Swan & Dolphin now using MEARS

Lewisc

DIS Veteran
instead of Disney for transportation between Swan Dolphin and parks.

This news was posted in other forums on DIS. I can't find a posting in the transportation forum.

That raises the question: Are they dropping off & picking up at Disney bus loading zones, or at charter bus lots? Not much difference at HS & Epcot, but entirely different at AK, DS, and especially MK (or TTC).

And are they running buses to DHS & Epcot while the boats are down?

Last edited:

I have no firsthand knowledge, but there's no road access to IG, so I would say yeah.

You're right, I was just thinking that BW, YC, BC don't have any Epcot or DHS service right now. I would like a BW bus to the front of Epcot, it's a long walk if you want to start your day at Spaceship Earth.

Dolphin reservations claimed still using Disney owned buses. Called guest services and they confirmed Mears and no idea on if permanent or not. Confirmed TTC instead of front entrance MK drop off. No thanks, cancelled reservation for the price they wanted $445/night + $30/day resort fee for a suite without a full kitchen better off at Disney owned.

It seems many are not aware of this big change in WDW transport...
I would be making changes immediately cause the benefit to staying at Swan or Dolphin has been reduced!
Mears Transport drop off is not what you signed up for... sorry for this news.

That raises the question: Are they dropping off & picking up at Disney bus loading zones, or at charter bus lots? Not much difference at HS & Epcot, but entirely different at AK, DS, and especially MK (or TTC).

And are they running buses to DHS & Epcot while the boats are down?
I heard that they will be dropping off in the charter bus lots...

It seems many are not aware of this big change in WDW transport...
I would be making changes immediately cause the benefit to staying at Swan or Dolphin has been reduced!
Mears Transport drop off is not what you signed up for... sorry for this news.

I thought that too. But with the boats back in service (or shortly back in service) I would still choose the Swan and Dolphin. I much prefer entering at the back of Epcot over the front. And you can't beat taking the boat to the Disney Studios.

It does stink to get dropped off at the TTC instead of near the Magic Kingdom. But my family will make it work with a breakfast ADR at either the Poly or Contemporary. Which we love to do anyway.

I really hope this bus situation is not permanent.

...It does stink to get dropped off at the TTC instead of near the Magic Kingdom...
You can take the short walk over to BC or YC/BC and take a Disney bus over to MK. That does deal with the TTC aspect. Not ideal by any means, but then only 1 out of parks would mean you need to use Mears, assuming the Friendship boats do start back up today or soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!