SWGE YouTube Content Comments

In regards to Galaxys Edge specifically, I've looked around in the comments sections of various videos and social media (be it official disney channels or The Dis, etc).

Look, the Star Wars fandom is one of the worst fandoms in pop culture. Obviously, i'm speaking of the vocal majority who takes the time out of their day, but you combine that group of people with cynical theme park snobs, and then mix in people who aren't really apart of either fandom (just kinda commenting on the latest pop culture event), and it's a recipe for disaster.

I've noticed the people who were actually there seem to have loved it (aside from a few constructive critiques).
The ones who have this angry, visceral reaction haven't been or were never going to begin with.
And then these people will at some point take it out on the people presenting the information in the video(s).

I've read variations of these kind of comments in various spots:

"Only 1 ride and a gift shop? That's it??"
"Good job Disney with having min. wage workers in the baking sun in stormtrooper outfits!"
"Grown-ups shouldn't be this excited about a theme park."
"Disney is destroying star wars! Where's Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader?!?! This isn't MY Star Wars. NOT attending!!1"

And yes, OP, i saw that comment the guy said "Why are you guys taking so long posting these videos?!??!"
It's like, dude, they've been uploading them across 2 Youtube channels since they got there for press-previews 3 days prior. Just because you don't know how to look at your feed....

It's not just youtube. Facebook comments are also awful. I'm a Star Wars fan and I try not to be awful. I think that all the podcasters members are great and do a wonderful job.

And All of the Star Wars fandom is not awful. You can find people in any fandom who decide to just be awful and rude.

I usually read comments on all Dis videos, these must be new ones because the comments not long after uploading weren't mean in any way. I'm afraid to go look now as I would feel the need to defend the team which I know would be fruitless.

Yep, I read that guy complaining they weren’t being uploaded quick enough & just about fell off my chair. Literally, they have uploaded 200 minutes of Galaxy’s Edge footage in 3 days. Considering the reservations are for 240 minutes (granted, Craig went to media previews & they clearly got more than 1 reservation) but still what more could anyone possibly want?

The footage is high quality, the reviews are balanced, fair & constructive. They have literally covered everything there is to do in the land. All 5 of the boys did a great job.

Yep, I read that guy complaining they weren’t being uploaded quick enough & just about fell off my chair. Literally, they have uploaded 200 minutes of Galaxy’s Edge footage in 3 days. Considering the reservations are for 240 minutes (granted, Craig went to media previews & they clearly got more than 1 reservation) but still what more could anyone possibly want?

The footage is high quality, the reviews are balanced, fair & constructive. They have literally covered everything there is to do in the land. All 5 of the boys did a great job.
Must admit - I looked REALLY quickly, saw the "Pooh pic" of the corner of my eye, and thought this was King Llama <clears throat> I mean Bob Iger. :)

I usually read comments on all Dis videos, these must be new ones because the comments not long after uploading weren't mean in any way. I'm afraid to go look now as I would feel the need to defend the team which I know would be fruitless.

Yeah a lot were positive. Then the same guy complained about how long they took and something else just plain rude and I couldn't believe it. Any time I looked at my phone there was something new on some sort of social media medium.

What’s with the sensitivity?

People will attack an old woman baking a cake on YouTube. I’m sure at this point it’s all background noise anyway

Oh I know people are generally terrible to each other, but life in general is usually pretty negative and I use the Dis Unplugged content as my escape so it just puts a damper on it when you see trolls making comments when you know how hard those guys are working. I guess the lesson is to not read the YouTube comments anymore!

Someone actually believes they're not getting content out fast enough?!?! How on earth can you possibly think that when they're going up the day of? Not to mention all the content on Insta and FB as well.
YES. I saw someone comment that on one of them and I called him out for it. They were killing the content game this weekend. Providing so much information and there is still more to come?? So stinking proud of them!!!

Big social media platforms are toxic when it comes to comments. Just look here for commentary about Dis videos. It gets stupidly snarky sometimes but at least there are moderators to shut it down when things go over the line.

Not getting content out fast enough? For real? I couldn't believe how fast they managed to get their videos up and how many there were, I had a hard time keeping up with all of them. Super impressed with all the hard work the team did during and after the opening of Galaxy's Edge.

The content made available in such a short span of time was a tremendous effort on behalf of the team. They deserve to be recognized for it. As for the comments.....trolls will be trolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter