Swim Diapers on Disney Cruise

Scoutdog

Mouseketeer
I recently read in Conde Nast that Disney (along with all other cruiselines) doesn't allow kids in swim diapers in their pools.

Can anyone weigh in on this (either based on experience or industry knowledge) regarding Disney specifically and anything you know about other lines?

The article mentioned that Disney actually allows swim diapers in their splash zone water play area, but not the pools. Is there a specific toddler wading pool? Are they allowed in that?

My extended family is considering a big family reunion cruise. We have a 2-year-old who loves to swim. I don't relish trying to keep him out of the pool when he can see his big sister swimming in the pool right next to his "splash pad"

There are other toddlers in the family too, and my family's not much for leaving kids in the daycare program (I think people will want to hang-out with their kids), and I'm having trouble thinking what else there is to do on a boat with kids if swimming is out of the equation. Thinking of steering them toward an all-inclusive beach resort instead of a cruise.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :confused3

It is regulations which all cruise lines have that those infants in diapers are not allowed into the pools. I believe it is a sanitation requirement by the US health and safety group that inspects the ships. This is to prevent mass outbreaks like Norwalk, etc spread through fecal matter on the ship.

We have been on NCL, Celebrity and Disney and none allow infants/toddlers in the pools. Disney did have an area that had a continuous water flow and no standing water that the little ones could use. The NCL ship had a separate splash area for the little kids who could not go into the pool but our cruise was so cold it was never open and it was in the kids club area…not for the general public.

It is hard to keep a toddler out of the pool. We had to do it on a cruise to Bermuda where there was really nothing else to do the two days at sea. I brought a small blow up pool and filled it a little on our balcony and let my little one play in that. I then could carry it and empty it into the shower stall in our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!