Switching Dessert to Appetizer

chinarider

DIS Veteran
Hi, Just wondering if this is allowed across the board at TS on the Reg Dining Plan or if there are only certain restaurants that allow this? thank you

Haven't heard of any that allow this. Except maybe to a small side salad/cup of soup? I love apps but because I go on DDP a lot, I haven't tried most apps.

Generally not allowed*. One of the restrictions of the dining plan.

Apps take more time, labor, and therefore expense to prepare. Desserts are mostly mass-produced and take little effort.

If it is allowed, it will be for something like a cup of soup, or small bowl of fruit...ie, something mass produced that takes little effort.

*I'm sure someone will come along and spin a tale of how they were always allowed to do this. Take any such story with a grain of salt.

It’s not a thing

Seems like it should be a thing but nope

Any substitution is at the restaurant discretion. It will not be a full appetizer. Small side salad or cup of soup is all I’ve ever seen.
Enjoy!

SOME MAY allow for your to exchange dessert for usually salad or soup.
I wouldn't count on an app.
At le Cellier my sister and I knew we wanted soup so we went to order it and our server said if we wanted we could sub the dessert for the soup so that's what we did.

I thought I had read this somewhere but, my brain could be confused...LOL

It has never been allowed. There are exceptions as PP's have already discussed, but generally a full app in exchange for dessert is a hard no.

My mom is pre-diabetic and attempts to avoid sugar in order to control it. She explained and was allowed to switch, but as stated above she was generally given the option of a soup or salad.

Edited to say that she was more than happy with a salad or a soup, as she prefers a salad with her meals anyway. She never tried to ask for anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter