Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

That still seems like a good value to me, considering what the Swan offers in terms of venue, service, and vendor flexibility. I was married in 2013, and even back then, an apples to apples comparison showed me that I would have saved money if I'd chosen an Escape ceremony at Sea Breeze Point. But I was able to customize much more than an Escape package would have allowed.

The 2700$ site fee only includes seating, water station, and a back up rain location I believe, plus a day of coordinator...the price increase is nearly 650.00 more than last year! That's a huge increase in my opinion. I was hoping to do a vow renewal one day but this prices me out of a swan/dolphin sadly :(.

Hello!

I had done a thread about thinking of being an Escapes bride but now I've discovered this and I think I like this better!

Even with the price increase, I believe this is better? Especially if you want upgrades. Also, Swan and Dolphin is so beautiful itself, its much more convenient to stay here and get married all in the same place. And bonus points for such a great location.

I looked through the thread but not all pages (this thread has been around for a long time!). Hoping some more recent S/D brides can answer my Q's!

1. The current site fee is $2700. I am kind of confused. Is there an additional per guest fee just for the ceremony? Or not? (Would have only 7-8 guests.)

2. I would want a cake and champagne reception - how long is this small reception?

3. Is their champagne gluten-free?

4. How long do the characters stay? (There is nothing on their sites about this that I can find, if they do it anymore.)

5. Where is it held?

6. Is there a per guest fee for this type of reception?

7. Do they have alternative gluten free dessert (in addition to cake) that we could order for reception for gluten free guests?

8. Does ceremony musician stay to play reception or leaves?

9. Do they close of west courtyard to other guests if that's where you want your wedding?

10. What does photography take place? Are they forbidden areas where you can't take pictures? (Of course besides in the parks themselves.)

11. Does the cake come with a topper already (if it does,what is it?) ? Or do you have to bring your own?

I am so sorry I have so many questions, I just want to get a really clear picture so I can effeciantly decide.

I'll answer what I can from researching for the Swan & Dolphin section of my book, but a lot of these questions (like the gluten-free ones) are best answered by one of the wedding coordinators who do weddings at the Swan & Dolphin. Check out Just Marry. You can see details of their Swan & Dolphin packages HERE.

1. The current site fee is $2700. I am kind of confused. Is there an additional per guest fee just for the ceremony? Or not? (Would have only 7-8 guests.)

There is no additional fee per guest.

2. I would want a cake and champagne reception - how long is this small reception?

20-30 minutes

4. How long do the characters stay? (There is nothing on their sites about this that I can find, if they do it anymore.)

Yes, characters are still available. You get them for 30 minutes.

5. Where is it held?

Wherever your cake and Champagne reception is.

6. Is there a per guest fee for this type of reception?

You mean with characters? The cake & Champagne reception is part of your package, and you just play Disney's flat rate of $1,150 for the first character and $500 for each additional character at the same appearance (Just Marry works with Disney Event Group to schedule the appearance).

7. Do they have alternative gluten free dessert (in addition to cake) that we could order for reception for gluten free guests?

I'm sure they can work something out. They're always going on about their award-winning pastry chef, after all!

8. Does ceremony musician stay to play reception or leaves?

Stays.

9. Do they close of west courtyard to other guests if that's where you want your wedding?

They put up a sign, and your coordinator will be there to direct people around the area.

10. What does photography take place? Are they forbidden areas where you can't take pictures? (Of course besides in the parks themselves.)

Wherever you want that's within a reasonable distance of the ceremony site. You can also pay for more time if you want to go further afield.

11. Does the cake come with a topper already (if it does,what is it?) ? Or do you have to bring your own?

Usually brides bring their own. They may be able to help you buy one if you're stumped for ideas. But there isn't one included in the package like with Escape.

Here's my Swan & Dolphin wedding overview show with Susan from Just Marry.

And here are all my interviews with Swan & Dolphin couples.

I'm getting married there in May!! I can't wait! They've been so helpful. It's super easy. Anyone looking to book a reception should check out the House of Blues. Jaime is great.

Hi all,

After much deliberation, I think we may have finally decided on S/D. I like how much flexibility there is compared to DFTW. It's just not doable for us to be so restricted with guests' schedules and the amount of people we have is just over the Escape limit. Even though SBP was my dream location in which to say my vows, I think this will be more of a value in the end. I had a question, though for anyone who has been married at S/D recently:

When I was looking through their FAQs section on S/D's official website I noticed that they no longer offer a bridal suite. Can anyone tell me about this or confirm? It's not that I don't believe their website, but this is something I've always heard about and I don't know why they'd suddenly stop offering it. This was a big draw for me to S/D, and while it won't deter me from booking there, it is definitely disappointing.

TIA for your help!

Hi all,

After much deliberation, I think we may have finally decided on S/D. I like how much flexibility there is compared to DFTW. It's just not doable for us to be so restricted with guests' schedules and the amount of people we have is just over the Escape limit. Even though SBP was my dream location in which to say my vows, I think this will be more of a value in the end. I had a question, though for anyone who has been married at S/D recently:

When I was looking through their FAQs section on S/D's official website I noticed that they no longer offer a bridal suite. Can anyone tell me about this or confirm? It's not that I don't believe their website, but this is something I've always heard about and I don't know why they'd suddenly stop offering it. This was a big draw for me to S/D, and while it won't deter me from booking there, it is definitely disappointing.

TIA for your help!

I think your best bet is to contact Just Marry & ask. I got married at the Swan in 2011, but we ended up getting a bunch of perks that I don't recall being listed on their site-customized cake design with no extra charge, bridal suite, majorly upgraded rooms for both my DH & I and for my parents, we were able to play around with the reception menus, etc.... My planner & catering coordinator were super easy to work with & very flexible and laid back.

I don't know how the website is now, but back then, I found the website info to be quite limited. I learned a ton more after speaking to the JM representative. Good luck! Having a Swan wedding was the best choice we ever could have made. Our wedding was perfect & definitely had that "Disney magic" :)

Hi all,

TIA for your help!

I booked my June 2015 Swan & Dolphin ceremony through Just Marry. I requested the suite. They tell you that it is not guaranteed, but you can have it if it's available. I was able to use I believe the "Dove" room (hope I remember correctly). The space is really more of a conference room than a suite, but it is large and it has a bathroom.

Anyone book recently since the new $3300 ceremony site fee that says up the 3 hours and the food and bev included for up to 20 people?

I have received an email from Leanna and think we finally picked our date, April 14th!

I am looking into either Kimonos or fresh market for a dinner after. I see the price list online for Kimonos but the link for fresh market doesn't list pricing just guest amounts.

I have received an email from Leanna and think we finally picked our date, April 14th!

I am looking into either Kimonos or fresh market for a dinner after. I see the price list online for Kimonos but the link for fresh market doesn't list pricing just guest amounts.

dp911, did you go with one of their packages or did you do a custom package? I'm debating where I want to do my wedding, and S/D is still in the running :) I too was thinking about the Fresh Market! Did you find any info on that?

Congratulations on your engagement and soon to be wedding :flower:

dp911, did you go with one of their packages or did you do a custom package? I'm debating where I want to do my wedding, and S/D is still in the running :) I too was thinking about the Fresh Market! Did you find any info on that?

Congratulations on your engagement and soon to be wedding :flower:
same here. After crunching numbers if I can keep my guest count to 18, escape is a better option for us, with a catered event after at ariels or the attic. If the guest count is higher. s/d is more cost effective than disney. My DH really wants a dessert party and I really want to wear my dress to it also.

same here. After crunching numbers if I can keep my guest count to 18, escape is a better option for us, with a catered event after at ariels or the attic. If the guest count is higher. s/d is more cost effective than disney. My DH really wants a dessert party and I really want to wear my dress to it also.
I too am leaning more towards Escape and just keeping my numbers down. I definitely want the desert party too :P Do you know what a catered event would cost at the Attic?

Also, I've been thinking of just doing a later ceremony and then having the 'reception' and desert party combined. Serving more savory foods in addition to the deserts, although I'm not sure the cost on that idea either

I too am leaning more towards Escape and just keeping my numbers down. I definitely want the desert party too :P Do you know what a catered event would cost at the Attic?

Also, I've been thinking of just doing a later ceremony and then having the 'reception' and desert party combined. Serving more savory foods in addition to the deserts, although I'm not sure the cost on that idea either
The attic has a food and bev mini of $1000 with events ending before 5pm and $2500 food and bev after 5. I was thinking that too with having the latest ceremony which is 5pm right? so a hour for that puts us at 6pm and I think you go to Epcot for DP around 7:45 at international gateway. which would work great as I want at least a hour for photos after ceremony and with the catered event your reception starts a half hour after ceremony which is not a lot of time!

Hi all! I am planning a S/D wedding at the crescent terrace May 2017. I was planning on having a private dinner at the Bluezoo following that. I was hoping to get some feedback from other brides who have done it this or something similar. I'm mostly worried about the timeline between the ceremony, photography, and cocktail hour/dinner. Just hoping to get some suggestions and tips. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter