swim diapers for bigger kids?

DisneyMom5

DIS Veteran
My almost 4 yo ds suffered a brain injury last year, and although we are hoping and working toward a full recovery, we still have some issues.
One big one is potty training.
I can't be sure that he won't go in the pool, and the normal swim diapers are a bit of tight fit (he wears size 5/6 pants and weighs about 45 lb.) We are hoping to swim a bit at our resort.
Any suggestions? :confused3

Anyone else have a child with a TBI?

For my 10yo daughter, we ended up buying a reusable swim diaper. I bought it online - sorry I don't remember the company. It is called the Gabby Swim Pant Diaper. It was about $25. It was one of the best purchases I have made for her. We have used it over and over and over. It just gets thown in the laundry afterwards. I do remember that the company was Canadian. They had excellent customer service. They sent me the wrong pant initially, but corrected the problem promptly. I hope this helps.

Once my boys outgrew the little swimmers we found reusable swim diapers too. We got ours through the Abilitations catalog. They are either a pullon type or a diaper type. www.abilitations.com or call 1-800-850-8602

Each year I take my severly disabled students to the local YMCA for swim lesson. Most of my students need to be fed and changed. The Y has a place that gets swim diapers big enough for my older students. You might be able to check with your local YMCA as well. You may also check with you son's occupational therapy provider as well. They may can even get your insurance to pay for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter