Switching hotels an FP ?

Timhags

Mouseketeer
So I'm thinking about switching from holiday inn Disney springs to Hilton Disney springs, big discount through family, already booked my FP. Should I book Hilton and link to app before cancelling holiday inn to avoid losing my FP ?

So I'm thinking about switching from holiday inn Disney springs to Hilton Disney springs, big discount through family, already booked my FP. Should I book Hilton and link to app before cancelling holiday inn to avoid losing my FP ?
That would probably be safest. When is your trip? There are spotty reports about what is happening in practice, but if it were my fastpasses potentially at risk, I'd make sure the new stay was linked before cancelling the Holiday Inn stay.

Yes because it may take a few days for the new reservation to be merged into the MDX system.

If you Cancel Holiday Inn first, you may lose your FPs if the system runs a sweep of FPs without a linked DSprings or onsite resort stay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!