Swan & Dolphin now using MEARS

Lewisc

DIS Veteran
instead of Disney for transportation between Swan Dolphin and parks.

This news was posted in other forums on DIS. I can't find a posting in the transportation forum.

joelkfla

DIS Veteran
That raises the question: Are they dropping off & picking up at Disney bus loading zones, or at charter bus lots? Not much difference at HS & Epcot, but entirely different at AK, DS, and especially MK (or TTC).

And are they running buses to DHS & Epcot while the boats are down?

Lewisc

DIS Veteran
Last edited:
  • DebbieB

DIS Veteran
    A link to discussion in resort board.

Mears bus to all 4 parks. Looks like charter bus stops. Assume MK bus will be use TTC. Assume some guests will walk and use busses from Disney resorts.

Edited to add Confirmed. Bus service to MK uses TTC.

Are they going to the front of Epcot?

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
    I have no firsthand knowledge, but there's no road access to IG, so I would say yeah.
    You're right, I was just thinking that BW, YC, BC don't have any Epcot or DHS service right now. I would like a BW bus to the front of Epcot, it's a long walk if you want to start your day at Spaceship Earth.

Lizard0989

Earning My Ears
    Dolphin reservations claimed still using Disney owned buses. Called guest services and they confirmed Mears and no idea on if permanent or not. Confirmed TTC instead of front entrance MK drop off. No thanks, cancelled reservation for the price they wanted $445/night + $30/day resort fee for a suite without a full kitchen better off at Disney owned.

• DL1WDW2

Mouseketeer
    It seems many are not aware of this big change in WDW transport...
    I would be making changes immediately cause the benefit to staying at Swan or Dolphin has been reduced!
    Mears Transport drop off is not what you signed up for... sorry for this news.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.