SW Non Christmas event night - anything Christmas-y???

Tinkeq

Earning My Ears
So just our luck that we will be there in December on what looks to be a non Christmas show night. Park is listed as closing at 6. Will there be any Christmas-y shows or events during the day or no??

If the park closes that early, my guess the only holiday show would be the sea lions one (6pm would be too early for the other shows)

I was wrong. It actually closes at 7. Does that change anything? Is there still a Christmas vibe around the park though, without the specific Christmas shows?

To my knowledge, it would not (last year the whale show and O Wondrous Night were done later then that). I think they only do those two on the 9/10pm closes

But I think the park still feels Christmas-y even on the earlier closes

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how do you determine if it is a non-Christmas show night? Is that just based on the earlier park close? This just threw a major wrench into my entire trip, because we are going to SW on a 7PM close night, too 445762. Of course all of my WDW park days are planned with FP and ADR's. Ugh. Not much wiggle room!

I was under the impression that Shamu's Christmas Miracles was an every night presentation. I don't recall now what time it was that we saw it two years ago, but it was definitely later than 7PM. I guess that two years ago I just lucked into choosing a day that they were doing the nighttime Christmas shows.

I'm so glad that I saw this post, because I had been blissfully unaware until 5-minutes ago.

If it's the same as last year, the sea lion Christmas show and the sea of trees are done nightly. However, the other shows (Miracles, O Wondrous Night, and I believe the ice skating show) are only done on 9/10pm close

Not much wiggle room!
It’s well worth doing some major wiggling to make it happen :)

One thing I really like about SW’s Xmas offerings is the far more relaxed pace & fact that it’s free. Ok as close to free as you’re going to get lol.

Recommend buying the reserved seating package, makes things even easier.

It’s well worth doing some major wiggling to make it happen :)

One thing I really like about SW’s Xmas offerings is the far more relaxed pace & fact that it’s free. Ok as close to free as you’re going to get lol.

Recommend buying the reserved seating package, makes things even easier.
Luckily I was able to move a few things around and we will be able to visit SW on a late night, yay! I'm going to look into the reserved seating package, thanks for the tip!

Luckily I was able to move a few things around and we will be able to visit SW on a late night, yay! I'm going to look into the reserved seating package, thanks for the tip!

Good deal, b/c I feel SW has the best Christmas offering of all the Orlando parks. You won't be disappointed. It might be quite a run to see all the shows though....I would save One Ocean for last, as navigating the crowds to get out of there and run to the next place is a tough one.

Also last time we went, the late One Ocean show was only about 2/3 full....so if you enjoy getting some water on you, you'll have the opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!