Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

Does anyone have pics of "wedding beach terrace", or "lakeside terrace"? I was just told that these are possible ceremony sites at the swan/dolphin.

What is the max # of guests for Ceremony and Reception locations for Swan/Dolphin? My DH thinks this may be more affordable for us than DFTW and we may not be as restricted too(I know There are elements I woul like that DFTW offers that Swan/Dolphin doesn't) since we may have several guests staying at more affordable hotels or rent vacation homes(we also have a few who live a couple hours away that might just want to get home early Sunday instead of having to stay an extra day or so. Anyone have any advice for Swan-Dolphin that might be helpful, thank you.

Another less expensive option that a lot of people do not know about is Fulton's Crab House. I am planning both my ceremony and reception on their Third Deck. I hired my own vendors and am coordinating most of it myself, but I'm sure you could find a cooridinator willing to work with them as a venue for you. My whole wedding is costing a fraction of even a Swan wedding, and I looked at that option first!

I have to say that when I was working with Just Marry I didn't have any problems during the planning process.

Thats an awesome idea...the Fulton Crab House!
Have you done this yet? Pictures??
ANyone else?

I am getting quotes on Swan/Dolphin now... so checking out all the options :)

Hi all - I just want to encourage you all to stay positive and not let one person's experience deter you.

I worked with JM this past spring and my wedding coordinator was fabulous as well as my wedding. I will continue to refer people to JustMarry! b/c they are reputable and will work with you to make sure everything is perfect.

I work along side the industry and know first hand that there are things that coordinators/planners cannot control (photography coming out bad or catering turning out wrong) these types of instances are not the planning companies fault, it is the vendors you choose - so choose wisely!

Also, know that if a hotel is referring a particular vendor it is b/c they are trusted as the best professional out there. If JM wasn't of this calibre - over 170+ brides wouldn't have used them and are continuing to do so.

Again, I cannot say enough good things about JM - my advice to you is try not to believe everything you read on these boards and stay positive!

Happy Planning!

This user has only posted ONE post here? hmmmmm...??? Hello Brides! Hope all is well with you all:goodvibes I realize that my experience has cause several of you to be cautious, I don't consider that to be a bad thing. Just Marry was great during planning but horribly failed me just prior to and DURING my wedding. (the proof is in my pictures) I would TRULY hate for anyone to go through what I did. A fellow Disboarder recently had an absolutely GORGEOUS wedding at the S/D & did not use JM. Follow your instinct & be careful! It is very difficult to plan a wedding when your miles away. Best of luck to you all and feel free to message me if I can help :hug:

For those of you who had a S/D wedding:

I would love to know how much money you spent in total & (in general) what you had??

Thanks!:goodvibes

has anyone got pictures of the ceremony on the beach (its going to be just the two of us!)

anyone with pictures of the beach in general? (i'll go over and have a look at the accomodation forum too)

but MOST IMPORTANTLY - were planning a december wedding - so is it more likely we'll be told to hold the ceremony inside? This would be the main decider - if there is a chance I cant have it on the beach then I just wont bother looking further into it.

how close is this s/d to downtown disney - within walking distance - in a big dress (I hear alot of you talking about fultons, but i'm thinking more Portobello)

also, if we go to a resturant in downtown, obviously were too small to have a whole private dining room to ourselves - so do you think they just stick us with all the rest of the diners? (that doesnt bother me, i'm just wondering?)

has anyone got pictures of the ceremony on the beach (its going to be just the two of us!)

anyone with pictures of the beach in general? (i'll go over and have a look at the accomodation forum too)

but MOST IMPORTANTLY - were planning a december wedding - so is it more likely we'll be told to hold the ceremony inside? This would be the main decider - if there is a chance I cant have it on the beach then I just wont bother looking further into it.

how close is this s/d to downtown disney - within walking distance - in a big dress (I hear alot of you talking about fultons, but i'm thinking more Portobello)

also, if we go to a resturant in downtown, obviously were too small to have a whole private dining room to ourselves - so do you think they just stick us with all the rest of the diners? (that doesnt bother me, i'm just wondering?)

I wouldn't think you'd have to be worried about having to have an indoor venue in December. We are getting married in December at the S/D at Crescent Terrace & our friends got married there last December & it went fine. Of course there is always the possibility of rain, but you risk that any time of year in Florida.

Downtown Disney is NOT walking distance to the S/D-you would need to drive or take Disney transportation (bus) there. The S/D is located walking distance to Disney's Boardwalk area and there are a few restaurant choices there, as well as walking distance to Hollywood Studios & Epcot's World Showcase.

I really enjoy reading about peoples Disney Weddings and experiences with Disney Weddings-it's always been a fantasy of mine. And I love the idea of an intimate wedding at S/D!
Does anyone have pictures of the available sites the day of their wedding? The sites themselves are pretty much blank canvases, so I'd love to see how they worked their magic and see how it looked after it was decorated!
:wizard:

I really enjoy reading about peoples Disney Weddings and experiences with Disney Weddings-it's always been a fantasy of mine. And I love the idea of an intimate wedding at S/D!
Does anyone have pictures of the available sites the day of their wedding? The sites themselves are pretty much blank canvases, so I'd love to see how they worked their magic and see how it looked after it was decorated!
:wizard:
I haven't had my VR yet - it is next May but I have this picture of the West Courtyard set up for a small wedding. I am only having a small VR (14 guests) and this will be perfect for me!! I think it is beautiful!!
I will be having the cake table (far right) moved a bit further away and covered in white linen. I also am not having the orange cake!! I have arranged my own cake.
I am heavily into planning my VR with Karen from JM now and if I can help you with anything, don't hesitate to contact me!!
I also wanted to say that despite some negative feedback on this board, I have had nothing short of excellent service from Just Marry so far. I know I haven't had my VR yet, but Karen and I have get on famously via e-mail and she has always answered my e-mails/questions/concerns very promptly. She has even agreed to stay on (I think sometimes the co-ordinators switch once the booking process is over) and see me right through my big day!!!

image009.jpg

I haven't had my VR yet - it is next May but I have this picture of the West Courtyard set up for a small wedding. I am only having a small VR (14 guests) and this will be perfect for me!! I think it is beautiful!!
I will be having the cake table (far right) moved a bit further away and covered in white linen. I also am not having the orange cake!! I have arranged my own cake.
I am heavily into planning my VR with Karen from JM now and if I can help you with anything, don't hesitate to contact me!!
I also wanted to say that despite some negative feedback on this board, I have had nothing short of excellent service from Just Marry so far. I know I haven't had my VR yet, but Karen and I have get on famously via e-mail and she has always answered my e-mails/questions/concerns very promptly. She has even agreed to stay on (I think sometimes the co-ordinators switch once the booking process is over) and see me right through my big day!!!

image009.jpg

I 100% agree!!:goodvibes Karen from JM is fantastic!

Karen is who I am corresponding with also and we hope to have a wedding with a similar set up to the above picture followed by a meal at Shulas as we are steak lovers.

We might have a dessert party in epcot in the evening but if that doesn't work out as there any bars or clubs to hang out in around that area. Would be a thursday night. Don't really want the night to end at about 8pm. We would change to casual dress obviously.

Hi KimviG
I suspect the prices on page 1 may be a little out of date. It's hard for me to say as I didn't follow a package but 'cherry picked' what I wanted from the package and arranged other things myself.
My VR is in May and for the Swan part of it I am paying around $2,200.00.
This includes site (West Courtyard) including seating and set up, water station set up for guests nearby, services of Karen, my planner to co-ordinate and book things etc and oversee on the day, a backup venue in case of rain, use of a hospitality room for freshening up on the day (if I need it),two bottles of champagne, one bottle of sparkling cider, five bottles of orange juice, the services of two Swan employees to pour and serve drinks for the toast and cut and serve the cake and all silverware, glassware and flatware.
Things I have arranged myself with outside vendors are floral, cake, officiant, photographer and harpist. Limousines are being arranged by Karen but are on a seperate contract as at the time of signing my contract I wasn't sure what I wanted.
You need not be tied into a package but can have as little or as much as you want. Contact JustMarry. They are always so helpful and Karen is an angel!!!
Good luck

Hi tinkerbell,

what are you doing on the evening of your wedding. I am having a wedding at the swan in May also, and planned an epcot dessert party at night, but have been informed by disney I'm not allowed to unless all 13 guests stay at a disney hotel.

Hi sweetie
Our ceremony is at 3.00pm and we are following it up with the short cake/champagne reception at the Swan. We are then going by limo to the GF and having a cocktail hour at Mizner's bar. We will be then having our reception dinner at Citricos (who so far have been mega helpful and seem genuinely thrilled to be hosting this for us!!). I am still on the fence about a DP. If I have one it will be at Sago Cay point at the GF. I have discounted Epcot because as a non-DFTW bride, I am not allowed to wear my dress in the park. This is the only draw back I have come across so far with being a non-DFTW bride!!! I will only have a DP if I can afford to pipe in the 'Wishes' music.
Unfortunately, I cannot help with your problem as all of us (DH, me and 13 guests) are all staying on-property (BLT and AKV) as I own DVC.
I have heard that Disney are making it increasingly difficult for non-DFTW brides to book a DP. If I decide to go ahead and book one through Disney Events, I will be saying it is for a family gathering and not a VR!!
I hope you get this sorted!!!

Hi KimviG
I suspect the prices on page 1 may be a little out of date. It's hard for me to say as I didn't follow a package but 'cherry picked' what I wanted from the package and arranged other things myself.
My VR is in May and for the Swan part of it I am paying around $2,200.00.
This includes site (West Courtyard) including seating and set up, water station set up for guests nearby, services of Karen, my planner to co-ordinate and book things etc and oversee on the day, a backup venue in case of rain, use of a hospitality room for freshening up on the day (if I need it),two bottles of champagne, one bottle of sparkling cider, five bottles of orange juice, the services of two Swan employees to pour and serve drinks for the toast and cut and serve the cake and all silverware, glassware and flatware.
Things I have arranged myself with outside vendors are floral, cake, officiant, photographer and harpist. Limousines are being arranged by Karen but are on a seperate contract as at the time of signing my contract I wasn't sure what I wanted.
You need not be tied into a package but can have as little or as much as you want. Contact JustMarry. They are always so helpful and Karen is an angel!!!
Good luck

Thanks so much for letting me know, mine would be a vow renewal too. We had planned on a Disney Wedding next year but now insurance reasons are forcing us to elope in a few weeks, I still want my Disney wedding though and I'm really bummed. I'm just trying to figure out if it will be practical to have a ceremony especially when we want to take at least 10 days for vacation there and have a family of five.

Hi
I think that the above posts are regarding a dessert party, not actually a dinner. We are having our reception dinner at Citricos at the Grand Floridian after our Swan VR. I am budgeting for $70.00 per person excluding drinks, tax and service. I think the whole bill will be over $1500.00, so not cheap!!!

Here's a wonderfully detailed post about a Swan & Dolphin wedding:

If I am posting my daughter's Swan and Dolphin wedding budget on the wrong post, I apologize. This may be helpful for folks like us that want a Disney escape-type wedding, but have more than 25 guests. We had 50 guests total, including the wedding party. The ceremony was held at the Crescent Terrace, followed by a reception in the Osprey room.

$1550---basic ceremony package, paid to Michele Butler Events

$4748--paid to the Swan for catering. This price included a small dinner buffet with two types of salad(green and caesar), herb-crusted chicken, pasta primavera, seasonal vegetables, and rolls. The wedding cake was our only dessert as each layer was different: top layer was red velvet with cream cheese filling, middle layer was flourless chocolate with mousse filling, and the bottom layer was white cake with strawberry mousse filling. This price included the hosted bar as well. We offered wine and beer for 36 guests over 21 at a cost of $30 per person. For the 14 guests under 21, the price was $14 per person. This was for 2.5 hours of service. Of the $4748 charge, $245 was an "upcharge" for the cake. Also included in the $4748 was a charge for the arch used in the ceremony...I don't remember the actual cost. The 23% gratuity was added to EVERYTHING, and everything that was gratuitized was taxed afterward.

$1200--DJ Miles. I wrote this check with a BIG SMILE on my face! He was worth every penny! He provided music for the ceremony and entertainment for the reception.

???--photography--David and Vicki Arndt. I can't remember exactly what I paid them, but their prices were very competitive. I opted for the basic 4-hour package with CD and copyright release (no album, etc.) I don't have the CD yet, but I have no doubt we will love the pictures. They arrived at 5:30 pm and stayed past 9:30 pm. They were absolutely wonderful, and worth more than I paid.

$300---Floral---The groom's mother is a former florist, so she volunteered to do the bouquets and boutineers for the wedding party. She and the couple went to a floral shop in Orlando and purchased fresh flowers the day before the wedding. This amazing woman whipped up my daughter's bouquet in 5 minutes and texted a picture of it to me for approval! She made 6 bouquets and 7 boutineers that she stored in a cooler until the ceremony. I will be honest, I was not expecting anything spectacular for $300, but I was so surprised! My daughter's bouquet consisted of lillies, roses, hydrangeas, baby's breath, and some type of leaves. The bridesmaids and junior bridesmaid's bouquets were a little smaller, but just as lovely. The groomsmen wore ivory rose boutineers with baby's breath. The in-laws are Dutch, and thought the fresh floral here was expensive, but I paid more than $300 for flowers at my wedding over 2 decades ago! I would LOVE to see what my MIL could do with $300 in Holland!

$600--Hair and nails--My husband paid for Beaute Speciale(6 hairdos at $65 each, and bride's makeup at $60 plus tip), and nails the day of the wedding

$550-800---centerpieces, menus, invitations, programs, ribbon wands, and favors

I thought the food and bar was as expensive as Disney is, but I was able to save money elsewhere. The centerpieces were "simply elegant" as one guest said, and we provided them. Michele Butler's assistant helped us set them out. The Swan staff lit the candles and provided water for the vases. We placed the six fresh-flower bouquets from the ceremony in vases in the center of each table, surrounded by pedestal votive holders in varying heights. At the end of the night, the staff placed the empty vases and votives on one table for us to pack up(it took 10 minutes at best). We did that while the staff boxed the cake, which we had to request they box for us. I made menus for each place-setting, which the staff graciously set out for me. They also had a small table placed beside the door for the Swan favors that held chocolate kisses and served as table assignment cards. I think the food and decor was exactly what my daughter wanted. The only thing we did not like was the cake. Originally, we were to have buttercream frosting,and that was written on our banquet order. I don't know if that was changed to fondant later for a reason, or if the catering manager just made a mistake. I am sure we paid extra for it, whether we wanted it or not.

I am too lazy to look for the actual dress and tux receipts, but I remember the approximate costs of everything. For our family, which included the bride, 2 maids of honor/sisters of the bride, a groomsman/brother, father of the bride tux rental and mother of the bride dress, we spent approximately $1600, which I did not think was too bad. I also bought a jr. bridesmaid dress($90), and my daughter bought matching shoes for three bridesmaids as gifts($90).
I do not have a clue what the rings cost...

$600--Hair and nails--My husband paid for Beaute Speciale(6 hairdos at $65 each, and bride's makeup at $60 plus tip) the day of the wedding and nails at a nearby salon the day before.

$275--Limo to take bride and 5 bridesmaids to the Boardwalk, then come back to OKW and take one family of 6 to the Swan. (I would skip this next time...the driver was not good)

$250--Rehearsal "lunch" for the bridal party. The bridal party wanted Olive
Garden for dinner, but the restaurant did not accept reservations, and our rehearsal was a little late for the kids(7-8:30 pm). So 20 of us went to Olive Garden for a late lunch before the nail appointments. For the rehearsal dinner, we did something a little unconventional--a cook-out at the pool at OKW. We requested that our group all be near each other in the Turtle Pond area of Old Key West. My sister, mother, and one of our friends prepared dinner for us at the Grand Villa while we went to the Swan for the rehearsal. My sister and a family friend grilled chicken breast and hamburgers while my mother made salads, chili, beans, and cut up fruit. One of the bridesmaids is a bartender who mixed up drinks, and the kids swam in the pool. It sounds wierd I know, but it was great. Total cost was about $200, which my mother insisted on paying. My 8-year-old nephew has been showing all of his friends his picture of him in the hot-tub with 4 bridesmaids in their 20's...priceless!

We are DVC members and used all of our available points to book rooms for our family and as many guests as we could. Anyone in the wedding got at least one free night with my points, then I rented points from other members for the rest of the nights for them, which they paid for. In all, I paid for 14 studio nights(spread out over 4 families) and 1 night in a 1-bedroom at Old Key West. We had a 2-bedroom for 8 nights, followed by 3 nights in a Grand Villa for our family and a few guests. About half the guests booked rooms nearby: my mother, brother, sister and nephew were at Bonnet Creek using my mother's Wyndham points, 5 young guests(in their 20's) were in 3 rooms at the Comfort Inn on Palm Parkway, and the folks from Holland and Germany booked houses nearby. I just wouldn't know how to figure the cost of rooms.

I apologize if this is too much information for some, and hope it helps others. I found a lot of useful information on this board when I was researching and would like to return the favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter