Swolphin in June still accepting reservations

jbock

Mouseketeer
Ok, I didn't know really where to post this could have gone in S/D resort thread, but it's asking for speculation and is more specific then general so I thought making a new thread would be the way to go:

So I have a late June res @ BCV 1BR. I made it as a placeholder and was waiting for inspiration for something a little cheaper, maybe OKW or AKL KV. In any event, now I'm locked out of making changes....

I see S/D are still taking reservations for June. I've stayed there before and it certainly could be a good option for us. I wonder if there's any reason S/D is leaving reservations open if Disney shut down their resorts and doesn't plan on opening parks..? Would this not lean toward theories that they closed reservations not to keep the park closed but to instead manage crowds? I would assume if Disney is not open S/D would stay shuttered, but on the other hand, they may open up and attempt to allow booked conventions to come (or eat their deposits - not sure how convention bookings work.)

Since those questions are impossible to answer (unless someone has insider info) I guess here's an answerable one: Has anyone had a S/D cancellation for April or May (I assume not June yet) & if so did it go in the same manner / timeframe as all of the reported disney resort cancellations?

I have ressies ...as back up in case SSR gets cancelled, I have that & one on Hotel Plaza Blvd in late may :)

No cancellations yet. they're projected to open 5/16

Last edited:
Just speculation but as you noted, S/D caters to the convention crowd and I would say that the majority of people staying there are not primarily there to visit the parks. So my guess is their reopening will have nothing to do with when the parks reopen.

I have a two night reservation at the Swan for June 25-26. I have the confirmation but I keep checking and my credit card has yet to be charged.... Making me wonder if they are waiting to see if they are actually going to be open.

Just speculation but as you noted, S/D caters to the convention crowd and I would say that the majority of people staying there are not primarily there to visit the parks. So my guess is their reopening will have nothing to do with when the parks reopen.
Agreed - but I don't see conventions happening any time soon - so if they're opening they expect $ to come in from some source. Maybe I'm wrong and they are going to move forward with conventions.

Agreed - but I don't see conventions happening any time soon - so if they're opening they expect $ to come in from some source. Maybe I'm wrong and they are going to move forward with conventions.
OCCC has a volleyball tournament coming in June, it says it has 30000 attendees

I have a two night reservation at the Swan for June 25-26. I have the confirmation but I keep checking and my credit card has yet to be charged.... Making me wonder if they are waiting to see if they are actually going to be open.

I made a June res w/ them and was charged the normal 1 night deposit - it has already posted to my CC. I am still waiting for them to refund a previously-made deposit that I cancelled a month ago.

I called yesterday and asked if they’d be open. FWIW she said yes regardless of Disney opening. I booked a room at the Dolphin as a back up to DVC and my card was charged already.

eta this was for mid June dates.

Last edited:
Update: Swan is NOT currently accepting reservations (as of this writing) for anything before July 1st (at least that I can see- I tried a variety of dates in late June and got nothing until I pushed checkin to July 1) - the dolphin IS accepting reservations in June, but now not before 6/15 (that I can see.) Given that a day or two ago I could book every type of room I can think of at the Swan for late June I doubt they suddenly sold out, but who knows.. thus why I'll toss this tidbit in the rumor section.

Update: Swan is NOT currently accepting reservations (as of this writing) for anything before July 1st (at least that I can see- I tried a variety of dates in late June and got nothing until I pushed checkin to July 1) - the dolphin IS accepting reservations in June, but now not before 6/15 (that I can see.) Given that a day or two ago I could book every type of room I can think of at the Swan for late June I doubt they suddenly sold out, but who knows.. thus why I'll toss this tidbit in the rumor section.
Hmmm. I just booked the Dolphin for June 14th-17th a few days ago. Guess I'll be watching my email for cancellations for the Dolphin and from Disney.

Hmmm. I just booked the Dolphin for June 14th-17th a few days ago. Guess I'll be watching my email for cancellations for the Dolphin and from Disney.
Who knows. Maybe they’re just not taking more for capacity. Maybe they are hedging bets. I have res 6/21 at dolphin and for BCV. Going to cancel one (or both) depending on how things play out. (Or they will both be cancelled for me) - the only reason I made the BCV res to have a placeholder and I had planned on switching to a different resort depending on price / avail / what parks / amenities are open etc etc then they locked up shop on modifying June res.

Anyone with a Swan reservation for June heard anything now that they’ve removed future bookings? Maybe they’ll consolidate everyone to Dolphin, although that wouldn’t help with distancing.

I just looked at that too. And ppl on another thread reporting SOG just cancelled their late June reservations. I think we are starting to see more & more evidence that wdw won’t open til July at best.

Yep, looks like June 15th thru end of month is open. Very odd. So either booked to capacity, or not open until 15th. 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!