T-Rex review. Agree or...?

I have had better food here then at other table service restaurants at Disney. At least at T-Rex, you get a really amazing ambiance that I enjoyed as much as my children. Their iconic dessert (Chocolate Extinction), is a great family dessert. My kids still talk about it. The fact that it will remain a memory for them is enough for me to give T-Rex a positive review and recommend everyone to experience it.
exactly . . .The food is good enough. My kids loved this place when they were little. totally worth it for me :)

My kids and I love T-REX. I like the food, however I don't get too adventurous with it. The steak I at last time was pretty good.

It's one of the restaurant experiences you can't get back home. Who doesn't love dinosaurs?

Meh.............typical Laundry's cafeteria grub, NOTHING to write about and to say it is on par with Applebees and or Chilis is an insult to those food chains at least they serve food! TRex is a loud obnoxious poor grub, there is nothing I can say good about the place other then the best part was leaving........my advise dont waste your time or money and go elsewhere as there is much, much better food out there!

I've been to the rainforest Cafe. It's okay but not worth going out of my way for. Our server was not great. We went again and got the same experience. So No not for me.

The environment is geared towards the kids, plain and simple. As a parent, it's nice to eat somewhere where the kids can make a little noise and you don't have to worry if they are distracting others around you. The scenery also keeps them from getting too distracted, and letting you know how bored they are...lol! Having food there is an added bonus :).

The environment is geared towards the kids, plain and simple. As a parent, it's nice to eat somewhere where the kids can make a little noise and you don't have to worry if they are distracting others around you. The scenery also keeps them from getting too distracted, and letting you know how bored they are...lol! Having food there is an added bonus :).
This feels like a very balanced opinion! Not having children myself it's a side of things I don't understand.

FYI for those who were having trouble with the audio podcast. I deleted my download today and then re-loaded and it is now the correct TRex review and not the repeat of the Toledo review.

My family did not have a good experience at T-Rex. It was our first trip as a family in 2014. It wasn't an easy reservation to get for 8 people (I didn't know about the Landry's card at the time). It was our arrival day and instead of going to the parks, we decided to Disney Springs and eat at T-Rex. The food was so-so. The restaurant was just too loud and there was way too much stimulation for my kids. They were miserable. Maybe it was because they were tired from traveling. Anyway...All kids are different, but if your kids do not like loud noises or too much stimulation, I would avoid this place. Also...the waitress could not figure out how to apply our dining credits so we ended up hanging around a long time after we ate and we all just wanted to get out of there.

We stopped by T-Rex once but my kids found it far too loud so we left and never went back

they did like the "sand pit" area out front though

Fun for kids - cool theming.
Food....not so good.
Applebee's is a good comparison - probably nothing but all microwaves in both, not a stove to be found - and you can taste it

Although the fist tank breaking a few years back was interesting.

Last edited:
It's a fun place. Every meal doesn't need to be a dining experience, sometimes just getting something to eat is good enough. A bit on the loud side though!

It's a fun place. Every meal doesn't need to be a dining experience, sometimes just getting something to eat is good enough. A bit on the loud side though!
Umm... but this place is supposed to be a dining experience.

Kind of a tangent to the main point but in Ohio Applebee’s definitely has a step up on Friday’s. They’re both mediocre but Friday’s went down the tubes here over the past 5 or so years. I would hope T-Rex has them both beat.

That's funny. When I was still living in Columbus Fridays was definitely the better of the 2 but i've been in MA for about 6 years now so I guess I just missed switch haha

I'd rather do a food truck, or counter service restaurant at DS if my other option was TRex.

The food wasn't great but it kept our 1 year old entertained which, at that point, was the most important part of the experience.

Agree with the review completely. We wouldn’t eat a meal there again, though we are going there for the chocolate extinction for my fiancé’s birthday. She loves chocolate cake and ice cream.

One of our worst dining experiences at WDW. My kid was 6 but he still remembers how bad it was.

Our server was bad, and there was a LONG wait for food, and it ended up looking and tasted like it was from a school cafeteria. And none of us felt good or healthy afterwards. We had low expectations going in, but they were far, far worst than we expected. As for the atmosphere, none of us were impressed, it was loud and obnoxious and the dinosuars were the same cheap things you see at roadside attractions. Kids or not, people should not settle for this level of terrible.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!