Swimming Pools

jayne1980

Earning My Ears
I am staying at the Santa Fe Hotel in Febuary. I noticed that this hotel doesn't have a swimming pool. Please can anyone tell me if you are allowed to use the swimming pools in the other hotels?:wave: :bounce: :worried:

dont kno because i think u have to take ur room key with you to let u through the security doors to the pool, i think my gf did that when we stayed at the seqouia in october

Sorry, no. As a matter of fact, I was booked at the Santa Fe for my upcoming trip and changed to the Sequoia - one of the reasons being that the Santa Fe has no pool. (I called and specifically asked if we could use the pool somewhere else and was told that they have a strict policy of letting only guests at the same hotel use the pool). I was quite surprised that a Disney hotel, even a budget one, would not have a pool, but it seems that the Santa Fe does not live up even to the standards of the All Star resorts at WDW.... unfortunately.

jodyb -- I'm glad you changed your reservations. You should take a walk over there when you go, so you can REALLY know that you made the right decision. :)

Thanks for that info:( My son isn't going to be happy though cause we don't fly til 10.20pm so was hoping to spend some of the day in the pool. Does anyone have any suggestions about what we can do for the day whilst waiting to go to the airport?

just thought of something else...
There is an ice skating rink at the Hotel New York - open to all (for a fee)

Sorry should have made myself a bit clearer. We have a 2 day pass for the parks that is for the 8th and 9th of Feb. Our last night in the hotel is the 9th then we fly home late on the 10th, but not til 10.20pm

Jayne,

That IS a long day to be at Disney and not go to the parks. As I said, there is ice skating... you could explore all the resorts and take a long lovely lunch at one of the resort restaurants... does your son like arcades? The neighboring Val d'Europe looks nice, though I've never been there... if you are up for shopping... also what about going into Paris for the day, or even for a few hours?

Of course, if it were me, I'd buy the 3 day ticket... but I'm a dyed in the wool Disney fanatic!

I'm sure whatever you do you'll end up having a lovely time.
I might have more suggestions for you when I return from my trip on Feb. 2... is that before you leave?

Jody

yeah that would be great cause I don't go until 8th Feb so you'll be back in time to let me know of anything.
Thanx

The weather in Paris isn't so warm in winter that you can use an outdoor pool!
That is the reason why they have them at the valueresorts in Florida and not in France.

The Santa Fe is considerably more budget than the All Stars. We've stayed at all of the All Stars in the past so thought Santa Fe would be ok..no way would I go there again. It is dirty, shabby , crowded and generally in poor condition. As DLP includes breakfast and passes I would use DVC points and stay at Disneyland Resort.

Having just arrived home from DLP I feel I must disagree with your comments made about the Santa Fe. I found it to be clean and considerably well looked after. The beds were comfy and warm, the bedding was clean and it basically did the job. There was a little play area for the children and a T.V in reception playing the Disney Channel for them. I wouldn't say it was the Ritz or anything!!! but it did the job. :D

Jayne,
I can only say what I found...when we were there last September the rooms were very dusty, the bedding was torn, the bed very small and lumpy, the bathroom full of mould, the breakfast plentiful but of poor quality and we bitterly regretted having booked there. We had a very nice meal in the Disneyland Hotel and promised ourselves we'd stay there should we go again.
Gill:

Just a note about the pools at the hotels. On your last day in the hotel, you will not be able to use the pool after check-out time (11.00 am) I think.

They check your room card and we saw people refused entry to the pools at the NBC and DLH on their final day.

Just a note of warning, in case anyone thought you could spend your final day in the pool at the hotels.

:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter