SWGE Ride ... 28 minute experience ???

I think that seems reasonable from the point you enter given the number of pre-shows and just transitions from one part to the next

I mean, with the multiple pre-show elements I am sure something like Flight of Passage takes 15-20 mins from when you enter to when you exit

Another ride that will be terrible for rider swap.

I personally don't really like the long preshows. One, it is horrible for rider swap. Two, it is only interesting the first couple of times, then it gets pretty old. I'd rather keep waiting in the line at FoP than go through those preshows. Three, when there isn't a full line, you still have to go through the preshows, so even if it is walk on, you're looking at 30+ minutes.

Edit: everything about this ride sounds awesome though, so hopefully the preshows live up to expectations. But it is going to be horrible for families with short kids just like FoP and TT. And just like FoP there is nothing nearby for shorties and the new RS system makes it hard to leave the area with them.

Last edited:

I personally don't really like the long preshows. One, it is horrible for rider swap. Two, it is only interesting the first couple of times, then it gets pretty old. I'd rather keep waiting in the line at FoP than go through those preshows. Three, when there isn't a full line, you still have to go through the preshows, so even if it is walk on, you're looking at 30+ minutes.

Edit: everything about this ride sounds awesome though, so hopefully the preshows live up to expectations. But it is going to be horrible for families with short kids just like FoP and TT. And just like FoP there is nothing nearby for shorties and the new RS system makes it hard to leave the area with them.

well, we don't know the ride height restrictions for this. Other trackless ride systems (e.g., Rattatouillie) don't have any height restrictions

I do think it would be good to give people the option to go through the pre-show. I do think they generally add to the story but I don't need to do the FoP one 10 times

Dinosaur is really the only preshow I mind. HM and ToT are still enjoyable the 100th time. I'm not a fan of the FoP one, but it's absolutely necessary for loading everyone efficiently, and the slight differences to account for the timing is actually pretty impressive. I assume the same will be true with GE.

That's a great point. Getting through FOP 2x's with RS is an adventure. Especially now that you have to do it back to back. Wish they'd go back to the old system, but I guess people ruined that...

Dinosaur is really the only preshow I mind. HM and ToT are still enjoyable the 100th time. I'm not a fan of the FoP one, but it's absolutely necessary for loading everyone efficiently, and the slight differences to account for the timing is actually pretty impressive. I assume the same will be true with GE.

I think it depends on the quality of the preshow. Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, and Dinosaur all have spectacular preshows that add significantly to the attraction. I’m actually kind of upset when they don’t have the preshows running on those.

Then you have Flight of Passage, where the first half of the preshow is just torture. I just want to pull out my phone to ignore it, but I won’t do that out of courtesy for others. The second half isn’t as bad but still it has a terrible script and poor acting by that guy.

And unfortunately out of all of the rides with preshows, Dinosaur is really the only one that you can stay on when not busy.

well, we don't know the ride height restrictions for this. Other trackless ride systems (e.g., Rattatouillie) don't have any height restrictions

I do think it would be good to give people the option to go through the pre-show. I do think they generally add to the story but I don't need to do the FoP one 10 times
I'm hoping it won't have a height restriction, but since it had seat belts and the drop I think it probably will.

I think it depends on the quality of the preshow. Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, and Dinosaur all have spectacular preshows that add significantly to the attraction. I’m actually kind of upset when they don’t have the preshows running on those.

Then you have Flight of Passage, where the first half of the preshow is just torture. I just want to pull out my phone to ignore it, but I won’t do that out of courtesy for others. The second half isn’t as bad but still it has a terrible script and poor acting by that guy.

And unfortunately out of all of the rides with preshows, Dinosaur is really the only one that you can stay on when not busy.
Yeah, HM and ToT are fine they add little time and are good. But FoP and TT, OMG.

FoP with the whole "move around" stuff I find annoying. I know why it is there but I just don't like it.

I get what you are saying but if that leaked storyline for the attraction is correct there is a lot to it and the actual ride part will be a lot longer than 4 minutes

I hope so, but I'll see it to believe it. To me it feels like lately Disney wants to swallow and spit out at many people as possible.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 2 minutes 30 seconds
Alien Swirling Saucers: 1 minute 30 seconds
Slinky Dog Dash: 2 minutes
Avatar Flight of Passage: 5 minutes
Na'vi River Journey: 5 minutes (it seems even shorter than that)

Last edited:
I think they did it on purpose - that he is supposed to be like a social awkward scientist, so makes sense he seems uncomfortable.... not sure if it fully worked though
Social awkward is one thing. To sound absolutely clueless about the words coming out of your mouth is another. He doesn’t come across as a scientist to me at all.

This is the ride I'm looking forward to the most in Galaxy's Edge. From what I've seen of "Rise of the Resistance" it doesn't look like it will disappoint. The other one I could take or leave though, it just looks like Star Tours and Mission Space's baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter