Sushi in the parks

firefly_ris

DIS Veteran
Where in your opinion has the best Sushi? I'm looking preferably for a place in the parks, but if the consensus is overwhelming I'd be willing to venture to DS one evening for Morimoto too.

I haven't been to any of them so just looking for opinions ... right now I have an ADR for Tokyo Dining, but am generally clueless on where is good. I'm more adventurous, whereas my children stick with things like California Rolls or Spicy Tuna. So a little variety would be nice but not a deal breaker.

Your thoughts?

Honestly, not a ton in the parks themselves. Tokyo Dining is really the one and is pretty good

Other options:
- Morimotos as you said
- Splitsville (I know, wouldn't think a blowing alley, but pretty good there)
- California Grill
- Kona Island
- Kimonos at the Swan

Well, Katsura Grill and Kabuki Café have some basic ready-to-go sushi as well in Epcot.
For a freshly made (made to order sushi), then Tokyo Dining (or Teppan Edo - you can order sushi, it comes from the Tokyo Dining sushi makers).

Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom has one roll.

Outside the parks
Kimonos
Cali Grill
Morimoto's
Splitsville
Kona Cafe

Tokyo Dining and the QS in Japan are really the only places you can get sushi in a park. If you were planning on eating sushi on an EP evening, you may want to take the time to go over to the Swan and eat at Kimono's (you can get to the Swan by exiting EP via the IG entrance/exit between France and UK). They don't take reservations, so you may want to go on the early side of their dinner opening time. IMHO, they have the best sushi on property and the biggest, freshest selection. I was not a fan of Morimoto's.

Tokyo Dining and the QS in Japan are really the only places you can get sushi in a park. If you were planning on eating sushi on an EP evening, you may want to take the time to go over to the Swan and eat at Kimono's (you can get to the Swan by exiting EP via the IG entrance/exit between France and UK). They don't take reservations, so you may want to go on the early side of their dinner opening time. IMHO, they have the best sushi on property and the biggest, freshest selection. I was not a fan of Morimoto's.

I second this! I'd go at 5:00 when they open. The constantly have been rated among the best sushi in Orlando.

When staying at the Swan, I've ordered carry out from there multiple times (my oldest in particular loves sushi, so he's definitely not a cheap date! I'd drop about $80 on that for dinner, and he was a little boy back then, LOL). My youngest would often just get miso soup & a bowl of rice, but I'd get a few things. It was always very fresh & well done. Nothing in the parks compare (I've eaten at Tokyo Dining once; it's just okay but not great to me).

Thanks all. The Swan sounds great, I didn't know about Kimono's. I wish we had done that on our last trip that was just DH and I!

Hmmm. I had asked about in the parks because I will have 3 kids with me (8, 7 and 5) so just for logistics/time sake was hoping to stay inside a park.

We have 2 Epcot days planned I think... so for the moment I will hold on to that Tokyo Dining res and then cancel it if we end up at Kimono's first.

Thanks all!

Kona Island has really fresh sushi, but be warned it is EXPENSIVE. I think it was like 18 bucks for 6 pieces.

Kona Island was meh for me the last time. And the QS place in Japan in Epcot was not great. Loved Cali Grill and Splitsville tho. (I know, bowling alley sushi! Who knew?!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!