Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

We did not do our ceremony with them, but had a full reception for 55 guests for about $10K for the food and open bar. They let me bring in an outside cake (one that I got through my ceremony with Disney) and just charged me a small fee.
I believe you did the Yacht, is there any way you remember the rooms that were booked? I'm looking to do something similar, and want to see what it would look like - so was going to stay so room numbers would be awesome.

I believe you did the Yacht, is there any way you remember the rooms that were booked? I'm looking to do something similar, and want to see what it would look like - so was going to stay so room numbers would be awesome.

Do you mean our room numbers at the Yacht? We had 4081 & 4083! Direct views facing the Gazebo from the top floor, which has the longest balconies :) please let me know if you meant something else though!

Do you mean our room numbers at the Yacht? We had 4081 & 4083! Direct views facing the Gazebo from the top floor, which has the longest balconies :) please let me know if you meant something else though!
That's exactly what I was asking for. We are looking to do a similar setup that you did.
We are invited 37 people, and figure we might be inspired by your setup. Still going to be pricey, but I think cheaper than other packages.

Did the S&D have a place to hook up a microphone or a music setup?

That's exactly what I was asking for. We are looking to do a similar setup that you did.
We are invited 37 people, and figure we might be inspired by your setup. Still going to be pricey, but I think cheaper than other packages.

Did the S&D have a place to hook up a microphone or a music setup?

That’s GREAT! So exciting to hear someone else getting inspo from our set up! Let me know if I can help in any way, seriously!

We did a DJ package from an outside vendor and he had no problem setting up. I’m sure they have some sort of audio you could rent from them but I’m not sure how that works or what pricing looks like since we went the DJ route :upsidedow

Ah! I’ll have to look into a DJ. I saw you mentioned the 10k price, was that just catering?

I was even thinking of adding renting 3-4 boats for a firework show in Epcot...but might be too much hassle.

Ah! I’ll have to look into a DJ. I saw you mentioned the 10k price, was that just catering?

I was even thinking of adding renting 3-4 boats for a firework show in Epcot...but might be too much hassle.

Yes sorry the $10K was for food and beverage and tax and gratuity and such! So we did pay an additional $600 for the DJ and we upgraded our decor but S&D did provide basic centerpieces and linens if you wanted to go that route to stay within a lower budget!

The boats sound lovely! It would be a little bit of a hassle, but it would definitely be unique and fun!!

Yes sorry the $10K was for food and beverage and tax and gratuity and such! So we did pay an additional $600 for the DJ and we upgraded our decor but S&D did provide basic centerpieces and linens if you wanted to go that route to stay within a lower budget!

The boats sound lovely! It would be a little bit of a hassle, but it would definitely be unique and fun!!
Did you have a rain backup?

Did you have a rain backup?

We did! For Yacht it was one of the ballrooms with Ariel’s as another potential backup if no other party had booked it. For S&D it was the Osprey ballroom! I liked that one because when we went for our tasting they showed us how it had both indoor and outdoor seating so if the rain did let up at some point we could open the doors and have the outdoor element again. The brand new Splash event room is also a good option! Floor to ceiling windows and the capeting and colors are really nice!

We did! For Yacht it was one of the ballrooms with Ariel’s as another potential backup if no other party had booked it. For S&D it was the Osprey ballroom! I liked that one because when we went for our tasting they showed us how it had both indoor and outdoor seating so if the rain did let up at some point we could open the doors and have the outdoor element again. The brand new Splash event room is also a good option! Floor to ceiling windows and the capeting and colors are really nice!
Yes I like the rain backups I’ve seen so far, I guess I mean for the additional people you had in the balconies. Sorry should have been clearer. We are getting a little push back about live streaming if it gets rained out. I’m willing to take the chance and if people are upset...they need to drink more at the reception!

Yes I like the rain backups I’ve seen so far, I guess I mean for the additional people you had in the balconies. Sorry should have been clearer. We are getting a little push back about live streaming if it gets rained out. I’m willing to take the chance and if people are upset...they need to drink more at the reception!

Ah, okay! Yeah we didn’t have a backup for the viewers in the rooms I was very worried about that!! I basically just said to myself hey if that is the outcome, everyone will just have to understand. I felt harsh having that opinion but that was the only way I could truly have the vision I wanted with everyone around. We also said to our planner we would be ok going in the rain as long as it wasn’t pouring, and the roombalconies are covered so those people would be dry.

I think your idea of live-streaming is a great option! You could also ask them to leave the doors to the ballroom open and the lurkers could watch from the hallway? But I still think your live-streaming option is a perfect compromise if you have to be moved inside. What month are you getting married in?

Oh awesome!! You should have great weather then, April is gorgeous! A little on the warm side but usually very little rain :upsidedow

Oh awesome!! You should have great weather then, April is gorgeous! A little on the warm side but usually very little rain :upsidedow

That's great you will have small chance of rain! We got married in December, which also has a small chance of rain & the weather ended up to be perfect on our wedding day. While our reception room at the Swan was very pretty, I was not a fan of the indoor back up location for Crescent Terrace. It was basically just a hallway & I was glad we didn't end up there.

The justmarry folks waited so long to get back to us and said the April dates we wanted were sold out due to convention goers.

It was rather frustrating and I get it...we changed and went with the Waldorf instead...

The justmarry folks waited so long to get back to us and said the April dates we wanted were sold out due to convention goers.

It was rather frustrating and I get it...we changed and went with the Waldorf instead...
This is my fear, and my sons fiance's fear.
We have asked for a hold on a date in May 2020, and it has been two months since the request was made.
Keep being told that they are waiting for the hotel to confirm and place a hold on the date/venue.

I didn't imagine it would take this long for them to confirm and take our deposit.........
I already booked 8 DVC rooms at the Beach Club for some of our family, and I know it will be a pain to change dates on that since BCV books up so far in advance. I told my sons fiance if we change the dates, we may have to move to OKW or SSR, which isn't the end of the world but BCV would be more convenient, especially for our elderly guests.

I've gone back quite a few pages so far, but have not read the whole thread yet, so I apologize if this has already been asked. I have been looking at the S&D page as well as the JustMarry site, and have a few questions. What exactly does the food and beverage included entail and do you have to use it? Do you have to do one of the packages listed or is it completely customizable? We were hoping to do a brunch reception at a Disney venue (Ariel's/Attic, and I realize we would need to use catered events and not DFTW). On the JustMarry site it has just cake and champagne/cider listed as an option - do we have to choose one of there? Could we have the cake provided moved/delivered to say the Attic or Ariel's? Or can we have the cake made at Boardwalk or Y&BC bakery for the venue we choose for reception? Ahhh! So many questions!

Welcome!

What exactly does the food and beverage included entail and do you have to use it?

It's just an appetizer/dessert package—you can see the options here: https://www.wdwswananddolphin.justmarry.com/product-category/ceremony-food-and-beverage/

Just Marry is pretty flexible. They'll probably let you drop it from the package if you don't need it.

Do you have to do one of the packages listed or is it completely customizable?

The venue prices listed here are the lowest you can go and then customize as you wish: https://www.wdwswananddolphin.justmarry.com/product-category/ceremony-locations/

We were hoping to do a brunch reception at a Disney venue (Ariel's/Attic, and I realize we would need to use catered events and not DFTW). On the JustMarry site it has just cake and champagne/cider listed as an option - do we have to choose one of there? Could we have the cake provided moved/delivered to say the Attic or Ariel's? Or can we have the cake made at Boardwalk or Y&BC bakery for the venue we

Disney will not allow you to bring in an outside cake made by the Swan & Dolphin to your catered event. And they will not let you add anything wedding-like, including a wedding cake, to your catered event if you aren't also having a Disney wedding. So your best bet is to cut and eat the cake provided at the Swan and then send it back to your room or check it with Bell Services somewhere til after the catered event.

Here are all my interviews with Swan & Dolphin couples so you can hear what they've done: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/?s=swan

And here is an overview of planning a non-wedding catered event (complete details are in my guidebook): https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Ah Lurky! Thank you as always. We want to do a two tier naked cake with maybe some fresh floral on it, so nothing that looks too wedding-y. Is that definitely something the Boardwalk or Y&BC bakery won't do for us? And is that something we can probably upgrade with the Swan cake, or we're maybe looking at using It's Tasty Too?

Ah Lurky! Thank you as always. We want to do a two tier naked cake with maybe some fresh floral on it, so nothing that looks too wedding-y. Is that definitely something the Boardwalk or Y&BC bakery won't do for us? And is that something we can probably upgrade with the Swan cake, or we're maybe looking at using It's Tasty Too?

The Swan's pastry team can totally make that for you, if they're even the ones who do the cakes for Just Marry. I feel like maybe it's actually It's Tasty Too or some other approved vendor...

Y&BC and BoardWalk could make you one if you had it delivered to a room. But to order a cake for delivery to the Attic, you're going to have to go through your event planner, and some of them are more strict about the no-wedding-stuff rule than others, so it's hard to say whether they'd let you do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!