Switching from verizion to T-Mobile

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
So this Father's Day I just got a huge punch in the stomach I called to wish him a happy Father's Day he goes btw we are going from veterans to T-Mobile

I am going to loss every gift I received though the iTunes Store

Sorry this is more of a vent then anything

I did some digging from what I read it sounds like I can bring my iPhone from verion to T-Mobile is that true
Is your iphone unlocked? I have a Verizon issued Samsung that was unlocked and works on T-mobile just fine. There are some small issues like 611 doesn't call T-mobile, and the voice mail link is wrong, but it's all pretty minor.

Is your iphone unlocked? I have a Verizon issued Samsung that was unlocked and works on T-mobile just fine. There are some small issues like 611 doesn't call T-mobile, and the voice mail link is wrong, but it's all pretty minor.

I don't know I well look into it is there a way to unlock it if it is

Worse case can I just get another iPhone from them and keep my iTunes purchases

I don't know I well look into it is there a way to unlock it if it is

Worse case can I just get another iPhone from them and keep my iTunes purchases
T-mobile doesn't include phones with their plans. If you get one from them, it will require full payment (although they will split the cost over a couple years on the monthly bill.

You can ask tmobile if they are currently having any deals on cell phones when you join since they sometimes do. I saw something about a deal on the iPhone SE but didn't pay attention. You can go to Verizon and ask them if your phone is unlocked and if your eligible to have it unlocked.

I know this isn't what you actually meant but once you are on tmobile if you download the tmobile Tuesday app then every Tuesday tmobile gifts out a gift. You won't use/need all of them but occasionally there may be a week with a nice option. In the past I've gotten free pizza, credit for a company that I used to get swim goggles, free magazine subscription to Seventeen for my daughter, free money for a donut chain (Dunkin Donuts) etc.

That is cool about the Tuesday deal

As far as switching my dad said it is not happening till next year I just wanted to make sure that I was covered the only down fall is that there is not a T-Mobile store near me

T-mobile doesn't include phones with their plans. If you get one from them, it will require full payment (although they will split the cost over a couple years on the monthly bill.

We've done that with T-Mobile and the payments were spread out over two years. However, we've also purchased a GSM phone from Amazon for a whole lot cheaper than T-Mobile offered. Picking between the two, I would get a phone off Amazon.

I did some digging from what I read it sounds like I can bring my iPhone from verion to T-Mobile is that true

T-Mobile is GSM. You need to make sure your phone will work on the GSM service. There's a page on T-Mobile's website with a search feature to see if your phone is compatibile with their network.

We've done that with T-Mobile and the payments were spread out over two years. However, we've also purchased a GSM phone from Amazon for a whole lot cheaper than T-Mobile offered. Picking between the two, I would get a phone off Amazon.

T-Mobile is GSM. You need to make sure your phone will work on the GSM service. There's a page on T-Mobile's website with a search feature to see if your phone is compatibile with their network.

Yeah, we have bought several of our phones refurbished on Groupon. We just look for GSM unlocked and are good to go. Although we did have to buy a new SIM card. Can't remember if that was for all of them, or just ones that changed card size. They helped us with it in the t-mobile store. Phone support from t-mobile has been great too.

That is cool about the Tuesday deal

As far as switching my dad said it is not happening till next year I just wanted to make sure that I was covered the only down fall is that there is not a T-Mobile store near me

Just let your dad open his own account with tmobile and you keep yours with Verizon.

Verizon phones come unlocked due to some conditions in a cell band they use. So yes, OP should be able to move Verizon phones to TMobile.

edit: only downside is that the phone could be missing some important bands that Tmobile uses. a very big one with Tmobile is Band 12. i heard its the best band for Tmobile right now. i know older iPhones dont have it though. which iPhone do you have?

edit2: looks like it makes no difference. anything above a iPhone 6s has 12.

Verizon phones come unlocked due to some conditions in a cell band they use. So yes, OP should be able to move Verizon phones to TMobile.

edit: only downside is that the phone could be missing some important bands that Tmobile uses. a very big one with Tmobile is Band 12. i heard its the best band for Tmobile right now. i know older iPhones dont have it though. which iPhone do you have?
Verizon is a GSM carrier as well. The GSM unlocked phone I bought on Groupon was actually a Verizon phone in its prior life.

edit2: looks like it makes no difference. anything above a iPhone 6s has 12.

Want is band 12 and how important is it because my phone is a 5s. I believe

Want is band 12 and how important is it because my phone is a 5s. I believe

its a frequency that T mobile specifically uses to get data to your phone. Its a big step for Tmobile since band 12 is a good band to have.
In all honestly, its not a required band to have, its just... good to have. If you were to switch to T mobile, you have no problems with the service, then Band 12 is not important. If you do find your phone slow, and not getting connectings etc, it might be wise to upgrade to a phone with band 12. But band 12 isnt deployed everywhere yet though... might not make a different for you.

Verizon is a GSM carrier as well. The GSM unlocked phone I bought on Groupon was actually a Verizon phone in its prior life.

Verizon is considered a CDMA carrier. Although LTE is considered GSM. I think most of their services are on LTE unless you move out to the middle of no where, then it relies on CDMA services.

Band 12 is for T-Mobile's extended range LTE. Its supposed to have better coverage in buildings and better range.

FWIW, the phone I bought my wife came with all T-Mobile bands except for band 12. It still works fine on all the other bands and does everything she wants to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter