Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

I figured I would give some updated information on Swan/Dolphin weddings. I'm planning for a super small wedding (less than 10), and we're on a budget, so I recently contacted them about their "Intimate" packages.

I should also mention--don't call Swan/Dolphin for anything wedding related EXCEPT catering. For all wedding planning, they will immediately refer you to Just Marry (the person I spoke with there was super nice!).

$1600 is the base price for a wedding at the Swan/Dolphin. This gets you the bare bones--it secures the location and provides a wedding coordinator.This does not include an officiant--so of course the price will depend on who you choose.

The following is the price list of all the "extra" services they provide:

Personal Flowers

Bride’s Cascade - $280
Brides Nosegay - $125
Bride's Hand Tied - $160
Maid's Nosegay - $75
Maid's Hand Tied - $90
Pin on Corsage - $34
Boutonnières - $13
Flower Girl Basket with Petals - $50

Decor

3-piece Arch Arrangement - $350
Single Large Swag for Arch - $183
Tall Centerpieces - $150
Low Centerpieces - $60
Horse and Carriage Arrangement - $165
Gift or Guestbook Table Arrangement - $50
Bag of Rose Petals - $25
Flower Girl Halo - $65
Unity Candle Set - $70
Unity Candle Stand with Flowers - $97
Pew arrangements with Floral - $35
Fiscus Trees with Lights - $50 - $80 (6' to 8')
Palm Trees - $35
Ferns - $23
Aisle Candles - $70 (flowers or greenery not included)
Specialty Linens - $20 - $65

Videography

Basic Video Package
Includes up to 1 hour with a professional wedding videographer, in studio editing and one copy of the video. $575.00

Intimate Wedding Ceremony Video
Includes up to two hours, one location with a professional videographer, in-studio editing and one copy of the video. $1100.00

Deluxe Intimate Wedding Video
Includes up to four hours of continuous coverage. Your wedding video will begin with your guests arriving and will continue through your ceremony and reception. The video will end with a montage set to music of events from the entire day and credits of the starring cast -- you and your wedding party! $1650.00

Complete Video Coverage
Includes up to eight hours of video coverage with two cameras at your ceremony. Your wedding video will begin with coverage of pre-wedding events like the bride and bridesmaids in the final stages of getting ready and the groom and groomsmen during the pre-wedding photography sessions. Coverage will continue through your ceremony and reception. Your wedding video will end with a montage set to music of events from the entire day and credits of the starring cast -- you and your wedding party! $2400.00

Deluxe Video Coverage
Your wedding video will begin with a photo montage of up to forty pictures of the bride & groom and will continue with pre-wedding events like the bride and bridesmaids in the final stages of getting ready and the groom and groomsmen during the pre wedding photography sessions and guest arrival. Coverage will continue with your ceremony and reception all the way through the bride and grooms’ departure. During the reception we will capture mini interviews with guests who would like to send a personal greeting to the newlyweds. Separate interviews will also be conducted privately with the bride and groom which will be edited throughout the video. Your wedding video will end with a montage of various events from the entire day and credits of the starring cast -- you and your wedding party! $3000.00

Photography

Traditional Wedding Photography (Available Everyday)
Each photography package, basic, includes 2 hours, one location with a professional wedding photographer, copies of all photos taken, a 12-page 24-sided album and surrendering of the negatives.

Basic Package (includes 1 hour)
$575.00
4x6 Photography Package
$625.00
5x7 Photography Package
$1100.00
8x10 Photography Package
$1400.00

Fashion Photojournalism
(Monday – Thursday only)
Package A $700.00
(Includes up to one hour of coverage, 40 5x7 prints with a 20 page album
and surrender of the negatives.)

Package B $1400.00
(Includes up to two hours of coverage, 40 5x7 prints with a 20 page
album, 1 11x14 wall portrait and surrendering of the negatives.)

Package C $2800.00
(Includes up to 4 hours of coverage, 20 8x10 prints in an album,
40 5x7 prints, 1 11x14 Wall portrait and surrendering of the negatives.)

Traditional and Photojournalistic Style (Monday – Friday only)

The Duchess
(Includes 1½ hours of photography service, Photographer and assistant, Minimum of 75 photographs will be taken, Random black and white will be taken and The collection of 4x5 Preview photos are yours to keep along with the negatives.) $1050.00

The Regal
(Includes up to 3 hours of photography service, Photographer and assistant, Minimum of 150 photographs will be taken, Random Black & White will be taken and The Collection of 4x5 preview photos are yours to keep, assembled in a professional preview album along with the negatives $1570.00

Traditional and Photojournalistic Style (Available Everyday)

Package One:
Clients will receive one hour of photography, and online posting of entire wedding. $850.00

Package Two:
Client will receive an hour and a half of photography, online posting of entire wedding, and a magazine proof book with leather cover. $1100.00

Additions:
-Extra half hour $110.00
-Magazine proof book with leather cover $275.00
-CD of all images ( International clients only) $165.00
-CD of all images for National clients ( available after two years) $200.00

Entertainment

Single Ceremony Musician

Choose a harp, violin, keyboard, flute, guitar and many others. Prices start at
$575.00

Music Groups

String Trio or Flute Trio $ 1,100.00 two hours
-$200.00 each additional hour

String Quartet or Flute Quartet $ 1,300.00 two hours
-$ 200.00 each additional hour

Band

Bands are a custom item. Your Just Marry! wedding consultant can arrange for demo tapes to be sent to you. Prices start at $2500.00

Disc Jockey
From $1,200.00 for four hours

Hair & Make-up

Brides Hair & Makeup (Monday through Thursday) - $250.00
Additional Hair & Makeup - $200.00
Brides Hair or Makeup only - $175.00
Hair, Makeup & Basic Manicure - $275.00
Manicures: Basic - $75.00; French Manicure - $75.00
Trial Run - $200.00

Wedding Cake
Our standard cakes are priced with butter cream frosting, but rolled fondant is also available for an additional charge.

10” Round (serves up to 12 guests) - $79.00
Two Tiered (serves up to 24 guests) - $156.00
Three Tiered (serves up to 75 guests) - $487.00
Four Tiered (serves up to 150 guests) - $973.00
Floral Cake Topper & Flowers per tier - $50.00

Rentals

Brass Decorated Arch - $275.00
White Trellis Decorated Arch - $430.00
Gazebo rental - $650.00
White wooden folding chairs, each - $7.00
White cotton chair cover rentals, each - $7.00
Pedestals with fern arrangements - $55.00
Pedestal with floral arrangement- $265.00
Unity Candle Stand including greenery - $80.00
Unity Candle Stand including flowers - $80.00
Dove release, each - $200.00
Crystal Pedestal Centerpiece - $225.00
Crystal Candelabra - $300.00

Whew--that was a lot of typing! :faint:

My daughter was married at the crescent terrace on April 23. Everything was bare bones but very nice. The grounds are so beautiful. They set up white chairs around the terrace and provided a little table with a pitcher of ice water and glasses. My son played the keyboard - a nice medley of disney love songs. My daughter and her maid of honor just got silk flowers from Joann Fabrics. They picked blue as their color and most guests wore some shade of blue. They guys wore comfortable clothes. After the ceremony, we wound up going to the Garden Grove restaurant located right at the hotel.

Thanks for the breakdown Bestla! Nice to see exactly where my $$$ is going. Just Marry never sent me this as I opted for a "package" for my 8/20/2008 WDW Swan wedding. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Do you know if you could have your ceremony at WDW pavillion and reception at the Swan and Dolphin? How far is it from the park? I am thinking I would like to take the guests back in to the park afterwards for fireworks also, but if it's too far, then not. What do you think? Is the swan and Dolphin a lot cheaper than a WDW reception do you think?

Thanks to all the girls who are posting on this thread! DF and I trying to decide between a DFTW vs. Swan and Dolphin.

We are having only 8-10 people at our wedding (including us!) and are on a tight budget (saving up for that Disney Honeymoon!). We like some of the stuff DFTW has to offer but at the same time the Swan and Dolphin looks just as nice.

Does anyone know if you can have the ceremony inside?

Do you know if you could have your ceremony at WDW pavillion and reception at the Swan and Dolphin? How far is it from the park? I am thinking I would like to take the guests back in to the park afterwards for fireworks also, but if it's too far, then not. What do you think? Is the swan and Dolphin a lot cheaper than a WDW reception do you think?

Absolutely... that's what I am doing! Wedding through Disney at SBP and then dinner reception at Shula's... it's a great plan I think!;)

Can I buy my own Mickey & Minnie cake topper & add it to a S/D cake or is that not allowed?

I figured I would give some updated information on Swan/Dolphin weddings. I'm planning for a super small wedding (less than 10), and we're on a budget, so I recently contacted them about their "Intimate" packages.

I should also mention--don't call Swan/Dolphin for anything wedding related EXCEPT catering. For all wedding planning, they will immediately refer you to Just Marry (the person I spoke with there was super nice!).

$1600 is the base price for a wedding at the Swan/Dolphin. This gets you the bare bones--it secures the location and provides a wedding coordinator.This does not include an officiant--so of course the price will depend on who you choose.

I contacted them today. JustMarry got back to me via email. I am astounded at the ridiculous prices through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and through JustMarry. My husband and I want to do a very simple vow renewal for our 25th anniversary. Our party size is 5 people, including us, my two 19 year old kids and my daughters boyfriend. We just wanted a location (I really like Crescent Terrace), an officiant ,a champagne toast (1 small bottle of 6 glasses), a small cake (I'd provide the topper), and a small bouquet flowers for myself and my daugther (buttoniere's not necessary). No music, no transportation, no photography. How long could this take? 20 minutes, maybe 1/2 hour?? The cost to them of such a service is minimal, the officiant being the most expensive I'd imagine.
The price they start at thru Disney $4500!! with nothing taken off for what you don't use, Swan & Dolphin $2822! I thought this was a place where wishes came true, but they leave off wishes come true after you get ripped off!
I can't believe they don't offer something more "economical" to accomodate this type of service. We wanted to do the service, cut the cake, do the toast and have dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, but $2822?? I could pay for the entire vacation with that much money(DVC members, no accommodation costs). I was willing to pay the $1500 I originally read about, then I read another post that said it was $1600 inclusive of the above things I wanted, but $2822? or $4500? for a simple vow renewal? I think that's nuts.
So, we are most likely not doing this at all, maybe dinner and a specially made cake and that it's - what a shame - we both thought this would be such a great way to celebrate our 25 years of marriage, with our kids "standing up for us" too.:eek: So much for this dream....

I contacted them today. JustMarry got back to me via email. I am astounded at the ridiculous prices through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and through JustMarry. My husband and I want to do a very simple vow renewal for our 25th anniversary. Our party size is 5 people, including us, my two 19 year old kids and my daughters boyfriend. We just wanted a location (I really like Crescent Terrace), an officiant ,a champagne toast (1 small bottle of 6 glasses), a small cake (I'd provide the topper), and a small bouquet flowers for myself and my daugther (buttoniere's not necessary). No music, no transportation, no photography. How long could this take? 20 minutes, maybe 1/2 hour?? The cost to them of such a service is minimal, the officiant being the most expensive I'd imagine.
The price they start at thru Disney $4500!! with nothing taken off for what you don't use, Swan & Dolphin $2822! I thought this was a place where wishes came true, but they leave off wishes come true after you get ripped off!
I can't believe they don't offer something more "economical" to accomodate this type of service. We wanted to do the service, cut the cake, do the toast and have dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, but $2822?? I could pay for the entire vacation with that much money(DVC members, no accommodation costs). I was willing to pay the $1500 I originally read about, then I read another post that said it was $1600 inclusive of the above things I wanted, but $2822? or $4500? for a simple vow renewal? I think that's nuts.
So, we are most likely not doing this at all, maybe dinner and a specially made cake and that it's - what a shame - we both thought this would be such a great way to celebrate our 25 years of marriage, with our kids "standing up for us" too.:eek: So much for this dream....

I agree that prices are very high if you are just looking to do something simple without all the hoopla. But don't give up, I think there are still some options for you. First off, when you first contact the Swan & Dolphin they will send you information on their standard package deal which is right around the $2822 that you noted. You can book things through them "a la carte" and not pay for the things you don't want. The price you quoted seems very close to what I am paying and that includes decor and a musician. It still might be higher than you were looking to spend, but I think you should ask a few more questions as it sounds like you just received the standard quote.

The other thing to mention is that there are other places near Disney that you could do your VR and then celebrate in Disney. There is the Royal Wedding Chapel (royalchapel.com) - there is a girl who posts on here from time to time (I'm sorry but the name surpasses me at the moment) who had a very simple/intimate ceremony there and then had dinner at the GF somewhere, it was just lovely and the ceremony was no where near the cost that you mentioned. Also, some of the other hotels in the Downtown Disney area offer wedding packages as well and may have something much more reasonable. Oh, and there is Leu Gardens but I don't have much information for that location.

I just hate to see you give up, look around (also check out Mouseweddings.com for ideas). I think you could find the perfect thing for you for a VR and then you can celebrate in Disney World. :wizard: Good luck!

Hello,

Dolphin wedding, sounds interesting, is it like beach theme wedding or different from that, I have just attended a beach theme wedding and believe me it was awesome, you know what we got themed unique wedding favors too like seashell favor, starfish favor and many others, nice na.

Regards,
sarah_9 :cutie:

Has anyone had a S/D wedding that was held at another location on the property other than cresent terrace or the swan fountain? I am not a fan of all that concrete.

Looking for something along the water way.

Pics?

Has anyone had a S/D wedding that was held at another location on the property other than cresent terrace or the swan fountain? I am not a fan of all that concrete.

Looking for something along the water way.

Pics?

Hi Tiff! The link to my pics is in my Siggy. Feel free. Also, I did use Just marry and have regretted it every day since I signed my contract (read my TR). Do not be limited, with a little coaxing, the Swan will refer you to OTHER wedding planners. A Bride I know who recently booked her wedding got the same package as I did (with Just Marry!) and she paid hundreds less with the other wedding planner (PLUS they actually return her calls). The swan truly is a beautiful place to get married. It is possible to be married on their beach or in a ballroom. Just make sure you know in advance waht their "plan b" will be for your big day. You DO NOT want to end up like I did! Best of luck, and congrats! :yay:

Hi Tiff! The link to my pics is in my Siggy. Feel free. Also, I did use Just marry and have regretted it every day since I signed my contract (read my TR). Do not be limited, with a little coaxing, the Swan will refer you to OTHER wedding planners. A Bride I know who recently booked her wedding got the same package as I did (with Just Marry!) and she paid hundreds less with the other wedding planner (PLUS they actually return her calls). The swan truly is a beautiful place to get married. It is possible to be married on their beach or in a ballroom. Just make sure you know in advance waht their "plan b" will be for your big day. You DO NOT want to end up like I did! Best of luck, and congrats! :yay:

Your pics are great!

Thanks for the "plan b" advice. I read your story..uuugggh!

So far Just Marry just got back to me today from a Thursday phone call & email. Susan quoted me :

worked up a quick price quote for you. The package I designed is as follows:

· Ceremony site fee at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel
· Ceremony officiant
· Bride’s hand tied bouquet in your choice of color
· Groom’s boutonniere
· Violinist for the ceremony
· Photography package including up to two hours with a professional wedding photographer, copies of all photos taken, a 4x5 keepsake wedding album and surrendering of a high resolution cd
· Two-tiered wedding cake
· One bottle of champagne
· Professional server for the cake and champagne
· Gown steaming
· Rose petal aisle (I based this on needing 10 bags of rose petals. The price may be reduced if less is needed)
· Just Marry! ceremony coordinator to make certain all of your plans run smoothly

Fee for the above package: $3330.24!!!:scared1:

I responded that is about $1,000 more than my budget.

I used Just Marry and had no problems with them what so ever..I worked with Susan. I talked to her about my budget and we worked things out so it was what we could afford. I did some of my own things like flowers and music which I got for a better price. My Maid of Honor took care of steaming my gown with her own hand steamer as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter