Swim with Dolphins?

trracers

<font color=red>I'm just a grown up kid<br><font c
Can you swim with dolphins, sting ray's etc somewhere at The World, or do you have to go to Discovery Cove for that?

Disney has a Dolphins In Depth program. They teach you about the dolphin and other aquatic wild life. They also provide information regarding ecology and the behavioral training that is going on at Disney. You then suit up in wet suits for a dolphin encounter in the Living Seas aquarium. The encounter is not guaranteed, if the dolphins do not want to participate, they don't have to. You do not get to "swim" with the dolphin, rather they just float in your arms. It was an amazing experience, I loved the tour.

If you really want to swim with them, Discovery Cove is your best option.

You can swim with the sting rays, and the sharks and other fish, at Thyphoon Lagoon. I don't remember the name of the area but it's towards the back of the park and you get a life jacket and scuba mask and snorkel. You can swim across the pool and the sharks (small, small, small) all stay on the bottom of the pool. You can go in as many times as you want but you have to swim across and get in line again but it's worth the effort. Be sure and take a waterproof camera with you. I got some incredible pictures with a Fuji throwaway waterproof camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter