System problems using Dining Plan?

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
Just got home from a 4 night trip with friends. We knew we had 4 counter service & 5 snack credits going into today, our last day (we did not use a counter service yesterday). One friend used 2 snack credits at the writers stop at MGM this morning, worked fine. 3 of us went into the Backlot Express for lunch (4th friend went home yesterday). First person ordered, came back "guest denied". So we tried another one of our cards, same thing. Third card, same thing. The cashier thought it was unusual because it usually says "no credits available" if they are all gone. A manager was called over, we explained the situation and he credited our meals by doing an override. Later right before we left, I went to a cart to get an ice cream bar, denied again! The cm said to call on a phone by the tip board, I didn't bother because we were about to leave. At the same time, my 2 other friends got popcorn at another cart and they said the cm said something about the system being down (he did give it to them). Has anyone else run into a situation where the system was down and having problems with the dining plan?

weird. You said a friend checked out the day before. Wounder if they screwed up the account in some way when they checked the friend out.

She didn't "check out" at the front desk. The only thing she did is use Magical Express, I don't know if that could have messed it up.

One problem we had was with snack carts at MGM. Some were wired in others had PDA's of some sort that they had to manually enter in the number off the card. The receipt would show the snack credits used but couldn't show the totals. They did show up on our account when I got a print out from the front desk but it was typically the day after.

The problem we had was either some CM's didn't know that they could enter the account information off line or didn't want to do it. We went to one snack cart at MGM and they said that they couldn't take the plan. I was wandering around looking for another cart and came back across that one with a different CM working at it. I asked and they said they could and just manually entered the number.

It was at the end of August and there appeared to be a lot of new CM's in general so I just chalked it up as a training issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter