Oh noooo!
I know, I have to admit I was more than a little bummed! But thankfully it wasn't my last ride on it. And well, now it's open again, so who knows what it's fate will be!

I'm doing well, but the job... not so much :sad2: Turns out being a director - no matter how small the place - is NOT for me, especially not in the middle of a pandemic :faint: You live and learn though, right? ;) Thank you for asking, that was sweet of you to remember :goodvibes
I am sorry to hear that! The pandemic is probably not helping. But it is always good to try! And like you said, now you know! Well, I hope you land on a job that you love more!

I love it! And what a great reminder of Sanaa every time you use it :thumbsup2
I just realized that I basically get food souveniers... Coffee Mugs and dip platters! Ha.

YES!!! I have never stayed at an EPCOT resort but it's definitely a dream of mine someday. I can't imagine just being able to walk to my fave park!!! :hyper:
It is fantastic! Even if you do just 1 or 2 nights of your trip. It is totally worth it!

Your MK morning sounds so perfect, and makes me wish I was there....even more so because it is snowing here right now, and I miss the sun!!
Snow!!! Yikes!!! No snow here yet. Although it did get cold finally... Last week it was 82 and then 2 days later 56. It was a really nice morning and we got a lot done!

This is actually the one attraction at WDW that I have NEVER been on!
I remember that story!

Great morning in the MK. I love that you're able to get on so many rides in such a short time. You have me interested in trying the play app after reading about your PP experience.

Day Seven: Finishing up our morning in Magic Kingdom

I left us off, finishing up our ride on Haunted Mansion. We went and used the best bathrooms Ever over by Rapnuzel's area. And then decided on a plan for the rest of our morning.
Best Bathrooms

We headed to Gaston’s Tavern for some food, a second breakfast, almost.
Gaston's

We weren't able to get a seat inside, but did eventually grab a table outside. It was probably prime time for here, as it was 10:30.

Food Model Gwen
Gwen went with her go to item here, the Macaroon sets. She always gets both sets since the first time she got them, we were on the dinning plan and they were considered snacks and we had plenty. And now we ALWAYS have to get both.

Macaroons
They are just ok. I would recommend getting the ones from the France pavillion over these. But they make Gwen happy so I will take it!

Cinnamon Roll
Morgan went with her go to, a Cinnamon Roll with extra icing! This is just ok to me. Morgan loves it but I feel like they tend to be a little dry.

Mo & CR
I think we also got a bottle of water, a cup of tap water and a diet coke for me and Andy. I had a different treat in mind, and was saving room for that.

We didn't take too long sitting, since we were outside it was hot. Plus we did have dinner plans tonight, and I def wanted us to head back to the resort and rest and possibly swim if the weather allowed it.

So, we headed out to do another ride, that didn't have a long wait, and that was The Little Mermaid Ride. This was still a walk on at this point.

Untitled

Untitled
Ariel is always a great host. And we were off the ride and ready for another snack!

Well, it was time for the snack I wanted to try! We headed over to Storybook Treats. I wanted to try the Peter Pan Float!

The line wasn't too bad, but it seemed to move pretty slow. But eventually we got to the front of the line. And I got my float!
Untitled
It's basically Sprite Soda with Lime soft serve and a white chocolate feather.

Untitled
And I loved it! I love tart things, and this was really good.

Untitled
Gwen stole my feather of course, and Andy, Gwen and I basically split this.

Untitled
Morgan decided she wanted to try the other specialty item they had here, the Rapunzel’s Lemon Ice Cream. Basically soft serve lemon with some real flowers in it and some sort of dust that did infact sparkle!

Untitled
It was so hot out, that, this one lick almost pushed the whole thing off of the cone! I had to ask for a cup and saved it from a death with the ground. LUCKILY!

These were our first ever treats from here, and there is NOT a lot of seating, and we ended up sitting across the way on the stone bench-ish area and ate our goodies.

Untitled
Gwen the stealer that she is, stole Morgan's flowers.

Peter!
As we sat and had our goodes we waw Peter Pan walking around playing with kids, which was super cute. And I do love that they started doing this. Although, who knows now what they will do!

After our snacks, we decided that it was time to leave the park. So, we headed back over to tomorrowland to pick up Morgan's phone case.

Pua Solved
She LOVED it!

Pua Puzzle Phone
She would have Gwen jumble it up and then while we were waiting for a ride she would solve it. I was afraid she would get it jumbled and wouldn't be able to fix it. But she hasn't had that problem yet!

We waited for People Mover on our way out. I wanted to take one more ride and Morgan didn’t want to wait since there was a line. But it wasn't too bad of a line, and the adults overruled this time. The wait was only 10 minutes and we were on!

People Mover

People Mover
Man, and now am I glad we rode! I fear that this may never re-open...

1Main Street
By 12:10 We were walking down Main Street to head out and went straight to the buses.

And of course, as we were on the bus, it started raining. Andy was convinced we would be able to make a lunch out of whatever was at the Club Level and I kept telling him I didn't think it was much for lunch.

But I let him have his way, and we headed back to the room to see what they had out but all it was just cookies and hummus.

So, we went to the room to decided what to do about lunch. Our room hadn't been cleaned yet and we had a very late dinner reservation, so we def needed to eat something. Eventually we decided to get lunch at the Pool Bar. So, we were hoping the room would get cleaned while we were gone.

It was still drizzling when we got down to the bar area, but we were able to grab one of the high top tables right by the bar with an umbrella.

Andy ordered the girls food from the quick service area and I ordered drinks and bar food at the bar area. It worked out well.

Chicken Nuggets in a Bucket
Gwen went with the Chicken Nuggets in a bucket. I think she mostly just wanted the bucket.

Ketchup Shovel
She was quiet pleased with herself, as she used the shovel to hold her ketchup...

Ketchup

Ketchup out of a shovel
She seriously thought she was hilarious.

I think Morgan shared with Gwen, as she was still full from all of her sweets in Magic Kingdom.

Nachos
Andy and I shared the Nachos. The website doesn't have them listed right now, but they were nachos with BBQ pork, fresh salsa, jalapenos, and an avacado crema. They were delisious. I love them and now have to get them at least once each trip when we stay at Yacht Club.

We also got and order of fries as well.
Fries
These came with an aoli dipping sauce and hit the spot as well. I love the waffle fries that they have on property.

I don't have pictures of it, but I know Andy got a beer of some sort and I got my Bourbon Breeze. This has also become my go to drink at the Yacht Club.
Bourbon Breeze
Jim Beam Black Extra-Aged Bourbon with Cranberry, Lime and Pomegranate Juices topped with Fever Tree Ginger Beer

All of the food hit the spot and eventually we made it back up to the room. I want to say we came back down to swim once the pool reopened up. I think we rested in the room for awhile, as it took awhile before they reopened. But I am pretty sure we took a quick dip in the pool.

Up next, and evening in EPCOT.

I left us off, finishing up our ride on Haunted Mansion. We went and used the best bathrooms Ever over by Rapnuzel's area. And then decided on a plan for the rest of our morning.
And you didn't take the Then and Now pic of the girls while you were there?! (wait...maybe you already did that on this trip. I can't remember, but every time we visit those beautiful bathrooms I think of your kids' picture growing taller each trip!)

Morgan went with her go to, a Cinnamon Roll with extra icing! This is just ok to me. Morgan loves it but I feel like they tend to be a little dry.
That's why you need all the extra frosting! :) Morgan's got the right idea!

:( Every time they postpone the opening I wonder the same thing....I sure hope we're wrong!

48701531421_f26088a112_z.jpg
LOL WHen I saw this picture, I thought to myself, Jimmy would eat that whole scoop.....and then she did!! I cracked up!

LOL WHen I saw this picture, I thought to myself, Jimmy would eat that whole scoop.....and then she did!! I cracked up!
Kids! Right?!?! It's funny, Morgan HATES ketchup!

And you didn't take the Then and Now pic of the girls while you were there?! (wait...maybe you already did that on this trip. I can't remember, but every time we visit those beautiful bathrooms I think of your kids' picture growing taller each trip!)
I was thinking the same thing, but I believe we did that earlier in the trip, to get it "out of the way".

:( Every time they postpone the opening I wonder the same thing....I sure hope we're wrong!
Me too!

Yummy treats! I love that Rapunzel cone, so tasty!
I can't remember if Morgan let me try it or not, but I love lemon. So, I would probably like it.

Loving your report!
Thanks! It has been great to get back at it. And brings back great memories.

We went and used the best bathrooms Ever over by Rapnuzel's area.

Totally agree! My favorite MK potties.

Gwen went with her go to item here, the Macaroon sets. She always gets both sets since the first time she got them, we were on the dinning plan and they were considered snacks and we had plenty. And now we ALWAYS have to get both.

I like the way she thinks.

It looks really good.

The line wasn't too bad, but it seemed to move pretty slow. But eventually we got to the front of the line. And I got my float!

Got this for the first time in January. It was very refreshing.

And Danielle got this in January. We were both happy with our treats.

As we sat and had our goodes we waw Peter Pan walking around playing with kids, which was super cute. And I do love that they started doing this. Although, who knows now what they will do!

I really miss these spontaneous moments.

Very cute phone case. Does she still use it?

I'm beginning to think the same thing.

She was quiet pleased with herself, as she used the shovel to hold her ketchup...

Great idea!

Andy and I shared the Nachos. The website doesn't have them listed right now, but they were nachos with BBQ pork, fresh salsa, jalapenos, and an avacado crema.

These look really good. Love me some Nachos.

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Saturday!!!

I hope everyone is surviving this election drama. I have personally never watched so much news! Oye! I don't know about you but I need some Disney to distract me right now! So, I am here to finish off our Friday day!

Day Seven: EPCOT in the Evening

I left off with us eating lunch by the pool and taking a swim. We also relaxed in the room, probably all took turns showering and getting ready to head out for the evening.

CL
I think one of the best things about being Club Level for the girls was getting to scan their bands to get on the "secret" floor.

I know we took advantage of the Club Level dinner options, but no pictures other than my beverage:
Untitled
Champagne? Yes! Please!

Around 6:00, we headed out to EPCOT.
Heading back out

Globe

We headed to the World Showcase entrance and headed towards Test Track. I believe we had a fastpass before this one, but we decided skip whatever it was. Probably figment...

Untitled
Our fast pass was from 6:10 - 7:10. We left our room at 6:10 and scanned our magic bands at 6:59. We clearly weren't in a rush!

Has anyone noticed the T design on the front of the building? This trip was the first that I noticed it.

Untitled
We got #5 and soon we were let into the room to design you car. They didn't fill the room, So, Andy and I got to create our very own cars! Sounds stupid, but we usually just let the girls design the cars, so it was a first for us both.

Untitled

Untitled
We were with a couple that went in Single Rider. They got a kick out of the girls. Gwen kept appoligized for driving so badly. It was cute and the couple thought it was hilarious.

Test Track

Untitled
So, I didn't write down who's car was who's but I "think" I am the green car with 209, the Gwen with the purple car and 202, Morgan with the teal car with 203 and Andy with the blue car at 196.

I won my first car! Morgan and Gwen got a big kick out of being so close.

We headed over to ride Spaceship Earth next.
Untitled

As we were getting in line (which I don't think there was any at this point of the day) we spotted Andy’s sister and family just a few cars in front of us. Morgan and Gwen LOVED this.
Spaceship Earth

You will be glad to hear that Andy and I were able to ride the ride in English! So, I was happy and felt much better at the ride closing after that.

We meet up with Andy's sister and family after. We didn't hang out for long as we had a dinner reservation to get to.

Gwen needed to use the bathroom, so we ran her over to the bathrooms while Andy's sister grabbed her wheelchair. We met up by Pin Trading and headed to dinner.

We were headed to La Hacenda. It was a first for us. Andy's sister's family have been there and love it. They had planned the late dinner, so they could see Illuminations while they ate. When we realized our trip overlapped, they added us to there reservation.

Coleman's & Saucier's r

Pyramid

Mexico
We got a nice family picture outside while waiting to be called inside.

It was informant, since we were such a large group, we were sat in the middle of the restaurant. So, we really couldn't see the fireworks. But we had good company.

I ordered a Margarita.
Piña Loca (Smokey Margarita)
Piña Loca (Smokey Margarita)
Ilegal Mezcal, Ancho Reyes Verde Liquor, Cherry Brandy Liqueur, Caramelized Pineapple, Served on the Rocks, With Black Ant Salt Rim

I want to say it was really good but I honestly don't remember at this point. I don't think I hated it. But I am a sucker for things smokey... I believe Andy ordered a Margarita as well. No picture of his.

I remember that I really wanted to try the fish tacos. So, I ordered those
Tacos de Camarones
Tacos de Camarones
Fried Shrimp, Chipotle-Lime Aïoli, Cabbage, and Salsa Verde on Flour Tortillas

And it I remember they we just ok. Not bad but nothing amazing.

Andy and Morgan decided to split a platter.
La Hacienda
La Hacienda
Grilled New York Strip, Pastor-marinated Organic Chicken Breast and Chorizo served with Vegetables and Esquites

They both seemed to enjoy it. Morgan is always happy with meat...

And, well Gwen ordered the very Mexican Chicken Nuggets! We all know what those look like. Honestly I don't think she was very hungry, as it was late for her.

The fireworks started while we had our dinner, and they turned the lights down in the restaurant so you could see them. But for us in the middle it was REALLY dark. They also gave us salsa and chips as does most mexican restaurants. I didn't like the salsa but Andy's sister loved it. So, a 50/50 review on that!

Andy's sister family was on the dinner plan, so they all ordered dessert and ALL ordered the flan. Since they were ordering dessert we picked out a dessert to share between the 4 of us. I don't remember what we got, but when they brought the desserts out, they gave us 2. so, we got an extra!

We asked if they took Tables in Wonderland but they didn't. Which was fine. But good to know! When we got the check, they didn’t charge us for desserts. Not sure if that was on purpose or not.

Everyone working there, was very nice and it was great service. But I was not impressed with the food. And I don't think we will go back. Maybe it's because we have plenty of good Mexican restaurants around home. But it was just ok.

Good Night EPCOT
We said good bye to Andy's family. they headed to the front of the park to get a bus. And we headed to the International Gateway.

I wasn’t completely sure when they closed International Gateway. The park was completely empty, it was about 10:15. We walked around toward Canada. I wanted to go toward Norway but Andy thought it would be faster. Which is might have been, but it would have been a nicer walk the other way. This has become a big argument between me and Andy. What do you think? from Mexico, which would have been shorter?

We were able to get out, headed to the room and went straight to bed. I do remember the lobby was pretty busy for that time of night. Probably one of the few times that I felt the convention crowd at this hotel.

Up next, our last full day!

Well, I hope you land on a job that you love more!
Thank you!

I just realized that I basically get food souveniers... Coffee Mugs and dip platters! Ha.
Ha! Nothing wrong with that, they must be such wonderful reminders of your trips every time you use them :thumbsup2

It is fantastic! Even if you do just 1 or 2 nights of your trip. It is totally worth it!
I must make that a must-do on my next trip... whenever that will be :sad:

I hope everyone is surviving this election drama. I have personally never watched so much news!
No kidding! I don't think I turned it off once between Tuesday evening and Saturday morning :faint: :laughing:

What a nice morning at MK and a lovely evening at Epcot :goodvibes And how funny you spotted Andy's sister and her family a couple cars ahead on SE! Although, that's how I met Su-Lynn and Steve for the first time... I happened to be a couple cars behind them on BTMMR several years ago! Disney magic I guess ;)

Great update. I am trying to figure out when we will be back. I have two choices for next year... what do you think? 1) our fall break is right at the 50th anniversay (Oct 2-8) or right when we get out for Christmas break coming back 12/23. I do hope for Tron to be open and the October dates makes me nervous for that.

Although, that's how I met Su-Lynn and Steve for the first time... I happened to be a couple cars behind them on BTMMR several years ago! Disney magic I guess ;)
It is the Disney Magic!!!!

Great update. I am trying to figure out when we will be back. I have two choices for next year... what do you think? 1) our fall break is right at the 50th anniversay (Oct 2-8) or right when we get out for Christmas break coming back 12/23. I do hope for Tron to be open and the October dates makes me nervous for that
That is tough! If you are hoping for tron, I would def say Christmas break... There have been rumors about Tron being delayed even longer than that! Both will be "busy". But of course, who knows what busy really means anymore. But I would lean towards the October break, personally. There will be lots of new things even if Tron isn't open in time.

I think one of the best things about being Club Level for the girls was getting to scan their bands to get on the "secret" floor.

I'm sure every kid would think this is cool.

Has anyone noticed the T design on the front of the building? This trip was the first that I noticed it.

I don't I have ever noticed this.

So, Andy and I got to create our very own cars! Sounds stupid, but we usually just let the girls design the cars, so it was a first for us both.

I have never created my own car.

I won my first car!

Congrats!

Everyone working there, was very nice and it was great service. But I was not impressed with the food. And I don't think we will go back. Maybe it's because we have plenty of good Mexican restaurants around home. But it was just ok.

Sounds like it was just ok all around. At least you can mark another one off your list.

I just got all caught up on this trip report! I have been out of the trip report reading game for a while, probably because of jealousy since I don't have any trips on the horizon. But I love the report! I really liked the outfits that Minnie and Daisy were wearing when you met them by the pool. :)

I'm sure every kid would think this is cool.
Right?

I just got all caught up on this trip report! I have been out of the trip report reading game for a while, probably because of jealousy since I don't have any trips on the horizon. But I love the report! I really liked the outfits that Minnie and Daisy were wearing when you met them by the pool. :)
Welcome Back! i totally know what you mean about being jealous. I was mia here alot. And even now reading some of the trip reports is hard for me. Some days it just makes me sad. But reliving this trip report has helped me get out of that funk a little.

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. We are hanging in there. We are having Thanksgiving by ourselves this year. And while I think my mom is a little sad about it. I am way less stressed about the holiday! And Morgan is just happy about getting to stay in PJs all day...

The girls school is switching from a hybrid modle to all remote next week. So, we are figuring all of that out. The school is extending the school day and they have "new" rules for the kids. So, it almost feels like they are starting school all over again. I am sure it will be fine but just an adjustment.

I am going to try and gett through this next day, as it is our last day! I am itching to start our December trip from last year, as we left on Black Friday. And I would love to start it soon! But I have to finish this one first!

So, let's get to it!

Day Eight: Magic Kingdom

Today was Game Day at the park. We weren't complety sure what to expect crowd wise. But Andy was intrested in checking it out. And since today was our last day we had a few last things we wanted to do. So, we decided to get up and get to the park early but not rush TOO much!

We were all up around 8.

Untitled
Tink left us all shirts for the day. I loved these shirts and they were a big hit with everyone.

Untitled

By 9:15 we were on a bus to Magic Kingdom. I am pretty sure we grabbed quick breakfast from concerge again but have no notes about it.

Untitled

And we were in the park around 9:45.

We were greated with this crowd when we walked in:
Untitled

Untitled

We kind of checked out what they had set up but there wasn't anyone out just yet.

So, we moved down mainstreet.
Main Street
Mainstreet was fine.. It was just everyone who wanted to see Game Day filmed.

Andy wanted a family picture since we were wearing our ride shirts. There was a photopass guy with only 1 person, so we jumped in line for him.

Gwen had been wanting to meet Stich. We had never met him before and all week the line had been kind of long when we would look. Morgan wasn't happy, as she wanted to go and ride Space Mountain sine the wait was long. But we said we would do that after.

We got in line around 10:00 and were meeting Stich by 10:15.

Welet Gwen go first by herself. She wanted to get a selfie with Stich.

Untitled
Here is Photo Passes version of the shot.

And What Gwen got..
Untitled
Amazing... Her little arms didn't really get a good selfie but I love it.

Stich was great fun! We sent Morgan over next to get a photo

I can't remember what Sttich did to Morgan but he did something funny that got Morgan "into the meet"
I honestly can't remember but I am pretty sure Morgan eneded up liking the meet.

And then we Andy and I jumped in.

503864497 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

After Stich, me and the girls went to get in line for Space Mountain. And Andy headed back to the front of the part to check out the Game Day. It worked out well as the girls had no intrest in Game Day and Andy's back couldn't handle riding Space again.

On our way to Space we saw a Cast Member making water art!

We always love seeing the water art.

We got in line right at 10:15. When we had gotten to the park Space was 40 minutes and had only gone up by 5 minutes. So, I did think our Stich stop was worth it.

The benefit of having to wait in line, you notice things...
Untitled
Like this planet view on the ceiling!

And some random panels in line...
Untitled

We waited the full 45 minutes, as we were ready to ride at 10:57.
Untitled

by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

While we were in line to go to space, Andy checked out Game Day and got himself an iced coffee from Starbucks.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I think he enjoyed his time checking it out. And seriously it was perfect, the girls would have complained the whole time. And it think the 45 minutes was all he really needed. The colleges were both Florida teams, so he wasn't THAT invested in it.

After our ride in Space and checking out some football stars we met back up and headed to our first fast pass of the day.

Up next more rides...

What a great start to your last day! I think I saw a Haunted Mansion wallpaper backpack on the bus photo? That is my favorite pattern EVER! My phone case is the Haunted Mansion wallpaper and I'm obsessed :lovestruc Cute pics with Stich! :thumbsup2 Glad that it worked out that Andy could check out Game Day when you and the girls got on Space!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!