T-Shirt to vulgar for disney?

Since I haven’t seen this already mentioned, Deadpool does appear in some of Disney’s Avengers and Spider-Man cartoons. So even kids who aren’t exposed to R-rated movies have a good chance of knowing who he is.

I’m sorry, but I find it extremely hard to believe that someone going to a Disney theme park could have never heard of Deadpool before. It has a sequel already, the character has been around for 2 years. It’s crazy popular. The first movie made more than X-Men at the box office. Deadpool 1 and 2 hold the record for the top opening ticket sales of rated R movies ever. It has been all over TV, commercials, the news, social media for weeks. Unless you live in a cabin in the woods and don’t have a Tv or internet I don’t see how anyone could have no clue that Deadpool is a fictional character that wears a red suit - at minimum.

I’ve heard of the movie Deadpool, but until this thread, I had no idea Deadpool was a character. And until your comment, I didn’t realize that character wore a red suit. I can assure you I don’t live in a cabin in the woods, do watch TV (although not very often), and am obviously on the internet. I also have three kids and teach 10 and 11 year olds. My husband, brother, and students have talked about Deadpool as well, but again, always thought when the name was mentioned, it was just in reference to the movie. All this time I just thought it was the title of a movie. I also know nothing about X-Man. The only thing I know about Avatar is the characters were blue.

FWIW - If I saw this shirt anywhere, I would think it was dumb (because I wouldn’t understand anything about it, so it wouldn’t make sense to me), but finding it offensive wouldn’t even occur to me. I can see at least one of my kids catching Winnie the Pooh and the word “dead” and questioning it, but it still wouldn’t be a big deal to them or me.

I’ve heard of the movie Deadpool, but until this thread, I had no idea Deadpool was a character. And until your comment, I didn’t realize that character wore a red suit. I can assure you I don’t live in a cabin in the woods, do watch TV (although not very often), and am obviously on the internet. I also have three kids and teach 10 and 11 year olds. My husband, brother, and students have talked about Deadpool as well, but again, always thought when the name was mentioned, it was just in reference to the movie. All this time I just thought it was the title of a movie. I also know nothing about X-Man. The only thing I know about Avatar is the characters were blue.

FWIW - If I saw this shirt anywhere, I would think it was dumb (because I wouldn’t understand anything about it, so it wouldn’t make sense to me), but finding it offensive wouldn’t even occur to me. I can see at least one of my kids catching Winnie the Pooh and the word “dead” and questioning it, but it still wouldn’t be a big deal to them or me.
That's me.

For the longest time, I thought Deadpool was a remake of a movie "The Deadpool." And certainly didn't know it was a specific character.

But for me, though I wouldn't find it "offensive," I would find it inappropriate.

Prior to reading this thread, I would have had no idea how to explain this shirt to my kids. I maybe have heard of Deadpool, but did not realize it was a movie/superhero. I probably would have guessed that it was a band.

OP, I would have never even thought to ask if that shirt was inappropriate for the parks in the first place, I would have let my DH wear it, no problem. I think you probably caused more stress and uncertainty by asking for opinions on this board rather than just going for it. I honestly don't think anyone will stop you or question you AT ALL.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about whether this shirt is offensive or not. I can see how it may be misinterpreted by some. But, like others have said, there is nothing vulgar, profane, or inappropriate on that shirt. It's Pooh in a costume :confused3
It’s always easier to ask forgiveness than permission. The shirt is not the slightest bit offensive or inappropriate. If someone thinks otherwise that’s more their problem than anything.

It’s always easier to ask forgiveness than permission. The shirt is not the slightest bit offensive or inappropriate. If someone thinks otherwise that’s more their problem than anything.

It is your opinion it is not offensive. Opinion is different from fact. I could care less if you find it offensive or not, but you are not "right" any more than I am. We are all entitled to our opinions, and that shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

Prior to reading this thread, I would have had no idea how to explain this shirt to my kids. I maybe have heard of Deadpool, but did not realize it was a movie/superhero. I probably would have guessed that it was a band.
It's Pooh in a Halloween costume. See how easy that was?

Now on to the next inexplicable question: "Mom, why is that man's beard pink but his hair is blue?"

Never ever over-explain to children if you can help it;).

The shirt isn't offensive or profane, but it is a bastardization of a tame Disney character. For that reason I can see them asking to turn it inside out.

Wanted to update everyone. My husband wore it to Hollywood studios and one child did ask his dad what it meant but other than that most people said "hey man nice shirt" lol
hey, as long as the kid's eyes didn't burn, it's all in good fun right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!