SWGE Ride ... 28 minute experience ???

I think pre-shows are part of what separates Disney from other parks. Yes it seems boring while you're standing there, but I think being forced to settle down before the big event is part of what makes it an event. They give you time for settling into the set and setting.

If bypassing pre-shows becomes common, the park experience will become even more frantic. And you'll always be waiting for someone else to exit and re-enter the sequence in addition to waiting for the sequence to play out.

I think pre-shows are part of what separates Disney from other parks. Yes it seems boring while you're standing there, but I think being forced to settle down before the big event is part of what makes it an event. They give you time for settling into the set and setting.

If bypassing pre-shows becomes common, the park experience will become even more frantic. And you'll always be waiting for someone else to exit and re-enter the sequence in addition to waiting for the sequence to play out.
Do you really think that about the FoP preshows?

ToT or RnC I agree with you, but not the super long and boring ones on FoP or TT. Although my opinion might change after I'm done with rider swap, right now though I usually just skip both of those rides.

Although I'm not a huge fan of the FOP preshow, it still beats just standing around in line. It's not like you would actually get on the ride any quicker if the preshow wasn't there. It's also fun to make people nervous that the preshow won't end because I'm not standing in my circle or moving around (I had a gentleman mention to me that he thought I needed to be exactly on my circle or it wouldn't work...it's ok though, we didn't feel a thing, and all was fine).

I hope so, but I'll see it to believe it. To me it feels like lately Disney wants to swallow and spit out at many people as possible.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 2 minutes 30 seconds
Alien Swirling Saucers: 1 minute 30 seconds
Slinky Dog Dash: 2 minutes
Avatar Flight of Passage: 5 minutes
Na'vi River Journey: 5 minutes (it seems even shorter than that)

Aie carumba. When you put it this way, it kind of blows me away that people will wait 30, 45, 60+ minutes... for a 1 or 2 minute ride.

Guys you gotta check out the latest DSNY, it was really informative. You got to give this guy his props, he really puts in the work and puts on a good show. I had no idea that "Rise" was going to be like 2 rides in one.

W

Guys you gotta check out the latest DSNY, it was really informative. You got to give this guy his props, he really puts in the work and puts on a good show. I had no idea that "Rise" was going to be like 2 rides in one.

It’s rumored to have 5 ride systems. The report have four so far(cargo ship flight, trackless cart, elevator, FOP like exit) so that leaves one left to find out.

W

It’s rumored to have 5 ride systems. The report have four so far(cargo ship flight, trackless cart, elevator, FOP like exit) so that leaves one left to find out.
The elevator is for the trackless vehicle though I believe.

The only part you’re missing is what I believe is part of the queue transport from one pre show to the next.

Woweewow, I can't wait to see the Kylo Ren animatronics. Maybe they'll have him freak out like on the movies.

The elevator is for the trackless vehicle though I believe.

The only part you’re missing is what I believe is part of the queue transport from one pre show to the next.

I have that transport as the cargo ship flight from Batuu to the First Order ship so I think we still need to find one more.

I am super excited for this. If the rumors on this are true, this easily becomes the best attraction anywhere, not just Disney. I know SW purists are going to complain about Kyro instead of Vader but the level of immersion should get them over that.

I have that transport as the cargo ship flight from Batuu to the First Order ship so I think we still need to find one more.

I am super excited for this. If the rumors on this are true, this easily becomes the best attraction anywhere, not just Disney. I know SW purists are going to complain about Kyro instead of Vader but the level of immersion should get them over that.
It’s possible that the transport I have is the cargo ship but based on what I’ve seen I’m not sure it is. It definitely is part of the queue area though.

Another ride that will be terrible for rider swap.

I personally don't really like the long preshows. One, it is horrible for rider swap. Two, it is only interesting the first couple of times, then it gets pretty old. I'd rather keep waiting in the line at FoP than go through those preshows. Three, when there isn't a full line, you still have to go through the preshows, so even if it is walk on, you're looking at 30+ minutes.

Edit: everything about this ride sounds awesome though, so hopefully the preshows live up to expectations. But it is going to be horrible for families with short kids just like FoP and TT. And just like FoP there is nothing nearby for shorties and the new RS system makes it hard to leave the area with them.
If you do the rider swap, won't a couple members of your party at least get to ride twice? That will be huge with how busy that new land will be. Likewise, there could be fastpass advantages non RS people won't have (like maybe only needing part of your party to have what will be a very coveted FP for this).

If you do the rider swap, won't a couple members of your party at least get to ride twice? That will be huge with how busy that new land will be. Likewise, there could be fastpass advantages non RS people won't have (like maybe only needing part of your party to have what will be a very coveted FP for this).
No. I travel with my wife and DD, no one gets to reride and I'd much rather all wait together once than one wait for a couple of hours then the other one take 45+ minutes to ride themselves.

It might make it slightly easier to get a FP, but we all know those are going to be gone 63+ days out for quite a while.

No. I travel with my wife and DD, no one gets to reride and I'd much rather all wait together once than one wait for a couple of hours then the other one take 45+ minutes to ride themselves.

It might make it slightly easier to get a FP, but we all know those are going to be gone 63+ days out for quite a while.

Yep, it's going to be at least a 4 hr wait for the first year. I love Disney and Star Wars, but there's no way I'm waiting that long. I'll just bide my time my pretty.

Knowing Disney they probably already have an extra ticket event like "Galactic Nights" scheduled for Hollywood. I can see it now, "Get exclusive access to Galaxy's Edge for 3 hours for the low price of a hundred forty nine dollars."

Last edited:
Although I'm not a huge fan of the FOP preshow, it still beats just standing around in line. It's not like you would actually get on the ride any quicker if the preshow wasn't there. It's also fun to make people nervous that the preshow won't end because I'm not standing in my circle or moving around (I had a gentleman mention to me that he thought I needed to be exactly on my circle or it wouldn't work...it's ok though, we didn't feel a thing, and all was fine).
I agree as compared to a full stand by line the preshows on TT and FoP don't extend your wait time, but they definitely do for FPP. Instead of merging a couple of minutes before you get on, it merges 20 minutes before you get on the ride.

Yep, it's going to be at least a 4 hr wait for the first year. I love Disney and Star Wars, but there's no way I'm waiting that long. I'll just bide my time my pretty.

Knowing Disney they probably already have an extra ticket event like "Galactic Nights" scheduled for Hollywood. I can see it now, "Get exclusive access to Galaxy's Edge for 3 hours for the low price of hundred forty nine dollars."

I think you've underpriced this by at least $100...

I havent read or heard too much about this ride except that its supposed to be absolutely incredible and bring some things to it that Disney has never done before.

FoP with the whole "move around" stuff I find annoying. I know why it is there but I just don't like it.
My son (6yo) was all for Flight of Passage (we advertised it being like Soarin' (one of his favorites)) .. the pre-show and the "realism" and immersion to it filled him with fear and dread that he wouldn't even get on the bike when we entered the theatre -- my wife had to exit with him.

Luckily they let her get right back on but she had to do the whole pre-show thing again .. I think we didn't see her for another 20 minutes. We were wondering what happened and why it was taking so long (we didn't realize she would have to do pre-show again) (but makes sense).

So . ya .. if you count the pre-shows, FOP is probably 20 minutes.

Knowing Disney they probably already have an extra ticket event like "Galactic Nights" scheduled for Hollywood. I can see it now, "Get exclusive access to Galaxy's Edge for 3 hours for the low price of a hundred forty nine dollars."

That bad huh? My kid turns 10 on December 15th and all he wants for his birthday is to go on this ride. Did I mention we're not staying in the park, so I can make my fast pass choices a whopping 30 days in advance :badpc::badpc::badpc::sad2::sad2::sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!