SWGE in December planning help needed

saxman

723 miles away
We are visiting HS on Dec 20 for a one day trip and we need some help coming up with a plan of attack. We have afternoon fastpasses for Star Tours (12:50), Toy Story Mania (5:40), and Fantasmic. These are the best we could get. The priority for us is Rise of the Resistance and Smuggler's Run. We have a few questions:

What do you think will be the opening time for that date?
What is the best touring plan strategy given the fastpasses we have?

Any help will be appreciated.

I think they're waiting to see what type of crowds RotR brings, they could change opening to 8am or leave it at 9am.
Regardless I would rope drop SWGE if that's your priority and go straight to RotR.
Keep an eye on crowd levels starting dec 5 and it'll give you a better idea

I think they're waiting to see what type of crowds RotR brings, they could change opening to 8am or leave it at 9am.
Regardless I would rope drop SWGE if that's your priority and go straight to RotR.
Keep an eye on crowd levels starting dec 5 and it'll give you a better idea
Would it be better use of our time to rope drop Slinky Dog or Rock n Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror and then come back and visit RotR after the initial crowds have gone through?

Would it be better use of our time to rope drop Slinky Dog or Rock n Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror and then come back and visit RotR after the initial crowds have gone through?
We don't know the crowd level for RotR yet, it could be an early rush and then goes down or it could be crowded through out the day. Again if SWGE is a priority i would rope drop it

I think the issue is not just the quests work concerning RotR, but that in December DHS is wildly popular at night. The park has bumped up it's Holiday decor, is a very tight park to navigate, and seems to get even more cluttered up after dark.

If you have a priority, RD that attraction. I have no idea how RotR is going to impact an already crowded park, but I will say that last year late December was crazy crowded.

I think the issue is not just the quests work concerning RotR, but that in December DHS is wildly popular at night. The park has bumped up it's Holiday decor, is a very tight park to navigate, and seems to get even more cluttered up after dark.

If you have a priority, RD that attraction. I have no idea how RotR is going to impact an already crowded park, but I will say that last year late December was crazy crowded.
there are so many variables that affect a park after it opens.
Rope Drop: you get a park with no one inside. An attraction that should have been serviced and maintained through out the night and should be ready to go
Later in the day: you got thousands of people already in the park. Rides start malfunctioning for whatever reason. Guests start doing dumb stuff in the rides that require shutdown and with it, pulling it back up again...

there are so many variables that affect a park after it opens.
Rope Drop: you get a park with no one inside. An attraction that should have been serviced and maintained through out the night and should be ready to go
Later in the day: you got thousands of people already in the park. Rides start malfunctioning for whatever reason. Guests start doing dumb stuff in the rides that require shutdown and with it, pulling it back up again...
I agree. And rain. Rain is a deal breaker when it comes to anything being on time. You just cannot know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter