Swan- Dolphin or does it matter?

scottmik2

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been brought up before but is the Swan really worth more points than the Dolphin? We are debating if the larger beds justify another 2000 points per night or is there more we are missing?

Other than the beds we generally prefer the Dolphin. Even though it is not far we prefer being closer to all the amenities especially the 24hr quick service. They are both renovated now and I also prefer the bathroom layout at Dolphin. I think you will get varied opinions but they are generally identical other than the bed size.

Other than the beds we generally prefer the Dolphin. Even though it is not far we prefer being closer to all the amenities especially the 24hr quick service. They are both renovated now and I also prefer the bathroom layout at Dolphin. I think you will get varied opinions but they are generally identical other than the bed size.
How is the bathroom layout different at Dolphin? Thanks!

The bed options are probably the main diff for my choice.
I have also read that if the busses are shared, then Swan is first for pickup (perhaps dropoff as well?) So, if the bus is FULL, Dolphin might get skipped? This is only what I've read somewhere, I have no experience. I had no big issues with the bus capacity when I was there.

The two are separated by a short walkway, BUT, if you are planning on using some service several times that is only at the one you are NOT staying at, that walk might get annoying.

A Possible Example: Using a refillable mug late night, if Picabu was the only place at whatever o'clock at night, but you're staying at Swan.

Just sayin - if you are going to be walking miles and miles in the parks all day, after a few days, walking over to Dolphin for Picabu might get you thinking about switching. BUT, you could probably get a room at Dolphin that might be just as long of a walk.

The pool "complex" appears to be closer to Dolphin (although Swan has it's own pool and hot tub that is not far away from the Dolphin's pool complex.)
Again, you could get a room at Dolphin, that is just as long of a walk as Swan.

Swan is also closer to the walkways to EP and HS, I think? But, it's really not by much.

I'd say the beds are the biggest difference.

As others have said the beds are the huge difference but I found the bathroom in the Swan to be bigger than the ones at the Dolphin. I've only stayed at the Swan once and the Dolphin many times but the bathroom at the Swan had a sink on the outside of the bathroom then double sinks in the bathroom with the toilet and tub and double sinks all in one huge room. The ones at the dolphin have the double sinks on the outside of the bathroom with the toilet and tub in one small room. There was barely room to turn around in the bathroom, it reminded me a lot of the ones at the moderate resorts if you have stayed there with the one at the Swan closer to the deluxe resort but ours was actually a tad bigger at the Swan.

I've stayed at both and they were both very nice. I prefer the Swan (I like the compact lobby and the ease of walking over to the Boardwalk), but I also like saving money and points!

I've stayed at both and would go with the cheaper option. I do like the smaller footprint of The Swan but I would rather spend less.

The Swan is closer to the walkway to the Boardwalk, so if you will be walking over there frequently, this would be something to consider. As others have mentioned, it was a bit annoying to have to walk over to the Dolphin to get quick serve stuff whenever we wanted that type of stuff. I did like the smaller/more compact layout/feel of the Swan. People didn't tend to linger around the lobby as much at the Swan as they do at the Dolphin. This is something I liked about the Swan. I didn't feel like we were always trying to maneuver around people to get to our room at the Swan. But just about every time we went over to the Dolphin, there were people standing around that we had to weave in and out of to get where we were trying to go. After a long day in the parks, it's nice to be in a space that isn't wall to wall people. :)

I would say that the Swan has the advantage on Location, but Dolphin has the advantage on food options. If that helps you at all...

Also, we found that we liked the quick serve food at the Dolphin better than most of the quick serve places around that area. I really was pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed the food at Picabu.

Happy planning!

I've stayed at both, and prefer the Swan (if it's available) over the Dolphin (which is fine though). The Swan is a Westin brand, where the Dolphin is a Sheraton.

You really can't go wrong with either, though.

not much difference no except the bed size and sink and bathroom setup. I like the smaller size of Swan, but I prefer Dolphin,as we like the lobby,restaurants etc in there. it's a tossup and I wouldn't pay more.As far as distance to walkways,not a big difference.

I agree with PPs who say to choose whichever costs less.

It’s minor, but you could wind up with a long and twisted walk through the halls between the elevator and your room in the Dolphin. The corridors in the Swan are a straight shot from the elevators so they are easier to navigate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter