YUM!! I saw this on a blog post not long ago and really want one!
I liked that it was different. I find that they have some of the same drinks across property.

Your meal sounded delicious! I've added that to my list of places to go.
It was a great meal. I was debating trying to squeeze it in on our last trip but we probably won't. ;(

The lounge looks lovely, we are going to try it out soon. I have heard wonderful reviews of the cheese dip, yum!
Great pool pictures
It was def my favorite of the evening.

Sounds like a great dinner and a nice time at the pool! I'm glad Morgan was excited about Galaxy's Edge!
Morgan knows WAY too much about Star Wars.

Laughed out loud at your concern over Stacey being phased out potentially!
These are real issues!!!!

Glad you enjoyed Three Bridges! We thought it was just ok-the food and ambiance- but it was FULL of convention-goers that night and I think it put a damper on our enjoyment. I'd definitely go back at least for drinks! The views are definitely beautiful.

That sounds like a great dinner experience. I love that the lounge has the space for kids to lean against the tables; that's a favorite snacking method in my house.

Playing catch up as usual! Hope your holidays were fabulous!

When are you going in Feb? We are going for our last trip. We will be in Disney Feb. 7th to the 16th. We are flying American for this last trip. We are hoping we can collect miles with DH flying some for work.

We will be there feb 19-23 a short trip for the Princess race... only a 5k for this lady!

Love the pics the girls took around the resort so cute!

And Gwen LOVED IT!!!

I loved it to Gwen, but not so much these notes to tink! haha you poor unfortunate soul

Frozen Blended Agustín Blázquez Felipe II Solera Reserva Brandy, Torres Magdala Naranjas del Mediterráneo, Mango, Lime, Hibiscus Grenadine

It was really good! So, good I had 2! The cherries on the top kind of sunk to the bottom and we had a whole guessing game as to what they were. And for some reason cherries was not guessed! I don't know.... But they were good, they were not your standard red cherry.

UMM this sounds amazing! Sign me up!

Morgan and Gwen both wanted the special Tinkerbell Lemonades, and we let them, since it was the beginning of the trip!

I hate this stupid drink! luckily Dillon doesn't like Lemonade... but when we went to Disneyland a few years back she was just over 2 (last time i ran a race haha). We went to Blue Bayou and Dillon was a bit fussy she was 2 and it wasn't a huge deal, and this waitress bless her heart, brought this over, but she put Tink in the cup, and goes look Tinkerbell is caught in the cup can you let her out, and Dillon loved it, the waitress was really nice and trying to help. But for a good 6 months every time she got a drink she wanted to let tinker bell out! Happy we grew out of that one!

Morgan LOST ... HER ... MIND !!!! She was soooo excited.

OMG love her!!

Amazing start to the trip!

She said she wanted to do this each night! Which is so cute but really?!?! Like I don't have enough trying to remember to lay out the gifts before I pass out every night. Oye!
Think better get to finding all those ears :P

Funny aside Jason totally got busted being the tooth fairy over the weekend. Poor Casey was devastated and we felt like we crushed all her little childhood hopes and dreams 😢

Mango Fresco
Frozen Blended Agustín Blázquez Felipe II Solera Reserva Brandy, Torres Magdala Naranjas del Mediterráneo, Mango, Lime, Hibiscus Grenadine
I have absolutely no idea what most of this even is but it looks really refreshing and good!

Warm Manchego and Oaxaca Cheese Dip
chorizo, poblano peppers, tortilla chips

OMG! This was soooo good. I dream about it. Morgan even tried it and liked it alot and got her to try 2 other cheese dips over the course of the trip.
Oh we would so be all over this. Looks and sounds absolutely amazing!!!!

Grilled Sirloin Steak
Grilled Sirloin Steak on a grilled baguette, pepper relish, 63° egg
Man, this place looks amazing. Between the food and the atmosphere it definitely looks like the kind of place we would love.

She didn't love the shrimp part, so she basically ate the breaded part and passed the shrimp to Morgan.
:rotfl2: Only Gwen!

Morgan LOST ... HER ... MIND !!!! She was soooo excited.
Oh I'm so excited for her! I don't think I knew that you told the girls. We made sure to keep our mouths shut which as you know for me is really really hard

I was a little tipsy, ala @kastoney and I remember thinking I needed to write some tipsy notes! Ha. But of course I didn't...
I feel the tipsy notes spirit coming from you. It takes a lot of practice but I know you can do it one of these days :drinking1

:rotfl2: Our husbands are so cut from the same cloth

You're 3 pages in, and I was, of course, 3 pages behind!!!!! All caught up now just as the vacation is getting rolling!

Sounds like you had a nice visit with your grandparents. I'm so glad you were able to make this a part of your trip. Yay for new memories together (and Uno! We love Uno!) Having a car was nice, too, so you could pick up all those groceries, but I totally get that it didn't feel like vacation yet. Who wants to go grocery shopping when they're at Disney World?!

I'm enjoying Gwen's new-found picture taking fun!

Funny aside Jason totally got busted being the tooth fairy over the weekend. Poor Casey was devastated and we felt like we crushed all her little childhood hopes and dreams 😢
Oh, @kastoney that is the saddest thing ever!! Have you seen Grown Ups, the Adam Sandler movie? That's what it reminded me of :(

I am thinking this was potentially our last year of Jimmy believing in Santa and it's breaking my heart just to THINK of him finding out!!

Glad you enjoyed Three Bridges! We thought it was just ok-the food and ambiance- but it was FULL of convention-goers that night and I think it put a damper on our enjoyment. I'd definitely go back at least for drinks! The views are definitely beautiful.
There were def NO conventioners there when we were there. And I feel like that might be hit or miss for this place because of that.

That sounds like a great dinner experience. I love that the lounge has the space for kids to lean against the tables; that's a favorite snacking method in my house.
It was just what we needed that evening!

We will be there feb 19-23 a short trip for the Princess race... only a 5k for this lady!
Bummer, we will be there Feb. 7th - 16th. So, close.

I hate this stupid drink! luckily Dillon doesn't like Lemonade.
It's a bummer that they are the same options pretty much everywhere. Or maybe that is good. Then I can say we already have one.

But for a good 6 months every time she got a drink she wanted to let tinker bell out! Happy we grew out of that one!
Well, at least she used it... Got you money worth of that thing!

Oh no!!!! Did she connect the dots for the big guy? Poor Casey!

Man, this place looks amazing. Between the food and the atmosphere it definitely looks like the kind of place we would love.
You guys would def like it. But I dont' know if it is worth going to Coronado JUST for that. You know? On a side note, I AM DETERMINED to get to Nomad lounge this last trip!!! I am making a must do list and I am insisting we go. Thinking lunch.

I feel the tipsy notes spirit coming from you. It takes a lot of practice but I know you can do it one of these days :drinking1
I was too lazy...

You're 3 pages in, and I was, of course, 3 pages behind!!!!! All caught up now just as the vacation is getting rolling!
You came just in time!

I am thinking this was potentially our last year of Jimmy believing in Santa and it's breaking my heart just to THINK of him finding out!!
You would be suprised, Morgan hasn't OFFICIALLY said she doesn't believe. For the last 3 or 4 years, I keep saying this is it. But the girls just keep going with it. I think they know deep down, they just don't want to let go.

Day Two: Let's get this Vacation Started!

We had a big day today and we were ready to get this vacation started. We set our alarm for 6:30 to wake up and get moving.
Untitled
Our official plan for the day!

Gwen was first to stir and get up.
Just waking up

She was anxious to see what Tink had left them.
What did Tink Left

Checking out the goodies

Day Two Tinkerbell Gifts
Today was a bunch of supplies to help us get through the hot summer trip. The headbands were to be cool bands like the towels. They worked only ok. But still cute.

• Special Magic Bands
  • Cooling Headbands
  • Personal Fans
  • Pins to Trade
  • ReUseable Straws

For some strange reason, they were most excitied about the pouch of reusable straws!
YES! Straws!
Who knew!?!

I also made Andy write a note back to Gwen from Tink.
Tink's Note

Some how, even with waking up at 6:30, we didn't get to the bus stop will 8:30.
Bus Time
Apparently 8:34 to be exact! I had tried checking the bus times on the app in the room. But it wasn't working, so we headed down to see what it said at the bus stop.

The board said 8:40 but think it came a minute or two early. Either way, we were at security at 9:00.
Fans in Security Area

This was our first time with the temp set up here and it was fine but clearly temporary. Security itself was fine. But wish they had actual rows to keep people in line. Always seems to be someone trying to sneak ahead. Like getting 1 person ahead of you is going to get you there so much faster.

Monorail and temp wall
I hope they are almost done with all the construction in front of MK, cause all of the walls are kind of a bummer.

Inside MK
We were finally inside the park around 9:15. We also noticed this trip that there was no AP line at the entrance, which was a bummer.

Halloween is here.
Halloween was already up. Which I do have to say was weird. I get it but meh, I would have been ok with just regular MK in August.

Trolley Singers
We watched a tiny bit of the Trolly show as we walked by. But no one wanted to stop and watch.

Untitled

Gwen Vlogging
Gwen was trying to vlog something.... See her arm... She didn't understand that she needed to be keep the camera farther away.. Sigh...

We stopped for a photopass photo in front of the castle.

Castle Pic

We headed to Tomorrowland after. The girls almost always request Tomorrowland first.
Tomorrowland

We got in lIne for Speedway around 9:25. Line was posted for 20 - 25 minutes I think. But we decided to get in line, as I don't think I had Fast Passes for it at all. And the girls love it.

We put sunscreen on while waiting. And Andy snapped some pictures.
Waiting at Speedway

Morgan at Speedway

Pre-Teen Here we Come!
Which got old quickly...

I also got this alert on my phone while in line.
Welcome Push Message
I don't know why but I found this intresting.

The Ladies at Speedway
Eventually we were ready to drive a car! Exciting, I know!

I went with Gwen, and she made me video tape the whole thing. And it isn't very intresting... ha.

Andy went with Morgan.
Andy & Morgan driving
I am pretty sure he posted this with a comment about being the last time he will be excitied to be in a car with Morgan driving.

Andy thinking he is funny

Speedway
We finished our drive around 9:50. I was texting with a dis-celebrity around now. And we were working on meeting up.

We headed towards said dis-celebrity. We grabbed Cheshire Cat Tails for a breakfast for the girls and Gwen used the bathroom right there as well. No picture for some reason. Trip Reporting Fail.... But you have all seen them before. They are suprisingly tasty, I will say.

We headed out of tomorrowland. Andy wanted a picture and the girls didn't want to participate, So I had them take the picture.
Andy & Ariella
So, a rare picture of just me and Andy!

And then as we were headed towards the hub. We passed our Friend from college and her daughter. We didn't know they were going to be here, till the day we arrived. So, didn't have plans to really see each other. We stopped and said a quick hello. They had flow n in from California on the red eye, so the poor daughter was still practically asleep! And we took zero pictures to document the event!

But we departed ways and headed to our next desination!

Up next, our dis-celebrity meet!

Probably smart to knock out the Speedway as soon as you got to the park. I imagine it becomes brutal later in the day in the summer.

The girls' backpacks are so nice! I remember you telling me the bags were big enough for kids to carry around their own necessities for the day, and seeing it in the photos I can see why they would be perfect. *sigh* I think I'm going to have to relent and let Evie get one, eventually. :rotfl:

For some strange reason, they were most excitied about the pouch of reusable straws!
This made me actually LOL because all Jimmy did was complain the entire trip about how awful paper straws are! (He isn't wrong, but his moaning about it got old real quick!)

Jimmy loves the Tomorrowland Speedway, too. This trip was the first time he drove by himself and he felt like such a big shot!! To this day, it's the only attraction in MK I have never been on. I like to keep it that way, so I'm always ready for "Two truths and a lie" when I have to attend stupid staff development meetings! No one ever thinks it could be true that there's a ride I haven't been on at Disney World!

We aren’t big fans of the Speedway. I can see the thrill for young girls, actually driving a car, well sort of :hyper:
I think I know who the celebrity is, and if I am right, I do agree!
Well, technically you are one of the dis-celebrities... ha!

The speedway is def not high on my personal list but the girls love it. I just hope that they will upgrade it at some point.

Morgan is almost as tall as you!!
I know! And I think she has gotten taller since this trip! She is at the point that I just hope she keeps growing, I am not tall, so she needs to be at least as tall as me before she stops growning. It's a weird place to be!

The girls' backpacks are so nice! I remember you telling me the bags were big enough for kids to carry around their own necessities for the day, and seeing it in the photos I can see why they would be perfect. *sigh* I think I'm going to have to relent and let Evie get one, eventually. :rotfl:
I look at it, if they use it, it is worth it. And I do think we have gotten our moneys worth of ours. It is really nice to not lug all of their stuff. you will be surprised how liberating it is! And security goes by faster with each of us having our own bag, instead of a giant backpack.

Jimmy loves the Tomorrowland Speedway, too. This trip was the first time he drove by himself and he felt like such a big shot!! To this day, it's the only attraction in MK I have never been on. I like to keep it that way, so I'm always ready for "Two truths and a lie" when I have to attend stupid staff development meetings! No one ever thinks it could be true that there's a ride I haven't been on at Disney World!
YES!!!! When Morgan realized she could drive ALL by herself, it was AMAZING! And I get that. Just wish it was more cool that adults didn't hate it.

I love that people can't believe that there is a ride you haven't been on. I think we have been on just about everything now. We rode Liberty Bell at some point and I "think" that completed Magic Kingdom.

This made me actually LOL because all Jimmy did was complain the entire trip about how awful paper straws are! (He isn't wrong, but his moaning about it got old real quick!)
Ha! I got the idea after Gwen complaining about the paper straws. And they did come in handy!

Oh no!!!! Did she connect the dots for the big guy? Poor Casey!
In her head probably but she hasn't verbalized it yet.

You guys would def like it. But I dont' know if it is worth going to Coronado JUST for that. You know? On a side note, I AM DETERMINED to get to Nomad lounge this last trip!!! I am making a must do list and I am insisting we go. Thinking lunch.
Right now we are scheduled to be at Coronado in November so it just may work out.

Me too!!!!!!!!! I didn't even know these existed.

Andy & Morgan driving
I am pretty sure he posted this with a comment about being the last time he will be excitied to be in a car with Morgan driving.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We headed towards said dis-celebrity.
Such a cliffhanger :P

Oh, @kastoney that is the saddest thing ever!! Have you seen Grown Ups, the Adam Sandler movie? That's what it reminded me of :(

I think I saw the movie but it was before Casey was born so it didn't make a mark. We'll have go go back and watch it now. Jason got caught early in the morning while I was in the shower so nothing like your distraught child walking in on you in the shower and having no idea what is wrong.

I have a feeling you and I both will be in the Santa department this year. Way too soon and I'm not ready. We'll have to commiserate over Miller Lites together.

And security goes by faster with each of us having our own bag, instead of a giant backpack.

That was going to be my next question. If it slowed you down having extra bags at security?? Are they good about remembering it when getting off rides? Landon is so scatter brained, I have to remind him every morning to grab his school backpack. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter