Swapping contracts on an existing reservation

Kaufeegurl

Mouseketeer
I have searched the boards and couldn’t find the answer to the question with a reservation booked outside a home window. We own 2 contracts - BCV and SSR. I am piecing together a reservation for 10/25 - 28 (6 months). I also have 4 waitlists - 2 for each membership. If I make a reservation by piecing days together or waitlist becomes available with BCV points will MS be able to switch the reservation to SSR points? I am pretty sure the answer is yes but only by cancelling the reservation and hope to pick it up again - not a guarantee.

Since you have 2 memberships then the answer is no unless you transfer points from the membership with the SSR contract to the membership with the BCV contract.

If you had only 1 membership then it could be switched - actually you could do it yourself online. But that would mean only 2 waitlists too.

Since you have 2 memberships then the answer is no unless you transfer points from the membership with the SSR contract to the membership with the BCV contract.
So I could transfer SSR points to BCV and ask that those points be used for the reservation? I know transferred points can’t be used for a home reservation and I’m trying to preserve my BCV points for a home reservation next year.

So I could transfer SSR points to BCV and ask that those points be used for the reservation? I know transferred points can’t be used for a home reservation and I’m trying to preserve my BCV points for a home reservation next year.

Yes, as long as they are current points that you have to transfer and will work for the timeframe of the reservation. The MS CM would be able to make certain it will work before you do it if that ends up happening.

I'm not quite certain what you mean when you say that transferred points can't be used for home reservation? I'm going to guess that you mean that if the reservation were made in the home priority booking window and the transferred points were from a different home that they couldn't be swapped out and that would be correct. But since yours is not a home priority booking but is in the 7 month window then it should be able to be done. CM's seem a little squirrly about this process under the new management so explain what you want to do so you know ahead of time that they will do it for you.

Yes, as long as they are current points that you have to transfer and will work for the timeframe of the reservation. The MS CM would be able to make certain it will work before you do it if that ends up happening.

I'm not quite certain what you mean when you say that transferred points can't be used for home reservation? I'm going to guess that you mean that if the reservation were made in the home priority booking window and the transferred points were from a different home that they couldn't be swapped out and that would be correct. But since yours is not a home priority booking but is in the 7 month window then it should be able to be done. CM's seem a little squirrly about this process under the new management so explain what you want to do so you know ahead of time that they will do it for you.
Thank you so much for all the help! Yes, by "home reservation' I did mean home priority at 11 months. I am calling MS this morning for clarity on everything. Specifically because the SSR points I have to transfer would be 2020 points and I believe I can't do that until August 1, which is our UY. There seems to be some question here on the boards (at least the posts that I have been able to find) as to whether you can transfer only current use year OR pull from the next year also.

Thank you so much for all the help! Yes, by "home reservation' I did mean home priority at 11 months. I am calling MS this morning for clarity on everything. Specifically because the SSR points I have to transfer would be 2020 points and I believe I can't do that until August 1, which is our UY. There seems to be some question here on the boards (at least the posts that I have been able to find) as to whether you can transfer only current use year OR pull from the next year also.

You can transfer current and next years points. If you have an Aug UY that does mean you'd have to wait until after Aug 1, 2019. Remember that transferred points cannot be borrowed though. Only banked. So you could not transfer and use 2020 SSR points for a reservation for this Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!