TA question

JenniferYoung44

Mouseketeer
A TA booked my package for September at Disney. (Just a regular package, not an agency exclusive or anything). The problem is she has not yet added the tickets and is now MIA. FP day is approaching and I’m getting worried. If I have the confirmation number can I call and add them? Or does it have to be done it have to be done through the TA sight?

A TA booked my package for September at Disney. (Just a regular package, not an agency exclusive or anything). The problem is she has not yet added the tickets and is now MIA. FP day is approaching and I’m getting worried. If I have the confirmation number can I call and add them? Or does it have to be done it have to be done through the TA sight?

I'm confused....if you booked a package (room + tix), you shouldn't have to add tickets to your account as the tickets should automatically be linked to your MDE. Is the reservation showing up in MDE? I'm sure you've done this already, but I would double check your confirmation to make sure a package was booked and not RO. Since you booked through a TA, she is the only one who can contact Disney about the reservation.

Are the tickets part of the package you booked? If they are, I’m not understanding how you could have a package booked without them being there? If you bought them separate & have them, you can just enter them into your MDE account.

Just curious ... but if your TA didn't offer you an agency or exclusive package ... why would you even use a TA?

And as stated by PP, your TA owns your reservation. Do you have your MDE set up? and is your package showing on there?

So the package was booked with a room and dining, no tickets because we are using an AP discount. We do t have the AP yet. The plan is to buy 3 4dayPH and upgrade two of them to AP (bc my DD and I are going back in December).
I used a TA because she is a family friend and at the start of this I knew nothing and had no idea how obsessed I would become with Disney planning. And also bc I wasn’t sure I wanted to go the AP discount route vs. FD and until I have an AP I couldnt see those deals. In hindsight I wish I’d just done it myself.

So the package was booked with a room and dining, no tickets because we are using an AP discount. We do t have the AP yet. The plan is to buy 3 4dayPH and upgrade two of them to AP (bc my DD and I are going back in December).
I used a TA because she is a family friend and at the start of this I knew nothing and had no idea how obsessed I would become with Disney planning. And also bc I wasn’t sure I wanted to go the AP discount route vs. FD and until I have an AP I couldnt see those deals. In hindsight I wish I’d just done it myself.

So have you paid her for the tickets already? If not, just purchase them yourself from either Disney or a discount ticket seller site. Then you can just enter them into MDE yourself.

I could be wrong, but if you have 4 day tickets, is that the length of your stay? I think you are only allowed to book FP+ for the number of days you have tickets for.
I’d get in touch with manager of Agency if you can’t get in touch with your friend TA. Is this a Disney Specialized agency? Usually when a TA is going to be away, they contact you and let you know what agent has your file while they’re away. At least that’s what any agent I’ve worked with for booking does.

And also bc I wasn’t sure I wanted to go the AP discount route vs. FD and until I have an AP I couldnt see those deals.

I don’t think that’s true. I don’t have an AP, I went to the main website, and got here in two clicks. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/ At least two passhokder deals are shown.

Just buy your tickets or APs and add them to MDE. It’s doesn’t touch her package at all. Easy.

Last edited:
Just curious ... but if your TA didn't offer you an agency or exclusive package ... why would you even use a TA?

And as stated by PP, your TA owns your reservation. Do you have your MDE set up? and is your package showing on there?

Some of us have loyalty to a TA regardless of the "exclusives" they might have because of how they have treated us in the past.

One thing I love about mine is when a new discount comes out - sometimes even before I know it's out - she checks to see if changing my reservation to it will save me money. If it does, she'll contact me and see if I want to change to it if there are differences in the new deal and what I have booked (if everything offered in the new price matches what I have booked, she'll go ahead and make the change and contact me to let me know I'll be getting a new e-doc to electronically sign). If it doesn't, she'll contact me to say that she checked my booking against the new package and it wouldn't save me anything. I don't have to deal with the website's wonkiness to try and figure it out myself - then wait on the phone to make the change and hope my resort-of-choice isn't out of the deal by the time I get to talk to a person.

(For the cruise line, she also deals with the craziness of opening day for me.)

I don’t think that’s true. I don’t have an AP, I went to the main website, and got here in two clicks. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/ At least two passhokder deals are shown.

Just buy your tickets or APs and add them to MDE. It’s doesn’t touch her package at all. Easy.

But when you try to check availability, you have to log in. If you don’t have the AP (or a certificate) you can’t check the actual resorts & rates available.

Do you have an AP discount room + dining package booked now? If so, you can't add tickets to an AP package so you don't need your TA to do this. You don't need the TA to buy tickets anyway. Simply go on the WDW website or a third-party site and purchase the tickets you need then link them to MDE. If you are buying AP's, just buy them now and then buy the PH ticket you need.

Another possibility - MIGHT- be to cancel your existing reservation and re-book it yourself.

When last I used a TA, it was before MDE/booking FP at 60 days.

So if she doesn't have the reservation information, then I could see how she'd be nervous about getting FP at 60+ days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter