Swan & Dolphin Location???

Simba0319

Mouseketeer
I have 4 free nights at the Swan or Dolphin...At the moment I have the Swan booked..

Can anyone tell me which is closer to the Boardwalk? Which does the Boat launch from?

Thanks
:flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

They are both equally the same distance to the Boardwalk. It takes about 5 minutes walking. The boat dock is in the middle of both resorts.

Joanne
:earsgirl:

Anyway, the first poster hit it right on for your question.

I thought I would add to it. Laundry facilities are only in the Dolphin; so, if this makes a difference keep it in mind. Also, I prefer the restaurants at the Dolphin but you may get a vote split on the middle in that regard. I think for driving out to get around other parts of Disney, the Swan has a slight advantage of being closer to the main boulevard.

You may get moved to the resorts posting forum.

When we bought at the Vistana Villages they gave us 40,000 star points which equals 4 free nights...

Thanks for the info

Actually the Swan is a little closer to the BW, you walk outside the hotel and walk over the bridge and it's right there. You have to walk across a large courtyard area from the Dolphin (which would take just a few minutes). You can't go wrong with either, you'll love it!!

If you're taking a bus to MK, AK or DTD the first pick up is at the Swan and then the Dolphin.

We stayed at the Dolphin over Easter.. It takes maybe 2 minutes to walk to the Swan... Then you are off ot the Boardwalk... We spent tons of time at the Boardwalk..

It was very convenient to have Tubbie's right at the hotel.. Those refillable mugs came in handy! It was nice to take the elevator down!

The walk is slightly closer to the BW from the Swan but IMHO not enough of a difference to base my choice on, the boat launch is in the middle of the two.

I would choose the resort based on amenities. The Swan has slightly larger beds and more upscale restaurants. The Dolphin is great (IMHO) for families as they offer the soda fountain and Tubbies a nice cafeteria style restaurant. The laundry, childcare and arcade are at the Dolphin. Equal distance from the pool area and a short walk to the Fantasia Gardens and MGM from both. Both offer the heavenly beds and you have a better chance (although pretty slim) of getting an epcot view for illuminations from the Dolphin.

I love both resorts but because we have two kids we prefer the Dolphin. On the one trip we did DH and I alone we choose the Swan. IMHO you can't go wrong with either, especially on points.

I would call asap when you know your dates as they don't always have availability on points. This may also affect your decision on where to say if they only have rooms at one or the other.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter