swap frame size?

pjpoohbear

<font color=blue>Back in DVC point Debt!<br><font
Ok ladies,

For our dis swaps what are the general measurement for photo frames?

Outside 4x6 or inside of the frame 4x6?

And how about an other shapes? Oval, circle, flower or diamond, should I go with an outside 4x6? Help from a newbie!

Penny

I asked this question recently - I forget which swap it was for though. I was told it should be big enough to hold a 4x6 photo.

However, you need to know that very often I've gotten swap frames that were done with the Sizzix frames, including for the last swap.

Ok, just a newbie, but what size does the sizzix frame die produce,

inside opening =?
outside of frame =?

So, for shapes best to do the squarish outside and the fun shape as the opening, that could allow the greatest freedom for the receiver, right?

Sorry - I was in the middle of something earlier. I wanted to give you the dimensions.

The jelly frame (rectangle inside, wavy outer edge) is 3.75x2.75 on the inside. (add about an inch at the widest part of outer edge)

The rectangle frame is 3 3/8 x 2.5 for the inside & 4 7/8 x 3 7/8 for the outer edge.

All those measurements are approximate - they vary by about 1/16".

Usually I see the inner edges being straight not wavy. For me, that would be the most useful I think. Others may feel differently.

Oh - and I should mention that the Sizzix frames have generally been layers....eg the jelly frame is laid on top of the rectangle as an embellishment.

HTH

NP, piratesmate.

Thanks for the help and info! I have all these pieces cut out and ready to run though the xyron but I was scared to cut the mats for the frames in case they were the wrong size, I am such a chicken. I want to double mat and have some really cute ideas to bring my character into the pieces.

Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter