SWDAS Disney Fantasy January 5-12, 2019 (Updated 1/30/19 with Grand Cayman charter boat)

Can't wait to read on!

Do you know what your dining rotation was? I'm going on the same cruise later this year and it would help our planning.

Thanks for doing such a detailed SWDAS report. This will really help with planning. Random question. Did they not do the Princess Leia apricot dessert in the MDR this year?

Thanks for doing such a detailed SWDAS report. This will really help with planning. Random question. Did they not do the Princess Leia apricot dessert in the MDR this year?
Hmmmm....good question. It might have been on the "no sugar added" side of the menu that I didn't take a photo of.

Love your SWDAS report! It’s fun to relive the cruise through your report. I miss the ship!!!

We felt very similar about a lot of the day. The Celebrate the Saga in the atrium was the biggest waste of time and let down. I wish the roaming characters had been easier to take photos with! We enjoyed the day, but also wouldn’t book solely because of SWDAS.

Random question. Did they not do the Princess Leia apricot dessert in the MDR this year?
They still have the Leia apricot dessert :) One of our table mates had it and I took a picture, so I know it was there.

Love your SWDAS report! It’s fun to relive the cruise through your report. I miss the ship!!!

We felt very similar about a lot of the day. The Celebrate the Saga in the atrium was the biggest waste of time and let down. I wish the roaming characters had been easier to take photos with! We enjoyed the day, but also wouldn’t book solely because of SWDAS.

They still have the Leia apricot dessert :) One of our table mates had it and I took a picture, so I know it was there.

Did you notice how at the end of Celebrate the Saga everyone was confused? Nobody was leaving right away because we were waiting for something else to happen.

Love the video! Thanks for sharing! Huge balcony! What stateroom were you in? Any vibrations from the ship?

That large balcony was cabin 8682. We loved it! We didn't experience bad vibrations except for the last night, when our clothes were off the hangars. They rattled a bit, so we took them off the closet rod and laid them on the floor. That solved the problem.

Love your trip report! Do you remember when they announced this was going to be a Star Wars cruise last year?
Do you think it will be the same dates in 2020?

Love your trip report! Do you remember when they announced this was going to be a Star Wars cruise last year?
Do you think it will be the same dates in 2020?
Last year, DCL announced the SWDAS dates on Jan 24. I would assume dates would be similar, although they've changed over the past few years (fewer dates available now).

I have another question. In your blog, you mention that you can sign up to pilot the BB-8s in the BB-8 races. Do you know where and when the sign-ups are? My son was very excited when he heard about the races.

Did you notice how at the end of Celebrate the Saga everyone was confused? Nobody was leaving right away because we were waiting for something else to happen.
I was irrationally irritated by it. We got there 15 minutes early to get a good spot to watch it and just kept waiting for something to happen! And nothing did. I don’t understand what the point was. I agree it would have been a better fit 10 minutes before the “show” on deck 11/fireworks.

I have another question. In your blog, you mention that you can sign up to pilot the BB-8s in the BB-8 races. Do you know where and when the sign-ups are? My son was very excited when he heard about the races.
A cast member was announcing sign-ups right there by the races (she was carrying around a clip board). The races were happening several times during the day and they went by quickly, so it didn't seem to be a problem to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!