Swan or Dolphin ?

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
I know this has probably been asked a jillion times...
Did a search to no avail, so here it comes again..

Been to WDW more times than I can count. The stay is only a one night stay to visit my sister who is staying at Kidani while on vacation. We are taking her to Shula’s, and don’t want to drive home after boozing at Shula’s.

The prices look extremely reasonable (compared to Disney Boardwalk Resorts), and within a few bucks of each other.
I have never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin, and am unaware of the differences.

Any help is appreciated... thanks!!

PS... does the Swolphin give access to the on site bucket for park reservations?

Biggest difference is in size of the building(s). The Swan is 1/2 the size of the Dolphin but may not be an issue depending on when you travel and how open the Dolphin is at that time.

Also 2 sinks in a standard Swan room, 1 in the bathroom and 1 in the alcove across from the closet. Dolphin standard rooms on have 1 sink.

@Julie Amber covered the standard room bedding differences above...

Dave

I've only stayed at the Swan and it was really nice BUT if you are a party of 1 ( not sure if you are traveling with someone where the smaller bed would be an issue ) I'd do Dolphin. I say Dolphin based on a. after dinner it's an easy elevator ride back to your room and 2. Finn for after dinner cocktails. If you are into whiskey, they have an amazing smoked old fashion.

Thank you to all for the responses!
I chose the Dolphin for one main reason.... it let me book it using my Bonvoy points. For some reason the Swan kept jamming up when I tried to book with points.

Anyway, now I cannot add the confirmation number to MDE. I figured I’d give it a day to get into the system, then call if I still can’t add it tomorrow.
Thoughts??

Thanks again!

Thank you to all for the responses!
I chose the Dolphin for one main reason.... it let me book it using my Bonvoy points. For some reason the Swan kept jamming up when I tried to book with points.

Anyway, now I cannot add the confirmation number to MDE. I figured I’d give it a day to get into the system, then call if I still can’t add it tomorrow.
Thoughts??

Thanks again!
It takes 1-2 days for your Dolphin or Swan confirmation to be recognized by MDE.

There is an active thread for the Swan and Dolphin, which might be useful to you.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...olphin-resorts-information-questions.3264274/

I know this has probably been asked a jillion times...
Did a search to no avail, so here it comes again..

Been to WDW more times than I can count. The stay is only a one night stay to visit my sister who is staying at Kidani while on vacation. We are taking her to Shula’s, and don’t want to drive home after boozing at Shula’s.

The prices look extremely reasonable (compared to Disney Boardwalk Resorts), and within a few bucks of each other.

Any help is appreciated... thanks!!

PS... does the Swolphin give access to the on site bucket for park reservations?
Whichever is cheaper

Wow, I was just coming here for this exact question.
We are looking to try to do 10-14 days and although I always loath thinking of a split stay,
I could book Swanphin for half the price, and walk to Epcot and MGM.
Just have to check the link above to see if they have microwaves and/or mini fridges.
Hoping people like these hotels (we only stay using our DVC, usually 1-2 bedrooms) since I don't have any DVC points left for the year.

Thank you.

Wow, I was just coming here for this exact question.
We are looking to try to do 10-14 days and although I always loath thinking of a split stay,
I could book Swanphin for half the price, and walk to Epcot and MGM.
Just have to check the link above to see if they have microwaves and/or mini fridges.
Hoping people like these hotels (we only stay using our DVC, usually 1-2 bedrooms) since I don't have any DVC points left for the year.

Thank you.

The rooms have fridges, but not microwaves. There might be a microwave to use in Picabu (the 24 hour casual food place), but I’ve never seen them.

I have enjoyed our stays at the Swan and Dolphin (giving the edge to the Swan as it’s a Westin where the Dolphin is a Sheraton).

I also don’t care for split stays!

they are essentially the exact same experience. You are splitting hairs trying to decide between the two.

FInd a good deal and book it with confidence.

I’ve stayed at both as well. Actually like the dolphin better because they have a nice coffee/fast food restaurant as well as more restaurants and bars. I thought the rooms were more refurbished there as well. However, they are both nice and so well located. You can’t go wrong with either.

The Swan is better. The rooms, hallways and service seems to better. You can always walk over to the Dolphin to use their amenities.

We’re here now. Don’t book either. It’s been the worst trip ever because of staying at the Swan. I’ve never seen worse customer service in my life and they’ve messed up absolutely everything including an EXTRA $2000 charge on my account because they screwed up. Not worth it. Just book through Disney. I wrote a quick synopsis of what happened. Check it out

We stayed at S&D last year for a short weekend trip and liked it, mostly because we could walk to Epcot and HS. The access to two Disney theme parks by foot makes it a fantastic option in itself. I don't think I would say one hotel is better than the other. Look at the rooms and pick which one you like better or has a better price. The rooms were nice enough for us. We are typically at the parks all day, especially for our short weekend trips, so we don't care too much about our hotel or their amenities unless we are there for a week-long vacation.

The best reasons to stay here are definitely the price (if you can find a decent deal or use points) and the location.

We love it there and will staying there in 2 weeks. Sorry for such a bad experience but I think it is by far a great hotel and location for Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts