SWGE - Chances of Soft Openings

DanielNYC

The wand always chooses the wizard!
Before Disney moved up the opening day, we'd already had a trip planned that will end on August 28 (the day before the official SWGE opening on August 29). Any thoughts on the chances of soft openings for the general public on the days leading up to the official opening? If there's a chance of this (and yes, I realize there's no way of knowing for sure), would you choose either the 27th or the 28th of August to be in Hollywood Studios for the purposes of trying to be "in the right place at the right time"?

I would say chances are very slim since they will have passholder previews. Media will also be there those few days before opening.

Yeah, I figured as much but thought I'd ask. Thanks for your input!

Not likely. My wife and daughter were there for the AP and DVC previews for Pandora. They had to get a reserved time about 3 months ahead of time. Their preview was before the media day.
If they were to do something like that for SWGE, it would have been sent to AP and DVC already.

I can see a very small chance they do something the day before it opens like they did for TSL but I would leave it slim to none leaning toward none.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!