Synthetic/fake vs natural

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
The thread about Impossible Burger started me thinking about “real” vs “fake” and natural vs synthetic. Ads and packaging often tout an item’s “natural ingredients” or that it’s “all natural” implying it’s better than synthetic. So, is that really better or are there times when you should prefer the synthetic version?

A lot of foods we eat are heavily processed and contain ingredients that may be GMO, hybrids etc. Calling something "natural" has little meaning.

There are "synthetic" ingredients that are essentially the same as natural. One is "dextrose" which is typically a reference for artificially produced simple sugar. But they can't call it glucose because of how it's made, even though it's identical.

I see Everything as natural. Everything is made from something in nature.

I do prefer to make my own natural products for certain things, but I'm not opposed to going out and buying something that was synthesized in a lab from natural things either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!