SWGE Dos and Don'ts?

BobaFettIsn'tDead

Earning My Ears
Just wanted some opinions on what you absolutely must do in GE. We are a young couple that are fans, no kids. I know that there isn't alot at the moment, but I just wanted some perspective.
Thanks!:)

Just wanted some opinions on what you absolutely must do in GE. We are a young couple that are fans, no kids. I know that there isn't alot at the moment, but I just wanted some perspective.
Thanks!:)
I think Savi's is really cool, but it is $200+ a person for each lightsaber you build. Haven't done Droid Depot so I can't comment on that, but I know people who enjoyed that a lot.

My advice is be an active participant in the land, not just a passive observer.

To get the most out of Galaxys Edge and your visit to Batuu

1. Learn the language to communicate with the citizens of Batuu, greet them with Rising Suns, use their words such as face scan, refresher, credit reducer, data pad, credentials etc etc
  2. Look at the menus before hand for Docking Bay and be aware that food has strange names, is not typical theme park food and may be more expensive than food in other lands
  3. Look at the menu before hand for Ogas Cantine, be away its a loud and busy standing BAR which may not be that enjoyable for kids. Be aware that the Cantina has bar snacks not food, that the drinks have strange names and may be more expensive than you are used to in other lands
  4. Be aware that Batuu does not have character meets like you expect in other lands, the characters are roaming and interact, rather than standing in one place where you wait in line to meet them.
  5. Be aware that Batuu is a trading outpost market planet set in the timeline of the new films. It is a new planet not featured in the classic films. It is not a a walk down memory lane into the "classic" films.
  6. Be aware that Battu is designed to transport you to a different planet, and that you will not hear the sweeping John Williams score blasted through speakers as you walk around. You hear aircraft noises and random sounds.
  7. Create your own back story, Disney Bound as a citizen of Battuu and join in with role playing. If you see a citizen of Battuu with a Loth Cat or Porg, ask what is its name.

Take your time to really look around at all of the scenery. Places like the antique shop, for instance, have a ton of neat items and Star Wars references, in addition to the plethora of cool merchandise. If you have a smartphone/device, download the Play app that enables you to interact with the land. There are a lot of neat things in the land that can be interacted with through the app.

Following this thread...love the idea of getting tips from those who have already visited! Thanks to those willing to share!

Use the app and bring plenty of back-up phone chargers.

Get into the spirit. Ask the CMs their backstories, make chit-chat about galactic events (keeping in mind you're in the Sequel Trilogy timeline.)

Follow and interact with all of the characters as much as possible. Even if you don't get much personal facetime, it's always fun to watch the stromtroopers, Kylo, etc, interact with guests.

Go the extra mile and come up with your own Star Wars "story" that you can share with CMs and characters. As others have already said, use the local "lingo"!

Ask to stand at the bar at Oga's, it's the most fun place to be (unless you're exhausted and need to sit.) You'll get swifter service and will have more facetime with bartender CMs for all of the above interactivity.

Also chat with your fellow guests at the bar and at Docking Bay 7. We found that every single person we talked to was having fun. Enthusiasm and good cheer are infectious.

If you don't get to be the pilot on Smuggler's Run, just make the most of the experience regardless. Terrible pilots can make for a more "fun" experience anyway. Don't let that get to you, just enjoy yourself. If you're the Engineer, ignore your job most of the time, as it's more fun to just watch the ride than be distracted by constantly pushing buttons.

Mix blue and green milk together.

Last edited:

For those who want to be part of the First Order:

Do report directly to the Stormtroopers/Kylo on the locations of Vi & Rey. You want to be subtle and don't want to risk the Resistance spies running off.

Don't yell out their locations. It could rudely cut off guest interactions and you were the one that allowed their escape.

1. Go to Oga's Cantina for a drink (or two).
2. Come and go over the course of a day, so you can experience it at night as well.
3. Use the Single Rider line to ride the MF more than once (but stand in the full queue at least once to see everything and get the whole experience; no, this doesn't need to be the first time, IMO).
4. Bring a water bottle and fill it up! The alien in the water fountain is an underrated feature. (Okay, probably not actually underrated, people love it as they should)
5. Come hungry! Another reason to come and go over the course of the day: the food is pretty good, and you could easily eat all three meals plus snacks in GE. Best food in HS, by far.
6. Find a corner and sit somewhere to explore the data pad app on your phone (Disney Play app). There's a lot you can do with it, but there's a bit of a learning curve.
7. Get in the way of a storm trooper. So much fun. (But don't touch them! Just make eye contact and look confrontational in a fun way).
8. Cosplay -- but be mindful of the weather! Neutral colours, light layers. It's a lot of fun to fit in. But a SW t-shirt also works!! We were split between the two approaches in our family. I love our group photo in front of the MF.
9. Use FPs to go off-world so you get a break from standing in line.
10. Window shop at all the different stores before you pick your souvenirs.

Is there anything that can help familiarize my 10 yo son with the Star Wars land that he's going to encounter on our trip? He's a fan, but has grown up mostly watching Star Wars Episode IV/V/VI. He has seen the Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, but it's been only movies, and action figures. On our trip in 2016 we saw the signs for Toy Story and Star Wars coming soon and we said we could come celebrate his 10th birthday there (we were there celebrating his sister's 10th birthday).

Is there anything that can help familiarize my 10 yo son with the Star Wars land that he's going to encounter on our trip? He's a fan, but has grown up mostly watching Star Wars Episode IV/V/VI. He has seen the Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, but it's been only movies, and action figures. On our trip in 2016 we saw the signs for Toy Story and Star Wars coming soon and we said we could come celebrate his 10th birthday there (we were there celebrating his sister's 10th birthday).
Add the Play Disney app to your phone and have him familiarize himself with what’s on the app for SWGE and other areas of DHS. He can listen to SW music and read up on Achievements and how to use his “datapad.” Be sure to bring a phone battery charger or purchase a Fuel Rod.

My kids really like the last book on this list (and I've read the second novel, it was great!). https://www.starwars.com/news/new-star-wars-galaxys-edge-books

If he's familiar with SW movies, there's not much you need to do. Batuu is its own planet, it doesn't appear in any movie. It evokes the spirit of SW, without recreating any one part of it.

Assuming he already knows the basics like the Force, droids, etc.

I'd say if he's seen the sequel trilogy entries and knows who Kylo Ren and Rey already are (as well as what the First Order is), he's good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter