Sweltering Summer or Crazy Crowds

teachmedis

Mouseketeer
Hi All, I haven't been kicking around the boards much lately--we just took a trip in April and I've been recovering from Disney Depression. But now I'm onto planning our next trip...in 2020. My options are Spring Break--Easter week or July. When we returned this year from Easter week we felt accomplished, we had beautiful weather and we coped with the crowds as best as we could--honestly I think we did darn well.
BUT boy were they big crowds and now for our next trip we're going for Star Wars Galaxies Edge so those crowds are going to be even bigger!
July looks awful in Florida, I'm watching my vloggers melt on screen. Daily rainstorms...I just don't know. So I'm asking you guys to weigh in, which would you pick? I'm planning on booking the room early because we want CBR, and I'd bet with the skyliner that resort is going to book up quickly.

Not wonderful choices, but I'd pick Easter. Do note that I really dislike heat and humidity. And part of Florida for me is spending time outside in glorious weather. Just people watching at the parks is nice, when the weather is nice like it is in the spring. If I by mistake happen to be in Orlando in the summer, you'll see me inside in the air conditioning, in the resort pool, at a waterpark, or at the beach (and there in the water). I LOVE the Orlando theme parks, but even with all that love in July I'd pass them up and stick to water based activities. You can see that I am a big heat/humidity weenie.

I feel for you though with that busy Easter week. I'm going during a spring break week too, but it's not Easter. Even that will have heavy crowds (the parks seem to have become more and more crowded at spring break, and given how nice the weather is then I can kind of see why.)

Another vote for Easter. I like leaving cool weather behind at home. Summer doesn’t do it for me.

Having gone at both times, we have said no way never again to summer. We found that we were so worn out from the heat and humidity we did less than on previous trips. We would rather deal with crowds than heat!

Even going to the pool during mid-afternoon breaks doesn't do much as the wooder gets warm!!

I did July last year and said never again in the summer. I just did June and said to my friend that I was going to be going with in September that she was free to find a new travel companion or we had to move the trip to November or December.

I have a can't move trip in October and after that I am sticking to November through April.

I’ll throw in a vote for July.

I’ve done several July 4th’s and Christmas and NYE, and I still have no desire to experience Easter. (I guess I need spexial fireworks)

Then, again, I live in the Midwest and left temps high 90’s with high humidity to FL with low 90’s and high humidity.

If you did ok with the Easter crowds before, I would do that.

I sympathize with you. We are left with the same choice these days now that we are tied to a traditional school calendar and Florida’s weather is so miserable for 4-6 months of the year! :)

I’ve done several July 4th’s plus a Christmas Day and NYE, and I still have no desire to experience Easter. (I guess I need special fireworks to make battling crowds)

Then, again, I live in the Midwest and left temps high 90’s with high humidity to FL with low 90’s and high humidity.

I’ve done several July 4th’s plus a Christmas Day and NYE, and I still have no desire to experience Easter. (I guess I need special fireworks to make battling crowds)

One plus for the summer is Disney does an overall excellent job controlling crowds!! I do not have the Easter/Spring Break desire either.

I’ve done several July 4th’s and Christmas and NYE, and I still have no desire to experience Easter. (I guess I need spexial fireworks)

Exactly this. Left home on the 5th of July to start our trip to Dis; the heat and humidity were worse at home in the midwest than in FL, and we couldn't believe how low the crowds were. I've done Easter, NYE, Christmastime (never Christmas Day), etc... and the crowds get to me worse than the heat.

While the crowds are smaller in summer anymore, the heat and humidity are so bad that it saps your energy and you get less done. You are forced to turn in early or leave for a mid day break. The last time my family went in July will be the last time if at all possible. Since it is always busy, why not have good weather? The marginal drop in crowds isnt worth 20 degrees and higher humidity to us.

We usually travel in November for Thanksgiving. We're from NYC, so crowds don't really phase us. If you have a good plan you can get a lot done.
We did 4th of July week this year, and vowed never again. It's hot and humid, and it rains with thunderstorms often enough to really mess with your day.

So I'd vote Easter as well.

I'd choose the crowds. We just got back from a 7 night/ 8 day stay and man... it was hotter than I thought it'd be. And we live in Houston so we're used to it. We will not be going back during the summer. We've always done Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas and will gladly continue this trend. Crowds over the sizzling summer!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!