Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

I used Just Marry and had no problems with them what so ever..I worked with Susan. I talked to her about my budget and we worked things out so it was what we could afford. I did some of my own things like flowers and music which I got for a better price. My Maid of Honor took care of steaming my gown with her own hand steamer as well.

LOVE the hand steamer idea!

I am doing my own bridesmaids flowers. Going to model them after the DFTW "magic wand" looking flower, wrapped in ribbon.

Do you mind sharing the names of the florist & musician you used..if you would recommend them that is? :)

Your pics are great!

Thanks for the "plan b" advice. I read your story..uuugggh!

So far Just Marry just got back to me today from a Thursday phone call & email. Susan quoted me :

worked up a quick price quote for you. The package I designed is as follows:

· Ceremony site fee at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel
· Ceremony officiant
· Bride’s hand tied bouquet in your choice of color
· Groom’s boutonniere
· Violinist for the ceremony
· Photography package including up to two hours with a professional wedding photographer, copies of all photos taken, a 4x5 keepsake wedding album and surrendering of a high resolution cd
· Two-tiered wedding cake
· One bottle of champagne
· Professional server for the cake and champagne
· Gown steaming
· Rose petal aisle (I based this on needing 10 bags of rose petals. The price may be reduced if less is needed)
· Just Marry! ceremony coordinator to make certain all of your plans run smoothly

Fee for the above package: $3330.24!!!:scared1:

I responded that is about $1,000 more than my budget.
Thanks for the compliment on our pics:lovestruc Lol that is the one good thing that came out of the whole mess, we got a few pics that we absolutely loved. I also have more that my other photog took that day. PM me with your email address and I will forward them. Ok, If I were you, I would shop around for another planner and see what you can come up with. Try to contract out what YOU can. You will be able to get a great rpice for a photographer and musician during this time in the economy. I used Craiglist alot as well. That's where I found my hairstylist (who works for a "SPECIAL", upscale, on location beauty company when she is not freelancing) and photographers, I got GREAT prices. I also found my own limo service. You will love the Swan for your wedding, it is a GORGEOUS place to be married. Take your time and if you have the skill to deal with everything, just contract the site from a planner. Then you can use whomever you like for all of the other things.

LOVE the hand steamer idea!

I am doing my own bridesmaids flowers. Going to model them after the DFTW "magic wand" looking flower, wrapped in ribbon.

Do you mind sharing the names of the florist & musician you used..if you would recommend them that is? :)

My flowers were silk and off Ebay...we used a DJ for our music-you mentioned a violinist-so your probably not looking for a DJ..however the guy we had was GREAT..despite our small wedding guest list he had everyone up and grooving before and after dinner! He also did the music for the wedding..he let us choose what we wanted. His price was great. http://www.abcdj.com/801.html

I choose my own photographer as well..Randy Chapman..he had just started working with Just Marry and I got a incredible price. He is well known for Disney Weddings..

Thanks for the compliment on our pics:lovestruc Lol that is the one good thing that came out of the whole mess, we got a few pics that we absolutely loved. I also have more that my other photog took that day. PM me with your email address and I will forward them. Ok, If I were you, I would shop around for another planner and see what you can come up with. Try to contract out what YOU can. You will be able to get a great rpice for a photographer and musician during this time in the economy. I used Craiglist alot as well. That's where I found my hairstylist (who works for a "SPECIAL", upscale, on location beauty company when she is not freelancing) and photographers, I got GREAT prices. I also found my own limo service. You will love the Swan for your wedding, it is a GORGEOUS place to be married. Take your time and if you have the skill to deal with everything, just contract the site from a planner. Then you can use whomever you like for all of the other things.

You both are looking very good & may god bless you both.
I like your all photos but i liked the 179th very much in this you are looking very cute & sexy.

I am trying to get details to compare and make a decision in the next couple days. Does anyone suggest a specific vendor other than Just Marry?

Thanks!

I am trying to get details to compare and make a decision in the next couple days. Does anyone suggest a specific vendor other than Just Marry?

Thanks!

Yes, me too. I am also trying to make up my mind. I really want to have a ceremony at the Swan and Dolphin, but am quite hesitant about using JustMarry after reading DisneyAddict's story. I just emailed the Swan and Dolphin asking for other Wedding Coordinators they may use and suggest. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. I will post what they say when I hear from them!

~Cookie

Yes, me too. I am also trying to make up my mind. I really want to have a ceremony at the Swan and Dolphin, but am quite hesitant about using JustMarry after reading DisneyAddict's story. I just emailed the Swan and Dolphin asking for other Wedding Coordinators they may use and suggest. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. I will post what they say when I hear from them!

~Cookie

Thanks so much and I'm in the same boat regarding DisneyAddict's story. I'd really appreciate any other names as well. I called the catering department at the S/D and they told me that was the only wedding company they will use.

I figure if we were able to save the money and do it at the Swan we can swing all the "other" stuff we want like a reception and dessert party.

Hiya Ladies,

I am having a wedding at the swan and dolphin in 4 weeks time!!!:banana:

I am not using just marry i have found an independant wedding planner who is organising the flowers, the cake and the officient.

I am using Misty Miotto for my photographer and Beaute speciale for my hair and make up I organised this myself.

The only thing i have been talking to the catering department at the swan and dolphin about is the food and the place the ceremony/reception will take place.

The swan and dolphin were ok with me not using Just Marry.

Hiya Ladies,

I am not using just marry i have found an independant wedding planner who is organising the flowers, the cake and the officient.

I am using Misty Miotto for my photographer and Beaute speciale for my hair and make up I organised this myself.

The only thing i have been talking to the catering department at the swan and dolphin about is the food and the place the ceremony/reception will take place.

Congrats, can't wait to see your pics!

I found an independent planner as well who I'm really happy with. When I called DFTW to let them know I decided to change my ceremony location I was informed that if I wanted to still have my lunch/reception and dessert party at WDW I would need to meet the Wishes package minimums. (12k for that day) I've left a msg w/ the planner to see if she can help me.

Thanks so much and I'm in the same boat regarding DisneyAddict's story. I'd really appreciate any other names as well. I called the catering department at the S/D and they told me that was the only wedding company they will use.

I figure if we were able to save the money and do it at the Swan we can swing all the "other" stuff we want like a reception and dessert party.

So far, I haven't heard back from S/D. Go figure. I will have to give them a call and see if they say the same thing to me about Just Marry being the only ones they use.

You are thinking how I am thinking right now, if we do it this way we can save money and have more money for some other fun stuff. I think we are planning on having a dinner reception at Il Mulino at the S/D and so far they have been really helpful.

Hiya Ladies,

Congrats on your wedding! That is so exciting. I hope you come back and post some pictures, I would LOVE to see them. Thank you for the information, I will definitely checkc out some of the vendors that you listed. Would you mind sharing the independent planner that you are using? I might try and give them a call.

Thanks again! and Congrats!

Congrats, can't wait to see your pics!

I found an independent planner as well who I'm really happy with. When I called DFTW to let them know I decided to change my ceremony location I was informed that if I wanted to still have my lunch/reception and dessert party at WDW I would need to meet the Wishes package minimums. (12k for that day) I've left a msg w/ the planner to see if she can help me.

I hope your planner can help you out with the dessert party. I know that is definitely something that I want to have. I am obsessed with Illuminations and I think thats the only thing that I MUST do outside of the ceremony. I plan on booking a DP as long as I don't go too far over budget with the rest of the wedding. I am not using DFTW, so I wont be able to wear a wedding dress or anything, but I am ok with that. I will be going through the grand gatherings that they have. I will probably just tell them that we are celebrating a family reunion or something. I read your PJ at the end and saw that you are having a hard time still booking that since you are in the "system". Do you have anyone that would maybe be able to call and book it for you? Someone that wouldn't be in the system. That is just awful that they are doing that, I mean really, how can they turn down business like that? Not that they need it or anything, but you think that wouldn't be such a big deal, especially if you agree not to wear a wedding dress. Well, I hope to hear how things go for you.

Good luck with everything!

~Cookie

Another less expensive option that a lot of people do not know about is Fulton's Crab House. I am planning both my ceremony and reception on their Third Deck. I hired my own vendors and am coordinating most of it myself, but I'm sure you could find a cooridinator willing to work with them as a venue for you. My whole wedding is costing a fraction of even a Swan wedding, and I looked at that option first!

I have to say that when I was working with Just Marry I didn't have any problems during the planning process.

Well, I just got my reply from S/D and they said that other than for international brides, they do not work with anyone other than Just Marry.

They must be under contract and truly cannot give other names... I guess that's just how the business works. I am definitely pleased so far with the planner that you have mentioned. I am waiting for quotes right now, and hopefully soon I can actually book something. I am just so anxious to make the date official!

Best of Luck!

Cookie

Another less expensive option that a lot of people do not know about is Fulton's Crab House. I am planning both my ceremony and reception on their Third Deck. I hired my own vendors and am coordinating most of it myself, but I'm sure you could find a cooridinator willing to work with them as a venue for you. My whole wedding is costing a fraction of even a Swan wedding, and I looked at that option first!

I have to say that when I was working with Just Marry I didn't have any problems during the planning process.

I saw your pj and love what you're doing! I requested reception info from Fulton's a couple days ago but haven't heard back. Are there more than the few stock photos somewhere online?

Well, I just got my reply from S/D and they said that other than for international brides, they do not work with anyone other than Just Marry.

They must be under contract and truly cannot give other names... I guess that's just how the business works. I am definitely pleased so far with the planner that you have mentioned. I am waiting for quotes right now, and hopefully soon I can actually book something. I am just so anxious to make the date official!

Best of Luck!

Cookie

Good..I hope something works out for you!

Thank you for this idea! I love it and am checking them out now... Oh man, I have changed my mind sooo many times on this so far... haha, the joys of being a bride!

So far I really havent had any problems with Just Marry, they have been helpful and very offering of their information, so I definitely appreciate that. I just heard some mixed reviews and wanted to see my other options. There are bound to be mixed reviews on every vendor out there...

I saw your pj and love what you're doing! I requested reception info from Fulton's a couple days ago but haven't heard back. Are there more than the few stock photos somewhere online?

No more photos online, I got some directly with Fulton's. I would call Fulton's again, it took me two calls to get in touch with someone but once I did they were always a quick email away!

Thank you for this idea! I love it and am checking them out now... Oh man, I have changed my mind sooo many times on this so far... haha, the joys of being a bride!

I changed my mind a lot too, I was able to get a lot more for my money!

Hi all - I just want to encourage you all to stay positive and not let one person's experience deter you.

I worked with JM this past spring and my wedding coordinator was fabulous as well as my wedding. I will continue to refer people to JustMarry! b/c they are reputable and will work with you to make sure everything is perfect.

I work along side the industry and know first hand that there are things that coordinators/planners cannot control (photography coming out bad or catering turning out wrong) these types of instances are not the planning companies fault, it is the vendors you choose - so choose wisely!

Also, know that if a hotel is referring a particular vendor it is b/c they are trusted as the best professional out there. If JM wasn't of this calibre - over 170+ brides wouldn't have used them and are continuing to do so.

Again, I cannot say enough good things about JM - my advice to you is try not to believe everything you read on these boards and stay positive!

Happy Planning!

Can anybody post any reception pictures in the reception rooms (not the restaurants). We are considering possibly having a reception there. Thanks in advance:goodvibes

Hi!!!

I am getting married December 12 and I totally LOVE my planner...

She was recommended to me by an employee of the Swan and I can not say anything bad about her... She is amazing!!! I am so excited to be near the end of all the planning and she has been nothing but great help!

Hello there! I also got married at the Swan in Sept 05! It was just beautiful there! I have pictures posted as well on this site and pictures of the Crescent Terr if that's the site you are getting married at. Just look around and ask questions. If you need any info or more pics perhaps we have some of those too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter