game on EOE won.

Who else is excited that BOSTON ROB will be back next season???!!!! I was so hoping he hadn't "retired" from reality tv. I know many people don't like him, I was someone who DESPISED him in his 1st season, and the ALL-STAR season where he and Amber became a thing. It wasn't until Amber and Rob played the Amazing Race that I realized what an incredible strategist he is. I watched every episode of The Amazing Race from Season 1, episode 1. Nobody before them had ever played the game like they had. It was hysterical to see him convince other teams to take penalties.

Think what you want of Rob, but I for one am super excited for next season of Survivor.

Who else is excited that BOSTON ROB will be back next season???!!!! I was so hoping he hadn't "retired" from reality tv. I know many people don't like him, I was someone who DESPISED him in his 1st season, and the ALL-STAR season where he and Amber became a thing. It wasn't until Amber and Rob played the Amazing Race that I realized what an incredible strategist he is. I watched every episode of The Amazing Race from Season 1, episode 1. Nobody before them had ever played the game like they had. It was hysterical to see him convince other teams to take penalties.

Think what you want of Rob, but I for one am super excited for next season of Survivor.

Hadn't realized they announced next season. I love Boston Rob, but can't believe he's back again.

Edit - just found the info - not sure what I think about Island of Idols idea, but it can't be anyworse than edge of extinction and at least the old players aren't competing to win.

Just saw the season 40 cast. My all time fave Parvati is back! Got my seasons 34 and 35 DVDs in the mail today!

Just saw the season 40 cast. My all time fave Parvati is back! Got my seasons 34 and 35 DVDs in the mail today!

So the All Star season is a definite? Gotta go check that list! (I really liked Parvati too. A very deserving winner.)

Season 40 cast to air in early 2020:
Adam Klein
Ben Driebergen
Ethan Zohn
Jeremy Collins
Nick Wilson
Rob Mariano
Tony Vlachos
Tyson Apostol
Wendell Holland
Yuk Kwon

Amber Mariano
Danni Boatwright
Denise Stapley
Kim Spradlin
Michele Fitzgerald
Natalie Anderson
Parvati Shallow
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Sarah Lacina
Sophie Clarke

No way people let Amber and Rob make it past merge.

I know most of those names, only had to look up a couple. I'm all for an all stars season - I just don't like them mixing new and old players.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter