Bouncy

<font color=red>Bouncin' in from Scotland<br><font
For those of you still waiting your t-shirt was to be sent to you by

Kinlaw6450 who was to send to Poohbears5
Piglet who was to send to Beauty
LisaL who was to send to GoofyS
HoneyPooh who was to send to Harleychic
LisaL in MI who was to send to Goofys.

If any of the above want to contact their exchangee with a reason for not sending anything then please feel free.If you don't PM then I will refuse to include you in any further exchages I do.

Yipes, I would certainly hope every effort was made to contact these people first and await an answer to find out the problem before this post was made to shame them!(which I disagree with)

In her defense Helopoh has been out of town for almost a month. She was originally supposed to be gone only a week and has had some circumstances come up that have delayed her return I hope Tartan Tigger understand. I know she will feel bad about it.
Last I heard she was to return this week. Im sure she will check in as soon as she is able.
Binny

Wow....I too certainly hope some sort of contact was made to these people before this post.....wouldn't you feel awful if some thing horrible had happened, and they just couldn't get in touch with us???
JMHO..not looking for flames....trying to see the good in everyone....

The people in the t-shirt exchange didn't know who was sending them a t-shirt, so there's no way we could contact them and Bouncy only posted this after repeatedly asking the exchangers to get in contact with their exchangees.

I just heard that my t-shirt is on the way, but I still don't know who is sending it, only that it's coming.

I think that most of the people who didn't receive t-shirts are not upset as much about the t-shirt as they are from not hearing a word from their exchanger and feeling forgotten. :( I think that anyone would be understanding if told there was a problem, it's the being ignored part that hurts.

Same thing happened with the ornament exchange - some of the people also had lost their jobs at the time...so that was understandable but I had to do ALOT of hunting down people...it's very time consuming.

This is one of the reasons I don't participate in these exchanges . . . the intentions are often good, but sometimes things just don't work out, and feelings get hurt . . .

I agree that real life can get in the way. I pmed and publicly apologized to my exchangee about the delay. We had 2 deaths and a sick son so the exchange was put on hold for a few weeks. I will still participate in others though because they are so much fun ! I can't wait to shop for my Yankee Candle person this weekend and I'm already looking very very forward to the ornament exchange! I think everyone that signs up for these has good intentions but life can interfere with anything now days. And I have seen Bouncy post many many posts asking for the two people to get in contact with each other. I'm not worried about whether I get a t-shirt or not but an I'm sorry but I just forgot or I'm sorry but I can't afford it or can't find one...anything would be nice.

yikes! :eek: not sure what i think about "public" shaming.

TO 6_Time Momma and Boos Mom
I have spent a lot of time organising thsi exchange and had a lot of late nights pairing people up not only in America but other parts of the world.I have posted numerous requests for exchangees to contact the person they are sending to,to let them know whats happening.Apparently this is not the only exchange this has happened in and too many people are recieving but not sending.I see the good in all people too but when people become selfish like this I get angry.It takes 2 minutes to send a PM,and give an explanation.Surely this is not too much too ask.

The reason I have resorted to this is because I am getting PMs from people who have not recieved but have sent out.They are naturally upset,wouldn't you be?These exchanges aren't cheap especailly when you have to post from overseas,like myself and Tartan Tigger do.

Tartan Tigger has also been on holiday but she managed to send out her t-shirt to California before she left.

I kinow people have hard times and things do happen but like I said before it takes 2 minutes to PM and good manners cost nothing.

Bouncy, Helopoh isnt on vacation. What started out that way is no longer. Im sorry but she deserves a break right now not be humiliated. I know you put a lot of work into this but things DO come up. She has not even logged in since June 30th that I know of.

Im not trying to stir up any feathers and have no opinion on anything else with this. I just know what my dear friend is going through and I dont want to see her hurt anymore than she allready is.
Thank you for understanding.

Bouncy, I am deeply hurt that you posted my name here. I sent TerriP her shirt and even recieved an e-mail from her that she had gotten the t-shirt and loved it. I have received no PM's from you on this topic and am wondering why I was publicly shamed?

Sorry, but I don't agree with publicly naming these people. Something could have happened to them.

This should have either been handled in private, or sadly, just chalk it up to people not caring. (if that was the case)

sorry, but I just don't agree with this.

Is Helopooh on the list? I didn't see her name!

Kinlaw6450 who was to send to Poohbears5
Piglet who was to send to Beauty
LisaL who was to send to GoofyS
HoneyPooh who was to send to Harleychic
LisaL in MI who was to send to Goofys.

Maybe this wasn't the way to go, but many posts were made regarding the missing shirts and nothing came from it, so it was brought to this.

Hollymom I tried to PM you but your mail box is full.there was no name mentioned on TerriPs post and since there was two of us going through the list I apologise for the mistake.

At least your mail box is full of non-complaints.

Hollymom1229 DID send me a GREAT Virginia t-shirt. My post stated that I'd received my shirt from a great new friend and am upset for those that have not received their shirts. I offered to send out another shirt to anyone who sent one out but didn't get one back.

I'm sorry if someone read/interpreted by post incorrectly...Hollymom1229 sent me an awesome shirt that I have thanked her for both publicly and privately...she done good!!:p

In defence of Bouncy I know how long she spent organising this exchange and how many pm's she has received from people wondering why they haven't received anything. I badgered her myself. Now I know helopoh has problems I am more understanding.
I appreciate how Bouncy is feeling about all this. At the end of last year I did the Flat Stanley project with the children I work with. 20 people agreed to take part and the children excitedly sent them out. Only 9 were returned:( It was very difficult trying to explain to 6 year olds how there Stanley never returned:( I never heard anything from the people who didn't return them.
Really makes you think twice about taking part in these things.

Originally posted by Tartan Tigger
At the end of last year I did the Flat Stanley project with the children I work with. 20 people agreed to take part and the children excitedly sent them out. Only 9 were returned:( It was very difficult trying to explain to 6 year olds how there Stanley never returned:( I never heard anything from the people who didn't return them.

[I, personally have done 2 FS's and, although the little guy probably returned with nothing substantial, I did make a diary of sorts and, I sent them both back!! It's a commitment! I'm sorry so many of your kids were disappointed!!]

Really makes you think twice about taking part in these things.
Yes, and no. I think the organizers have the biggest headaches and work to do but, I'm glad that those that truly participate, actually come through with what they signed on for!

I hope that these recent 'trends' of non-compliance STOP! ASAP! We're coming up to some of the greatest exchanges (even with the headaches) but, SO MANY OF US Enjoy Them! I wish it was 100% guaranteed but, it isn't.

My Thanks to ALL the Organizers and coordinators of the various exchanges ~ It's NOT a Thankless job (WE DO CARE) but, it does carry some HARD WORK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter